PDA

View Full Version : eva movie

KittieSTH
07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
so is someone really supposed to be making a eva live action movie. i don't know how i would feel about that seeing as we screw everything up that we get our hands on and make into live action.

.Kuro
09-06-2009, 04:15 AM
Well, in my opinion, an Evangelion live action movie would be interesting IF it is produced by the japs. If an american company tries to do it they would really mess up. Just seeing the DB trailer made me cry.

Kamen Rider V3 Blue
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry but Americans are making the film according to Wikipedia it'll feature a "mostly european" cast*shudders*

alexikari
09-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Well I think it wouldn't be a good movie. Eva it's too complex to be transformed into a movie.
Well, I'm new here, I didn't find a topic where to introduce myself! Nice to meet u guys :D

Vashstamptime
09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
If an American studio is doing it it'll almost certainly suck. :(

crowheart
10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
It is now in production hell everyone

rejoice!

TheSplundPopper
10-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Another good anime series is going to be butchered by Hollywood. Can imagine what this live action is going to be like. A bit of story lightly based on Evangelion, badly made costumes made to lightly resemble Evangelion mecha and over the top special effects as if to say, "Look! I know we aren't bothering too much with the story but look at the special effects that we can afford!"

Aizen's many boobs
10-30-2009, 04:15 PM
you can rei my asuka anytime. I'd even let you shinji my robot!

Dani0
11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Another good anime series is going to be butchered by Hollywood. Can imagine what this live action is going to be like. A bit of story lightly based on Evangelion, badly made costumes made to lightly resemble Evangelion mecha and over the top special effects as if to say, "Look! I know we aren't bothering too much with the story but look at the special effects that we can afford!"

Actually, I think the opposite will be true.

They'll probably have no budget because their audience is small as not many Americans really even know Evangelion.

They'll hire crappy actors, pay next to nothing for crappy effects, they'll cut corners at every chance to maximize profit.

Because they are doing it to make money, after all. They're not going to spend a boatload to make it awesome only to have a few fans watch it.

Xombii
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Well we wont really know until the first legitimate trailer comes out! All we can do is hope xD

Zeed Magna
11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I heard that they are going to change all the character names. I also heard that they are going to rename Asuka, "Kate Rose" and Misato, "Susan Whitnall".

My thoughts:
Eva + Live-Action = FAIL

Hypatia
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh hell what next. A Gundam seed movie. It is going to fail so badly. Its an anime for crying out loud its ment to stay that way.

Gjallarhorn
11-18-2009, 01:48 PM
People have been talking about a live-action Evangelion movie for over a decade. There's always new rumors starting up about who is producing it, where it will be made, etc. But one thing has always remained constant: It's all just rumors.

Lehvorak
11-29-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think there is a live-action movie for Evangelion, if there is one... that would be cool... but that is all just dreams and wishes that will never come true until someone does something about it.

vassock
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I heard that they are going to change all the character names. I also heard that they are going to rename Asuka, "Kate Rose" and Misato, "Susan Whitnall".

My thoughts:
Eva + Live-Action = FAIL

Those new names suck and I live in America. I don't think it is a good idea to change their names to American ones. It makes sense to keep it in Japan. And if you have to use American actors, you could just they were born in Japan but are of European/American parents. Asuka, anyone? NERV is an international agency, anyway.

The problem with turning 26 episodes into one movie is obvious: not enough time. Those episodes are paced almost as fast as they can be paced and there are still plenty of questions left unanswered at the end of it.

That said, I'd love to see a couple of movies that cover the story as it is given in episodes 1-24 and EoE + a more conclusive ending, but it's just not going to happen. :(

GaijinOtaku
12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
OK, this is stuff I've heard. I don't know if any of it's true, so don't take my word for it.

~The Kate Rose/Susan Whitnail names are only being used for concept work and the rea lanmes will be used in the final film.

~There will be three films, so they can tell the whole story.

With those said I'm not very excited ,despite the fact that Eva's my favorite anime of all time. I was excited for a live-action Dragon Ball, and look what I got. I think it could be done right, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be pissed if the cast isn't asian. They can be american, just hire asian-americans, and keep the names, and say it's set in Tokyo. We can use our imaginations. Except for Asuka, an american would be fine since that technically is her nationality.

vassock
12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
OK, this is stuff I've heard. I don't know if any of it's true, so don't take my word for it.

~The Kate Rose/Susan Whitnail names are only being used for concept work and the rea lanmes will be used in the final film.

~There will be three films, so they can tell the whole story.

With those said I'm not very excited ,despite the fact that Eva's my favorite anime of all time. I was excited for a live-action Dragon Ball, and look what I got. I think it could be done right, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be pissed if the cast isn't asian. They can be american, just hire asian-americans, and keep the names, and say it's set in Tokyo. We can use our imaginations. Except for Asuka, an american would be fine since that technically is her nationality.

How many Asians (and hopefully Japanese or Japanese-looking ones) are you going to find that are good actors, can speak English, and fit the roles? I doubt you'll find too many. IMO they will have trouble finding actors even with fewer constraints.

If they're going to film it in English, then what is the point in pretending that these guys are "really Japanese?" Since NERV is an international agency, I think they can get away with using European-looking characters and some Japanese as they become available. For the Japanese defense forces, it would make sense to get Japanese actors exclusively, but that shouldn't be a problem since those roles aren't very important so they will be able to hire cheaper actors. The only thing that remains is Shinji's school, which is presumably completely Japanese with very few exceptions (Asuka).

It's too bad that Takeshi Kitano is so old now. I think he would have been a pretty good Gendo.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2001_Brother/takeshi_kitano_brother_001.jpg