PDA

View Full Version : Kenshin Walls

Candy-chan
01-10-2004, 12:44 PM
made them with my scans, so the quality should be good. There pretty simple. So im asking, are they too simple??
firt one:

by the way, is it Rurouni or rouroni or rorouni ...?

escaflownemoon
01-10-2004, 12:59 PM
umm it's the first one Rurouni I think. I don't know I can't even pronounce it unless someone says it first.

I have to say it is a little simple. maybe add some frame design around the edges. :/

Black_Leo
01-10-2004, 03:14 PM
add the name somewhere and you're done :D
and if thats what those letters says then dont do anything, its good, I'd make it my wallpaper if I didnt find that awesome ff7 advent children wallpaper....... :P

Kelvin Wenas
01-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Ru-ro-u-ni, written in hiragana
Ken-shin, written in kanji

Candy-chan
01-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Kelvin Wenas@Jan 10 2004, 02:17 PM
Rurouni, written in hiragana
Kenshin, written in kanji
what??
you want me to write it like that?
what is hiragana ( i thought it was a place in tokyo..)

Black_Leo
01-10-2004, 03:24 PM
I think thats what those characters on the wallpaper are

Candy-chan
01-10-2004, 03:28 PM
no i think its the signature , classic artist signatures are in that kind of square box

Black_Leo
01-10-2004, 03:41 PM
well in that case you should add rurouni kenshin somewhere, although make it small so it wont take away what the wallpaper is really about

Kelvin Wenas
01-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Candy&#045;chan+Jan 10 2004, 03:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Candy-chan @ Jan 10 2004, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kelvin Wenas@Jan 10 2004, 02:17 PM
what??
what is hiragana ( i thought it was a place in tokyo..) [/b][/quote]
i dont say that :^_^:

you asked that it is rurouni, rorouni, rouroni

it is rurouni if you spell it, but in the main title, it is written in hiragana characters

wizz-o-matic
01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
ql, another B&W wp. Nice, I like it&#33;

And as Kelvin Wenas said it&#39;s Rurouni Kenshin.

Candy-chan
01-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kelvin Wenas+Jan 10 2004, 02:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kelvin Wenas @ Jan 10 2004, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Candy&#045;chan@Jan 10 2004, 03:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kelvin Wenas@Jan 10 2004, 02:17 PM
what??
what is hiragana ( i thought it was a place in tokyo..)
i dont say that :^_^:

you asked that it is rurouni, rorouni, rouroni

it is rurouni if you spell it, but in the main title, it is written in hiragana characters [/b][/quote]
aaaaaaaaa okay thanks

asher_aj_wei
01-11-2004, 11:06 PM
very nice wall~ I love simple walls~
The animewallpapers.com words, I think just having the words is enough, don&#39;t need the whiteness to eat into the picture.

MistressPookyChan
01-12-2004, 12:19 AM
i like the wallpaper; nice and simple. you should reverse the colors to give others another option ^-^

*off topic: japanese 101*

hiragana: alphabet, used to spell out japanese words; usually the first type of japanese writing taught

katakana: alphabet, used to spell out foreign words in japanese phonetics and to spell out exclamations (like "baka")

kanji: a character representing an idea or subject

since there is no kanji given for "rurouni", it is spelt in hiragana. Kenshin does have a kanji set, so it is written in kanji instead of hiragana. when typing in romanji, you dont have to type it out as "ru-ro-u-ni", but if you were to type it in hiragana, that&#39;s how it would be written.

this is the number one reason why I dont like when people try to type japanese on their wallpapers; 2/3 of the people generally don&#39;t do it correctly.

asher_aj_wei
01-12-2004, 12:02 PM
this is the number one reason why I dont like when people try to type japanese on their wallpapers; 2/3 of the people generally don&#39;t do it correctly.

... Have you seen some of the walls featured at the animewallpapers.com webbie? A few of them have words which absolutely have no relation to the anime featured. Like one of the Love Hina walls featuring Naru, the words are "She Kills Demons".
I was like "HuH?" But then again, I&#39;m not the one deciding the walls.

Iapetus
01-12-2004, 03:42 PM
First thing&#39;s first.. I really like the wall. That isn&#39;t a common picture of Kenshin, and it is refreshing to see something a bit different (and in black and white too&#33; I love those).

About the writing of japanese on walls... it kind of reminds me of the stuff you see on engrish.com. Of course, I cannot read 9/10ths of the stuff on the walls, but I know that weird phrases are probably there. As asher_aj_wei pointed out, I guess that it really was the truth.

I personally don&#39;t use japanese of any form that often on walls, because I don&#39;t have a good program for writing it out. There was one exception for a wall I just submitted, but that was because I found a picture with his name on it in kanji.

-Iapetus

Candy-chan
01-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by asher_aj_wei@Jan 11 2004, 10:06 PM

The animewallpapers.com words, I think just having the words is enough, don&#39;t need the whiteness to eat into the picture.
well the white wasnt there originally but it was hard to read and looked a bit messy so i didnt have any choice

oh and thanks for the comments ^^

second one:

Kenshin
01-13-2004, 06:48 PM
its rurouni kenshin :)

MistressPookyChan
01-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by asher_aj_wei@Jan 12 2004, 12:02 PM

... Have you seen some of the walls featured at the animewallpapers.com webbie? A few of them have words which absolutely have no relation to the anime featured. Like one of the Love Hina walls featuring Naru, the words are "She Kills Demons".
I was like "HuH?" But then again, I&#39;m not the one deciding the walls.
**off topic**you also forget that I put up very little of the wallpapers onto the site. Those that know me know I am quite picky about text to begin with, and if it doesn&#39;t make sence I generally don&#39;t accept it. This includes Japanese, since I have studied it for almost 3 years.

back on topic: The image in the new wallpaper is splotty and discolored in places. Also, the bars in the back don&#39;t really match. how about a foresty type background or something not-so-modern?