PDA

View Full Version : My First Wp - Ccs Holiday (a Little Late...)

Darkstar
01-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi to all! been lurking for a while checking things out when I can & finally decided to post the only WP I've done to date (though hopefully not the last :) ). It's a CCS christmas WP & I hope you like it. Yeah, it's a little late for the holidays, but I like it and thought I'd share. Enjoy!

here's a link in case the file doesn't attach....Sakura wallpaper (http://www.darkstardigitalmedia.com/images/sakuratree.jpg)

kero
01-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey! That's pretty good. Is that an official image or a fanart? Do you think you could tell me where you got the original picture? I've been looking for a good CCS Christmas pic for a while now. Thanks.

- Kero

escaflownemoon
01-02-2004, 05:18 PM
That's pretty good, but a little light on the characters for my taste.

MistressPookyChan
01-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forums! I hope we see more of your wallpapers soon.

I agree with escaflowne that the characters are a bit light. also, most designers move the image to the side and not keep it in the middle.

oooh! How about adding a window, so it looks like you're peeking into the house at this cute scene?

Darkstar
01-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Kero, it's an image from one of the artbooks though I forget which one offhand. I have a few & one of my friends has a few - might be one of her books, she scanned & burned a lot of stuff for me. I need to dig out my books & check.

I'll play with the window idea a bit & see what happens. It was intentionally light, I'm not a big fan of super-bold, glaring wallpaper especially since I work at my PC w/the lights off quite a bit (so as not to disturb the sleeping kiddies) - gets hard on the eyes. I will try bumpring up the opacity a bit just for kicks though. As for the positioning, I'm not sure how much more I could shift it...something else to play with.

Thanks for the feedback!

wizz-o-matic
01-03-2004, 03:14 AM
Yeah, I agree with others. Try to darken a bit. It's only my opinion or the pic is a bit low quality -> try to blur it a bit.

Other than that, good wp.