PDA

View Full Version : **lets Have A Chat Event**!!

MistressPookyChan
01-05-2004, 10:43 AM
i like chat events; they are fun! we've had a couple spontanious ones, but i want a nice big one.

when: lets discuss that! (post opinions)
where: mirc chatroom! (quakenet, #animewallpapers)
what: lets discuss that too! (post opinions)
why: because pooky said so *roar*. jk, because it would be fun!

darkparrot
01-05-2004, 11:23 AM
When and what time will this take place?

jumomo
01-05-2004, 01:05 PM
im always in the irc chan anyway ...

MistressPookyChan
01-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by darkparrot@Jan 5 2004, 11:23 AM
When and what time will this take place?
*points to "state your opinion"* this thread is to start generating some discussion on the idea! what date and time works for YOU? ^-^

acamori
01-07-2004, 08:44 AM
as for when, i'd say you probably want to do it when as many people can be there as possible. probably in the afternoon, if you want to keep it to a certain time period. personnally i think you should pick a whole day and just try to keep an ongoing topic or something. i suppose it really depends on what the event is on how long it can last.

kadaan
01-07-2004, 12:23 PM
*is still looking for a free irc client for mac...*

all the ones I've found so far limit you to 30 minutes if you're not registered.

As for times, mornings are best for me, I have night classes. Anytime before 11:00am PST works. Evenings on M/W after about 6:30pm work as well.

I've never participated in a "chat event" so I don't really know what kind of topic to talk about.

Eyerate
01-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Since we really have a diverse population around here i would say youd havto pick a time thats early morning for one popular timezone and mid-day/night for another and the others just fall in between. Goodluck figurin that out :\ but ill be there if im not working.

RequiMem
01-07-2004, 09:32 PM
I think mozilla has IRC chat for the mac. If that doesn't work, or you don't want to download a new browser just to use IRC, I'm sure there are java clients available. I'm not sure how to use either as I haven't used a mac in many years.

Now that I'm back at my apartment at school, I think I'll just be in the channel 24/7. That solves the time issue for me. =)

MistressPookyChan
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
im online 24/7 for the month of January (except in the mornings because i have to work). I'm also on until late at night. So, if you pop into the chat, I'll be there! Lets start chatting! we've already had some great conversations in the chat.

don't forget, if I see you in there a lot, I will make you a chat mod. :)

EternalBlue
01-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Hmm I pop in there once in a while, but I never see anyone talking :| ahh well maybe just bad timing lol

demonplight
01-08-2004, 12:01 AM
When you do enter the room, please chat. It was hell getting this thing to work on my comp. so I want my timw investment to pay off.
also the next time there is a chat, IM me or email me my aim screen name is in my profile.

MistressPookyChan
01-08-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm sick of PMing and IMing everyone to tell them to come into the chat. It's open 24/7. you can go in there whenever. If you talk, people will generally talk back. I cannot sit in there all day and make sure people talk.

now, more and more people have been comming AND staying in the chat! thanks to you that have been doing that!