PDA

View Full Version : Sesshoumaru Wallpaper

Morrigana
01-10-2004, 04:42 PM
[COLOR=blue]I did this wallpaper 4-6 months ago, and had it on deviantart before they deleted it. Obviously the images are not mine.

To give a little info; I always have wallpapers a resolution size smaller than my screen (I'm running 1152 or whater and have 1024 walls), so I have a little border for the six icons I keep on my desktop to sit on. Because of that, I tend to make busier pieces and not put in blank space for icons. I also prefer dark wallpapers, hence my color choices.

So, what, if anything, could be improved upon?

wizz-o-matic
01-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Oh, nice, a Sesshoumaru wp.

Ok, first of all I would make the pics in the boxes a monotone color (maybe blue or like the bg). Oh, yeah, I think that those boxes are a bit too big.
And then I would also add some lines to the wp.

Candy-chan
01-10-2004, 05:10 PM
i partly agree with wizzy here, you dont have to monotone the boxes if you put them smaller
and are the boxes forced to be on the left ( then some pple wont use it itll be covered by desktop items) if there smaller, they can go somewhere else

Morrigana
01-12-2004, 01:19 AM
Okay, version two. I had to redo it, since the PSD was on my roomie's hard drive, and he reformated.

I tried to move the insets over a little to give icon junkies some room along the left, and added the lines. I normally don't do lines, as they seem to structured. Because of the lines, I just felt like I needed to add text. I didn't want it to distract so much, so I faded it out a lot.

Mostly, I'm just happy that I have a graphics tablet now.

wizz-o-matic
01-12-2004, 02:01 PM
much better, I like the bg.

Make the lines smaller and also the boxes around the litle pics should be a bit smaller (thin).
The main char seems a bit pixlate -> try to use Smart Blur (but don't exagerate with it or the char will be too blurry).
And also reduce the size of your signature.

onslaught2029
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM
I like that second wall alot better than the first except for one thing: the background color. If you used the darker bg from the first wall, i think it would look alot better, but just my opinion.

escaflownemoon
01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
I like the bg in the second one and yea I think you don't need the lines connected to the smaller pics because the lines are a bit distracting. I think the wall is just fine without the lines but that's just my taste or really tone the lines down and make them skinnier like what Wizzard said.