PDA

View Full Version : Copyright Laws

akachan
12-31-2003, 03:23 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm going to do a website for my wallpapers, drawings(mine but from exstisting anime)etc etc..But I don't know if I have to write anything about the copyright of the images I used to make the walls...could you guys help me?
oh! merry past xmas and happy new year!!and happy epifania!!(it's the sixth of january)

onslaught2029
12-31-2003, 02:34 PM
I want to make my site the same way, so i know how you feel. To be on the safe side, i would put up a disclaimer, thats what i did. It never hurts to be cautious.

demonplight
12-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Just add the disclamer, all sorce images and rights their of belong to their respected parties, Bandi, Gainex, AMV,... or something simular. if you go to sites like Gundam plus you can read their disclaimer. many sites have them.

MistressPookyChan
12-31-2003, 09:52 PM
It can be as basic as "the characters and their images are property of their creator" or can be more technical. This could include name of anime, artist and company that produces the anime/manga. The later option is required on deviantart (last i checked).

akachan
01-02-2004, 02:32 AM
thank a lot... it&#39;s better to be always a bit too careful :<_<: :)

Daemon
01-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Basically a small site would not hurt anyone, especially if you use popular anime and popular images.

You have to be more careful when using Fan Arts from people like you or independent artists because they don&#39;t make as much money as the big ones.

ASK the artists before using.

Also, make sure that the image you are using is not already someone&#39;s wallpaper made from an original picture.

Putting a disclaimer just says that it is not yours but you know at all time if the real artist finds it out, he will e-mail you and probably ask for a link to the original site or just remove it.

It&#39;s RARE that they make you pay.

Sometimes (the mean ones) will just contact your web hosting company and charge you / shut you down from there but that&#39;s EXTREMELY RARE so I&#39;ll shut up now and stop scary you...

I hope my comment was informative... ^^

Candy-chan
01-11-2004, 03:55 PM
yayyy im too doing a website for my walls, i was just thinking about the disclaimer thing this morning, ^^
so thats cool thanks i was about to ask the same questions

Daemon
01-11-2004, 10:05 PM
hehe, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me ;)
Here&#39;s a paper I wrote about Copyrights, brief overview (YES I WROTE THIS&#33;)
http://www.daeya.org/temp/%5b2003.04.29%5d...rty%20FINAL.pdf (http://www.daeya.org/temp/%5b2003.04.29%5d%20Copyright%20and%20Intellectual% 20Property%20FINAL.pdf)

and......yeah......it&#39;s copyrighted....so if you need anything from it.....ask me :P