PDA

View Full Version : Beta Wall (again!)

diablo111
01-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Wasn't sure where to go with this...I finished the wall (without the border and the text) and it hit me, it looked like a vacation photo. So I added the border and text, but I don't know if it really fits or works.

Comments, criticism and any help would be welcomed!

kero
01-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Interesting....This reminds of a postcard ^__^' I liked what you did with the bg. It looks distinct and yet the guy doesn't just blend into it. Good job!

- Kero

escaflownemoon
01-02-2004, 05:19 PM
This is cool. Post card style. I like it. :)

RequiMem
01-02-2004, 07:14 PM
I really like it. The only thing I would suggest is maybe adding some of the markings that the post office sometimes puts on top but It would be just fine without.

I had one postcard sent to me from Japan, unfortunately I don't have it with me. Maybe you could fake it and make it seem as if the card was from like Alba city on Mars or something like that.

MistressPookyChan
01-02-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree with RequiMem that adding some text to make it look like it's from somewhere would help add to the postcard feel. I wonder if some shine (arent most postcards shiney?) would help or if it would just look tacky... might be something to try.

good job so far! Just needs the final touches.

omicron_15
01-02-2004, 09:38 PM
A little bit of scratch and dust maybe, might look cool.

ownerizer
01-02-2004, 09:57 PM
I think it'd work more as a poster than a wallpaper. It's just not sutable for icons.

wizz-o-matic
01-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Nice concept! I like it. Try to make it a bit shiny.

btw. isn't the stamp (and the other stuf that the post office puts on) on the other side of the post card?

RequiMem
01-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Actually yeah, I guess most of it is on the back. Oh welll, scrap that idea. :P

I just remembered, the one I got from Japan had a post-it-note-like sticker with a barcode on it on the front, but I doubt you would want to put that on the image.

nucleardesignate
01-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 09:57 PM
I think it'd work more as a poster than a wallpaper. It's just not sutable for icons.
yeah, its kinda busy, and i have around 78 icons. it would be a cool poster, though :)

asher_aj_wei
01-11-2004, 10:47 PM
I like it a lot~ But the text seems to be pretty small... I dunno, I'm trying to look at it from far just so that I get that "postcard" size feel. The text seems to small and I wonder where Spike got that cool white colour ink pen hehe :D
The only thing I think needs working is the text. Background, border, extraction, all looks alright to me :D Nice work!