PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Black_Leo
12-30-2003, 09:26 AM
I dont know what to do with this wallpaper, im thinking of just completely redoing it, any suggestions would really be appreciated

wallpaper here (http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bkillerx/FFXII2.jpg)

Alucard
12-30-2003, 09:30 AM
I am by far a pro in this section ive just started but I would say a little bit of color in the background or a landscape behind it would be cool
now it kind of empty

EternalBlue
12-30-2003, 10:18 AM
It could use a little background yes. :)

RequiMem
12-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Generally I believe that it is possible to make a good wallpaper without adding much background to the image. But in this case I think it needs something a bit more.

I played around with the image a bit cause I don't think I would help all that much by telling you to adjust the composition by moving stuff around, so I posted a sample of what could be possible.

Change that FFXII logo. To be honest, to me it looks like leaf-eating bugs got ahold of the logo and started munching away. I think you should either smooth out the effect or change it or remove the image.

Other than that, I believe you have the starts of a decent wallpaper, just continue to play with it.

escaflownemoon
12-30-2003, 12:59 PM
The white bg is a good idea, but in this case it does need more work with how you arrange the images. Also get rid of the chewed up logo not saying you should discard the logo but make it not so chewed up in the extraction.

Eyerate
12-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Heres my opinion, I feel that main image is pretty awkward looking(looks like shes picking her nose) but that isnt my main quam with this wallpaper. Tutorials are great GREAT resources but when i see someone use a tutorial in the exact same way its shown on the site it bothers me. Creativity and originality is what defines you as an artist(digital or not) but you should always tweak tutorials to be something special or individual to you. If you created a body would you put a copy of an existing soul in it? Just be creative. It is turning out nicely though. Good luck.

-Eye

ownerizer
12-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Alucard@Dec 30 2003, 08:30 AM
I am by far a pro in this section ive just started but I would say a little bit of color in the background or a landscape behind it would be cool
now it kind of empty
hahahaha, a noob pro. That's the first I've heard. Use some punctuation and I might understand your whole sentance.

DrunkenShit
12-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Hmm i think you should really put somethin over that white background. Maybe you could put a larger pic of that girl and lower the opacity of it?

demonplight
12-30-2003, 09:02 PM
I would get rid of the logo, and take RequiMem's example and add a watercolor painting of a beach or some thing, or just a soft mixture of colors. to mix in with the word art and the fram of the pic but other than that I think its good.

Black_Leo
12-31-2003, 03:50 PM
i've actually figured out theres too much work needed to be done so i started on another one, from this point on i want someone to take it and mess around with it, you can claim it as yours if ya want i just want some more ideas.......

here it iswallpaper (http://www.angelfire.com/art2/bkillerx/FFXII3.jpg)

and thanks a lot for the tips, its just been so long since i've used photoshop i've lost it all... :(

omicron_15
12-31-2003, 09:54 PM
The new one looks nice.