View Full Version : I Have Made 2 Wall Papers Tell Me What You Think

12-26-2003, 06:13 PM
these are my first two wallpapers, tell me what you think, also I think they are missing something.

12-26-2003, 06:21 PM
here is the other.
please tell me what you think. I cant get better if i dont know what im doing wrong.

12-26-2003, 07:19 PM
this is what i think :
1st one : looks too busy ... to much layers

2nd one : looks good ... but i would loose the shinji in the middle

12-26-2003, 07:33 PM
i'd say that the second is better than the first. reason? the layering is too much. the most i'd say you should do is twice. after that it gets blury. the second one doesnt seem right with two flames coming up the sides. maybe if they are at the edge or you get rid of them it might change. but overall the background is nice.
pretty good for your first time

12-26-2003, 10:10 PM
maybe it's just me, but i like the first one better. I would tone down the green mech layers a bit, and maybe add more subtle tech to the background. other than that, I think it's really neat.

12-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok i tinkered with the first one and this is what i got tell me what you think.

12-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Heres the deal with opacity and color/hue filtering on layer overlays. As a rule of thumb you wanna usually expand the transparent layer from the main mass of the object rather than contract it. You almost always want to put the solid layer in front just because it draws the eye and looks alot more comfortable. The other thing i see wrong with it is your background. I remember when i first started graffing i had a hard time with bgs. You should almost never use plain black for a bg. You wanna meld something into it for example pooky said maybe some light tech. That could work but i think thats more than a little played out in anime walls. You might wanna go flowing to contrast the blocky apprearance of the eva. I find a tech attentionpiece with a flowing background to be somewhat melodic to the eyes. Just be original. To often do i see the same thing with wallpapers. And any kind of gon is played to death(by gon i mean hexagon octagon ect). Its sorta like yo-yos were in the mid 90s and hiphop is now. Graffik art has fads. Avoid them at all costs. Although "throwback" walls utilizing old fads can be very inventive. Oh the other piece of advice i had for you is this. Pixel blending. When you chop somthing and it looks really blocky you should always pixel blend in some way. Weather it be utilizing blur or maybe a gradient outline of some sort. Unless of course you intended it to have that look. Good luck.

12-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Well I found a huge pick on google search, and well I croppedet and added text does that count as a wall paper I made, or what?
I dont really go with fads, for one thing. and with that wall paper i wanted a sence of movement with 01 in the negs that i layered, and made semi transparent. also in the bottom left im still looking for a group pick of the first three children to put down there. and i need to find a sharper red brodrek (tree of life) for it. Its not done rather a working progress like the other one. I need to find some thing to put in the left and right side of it that will help fill it, but not make it tacky. also im thinking about getting rid of the flames on the side, and just putting some good verticle eva series picks, like when one of them was flying and eating 02. but first i have to find some pics that I want to work in to it, havent yet so im not done.

12-28-2003, 07:45 PM
I'll comment on your latest wall...
The text, it's standing out too much. I think you can totally remove that orange bar at the bottom.
Work on the text, give it a more walking-out-of-a-scene-where-a-bomb-just-blew scene XD. At the bottom, if you wanna have it posted, it's supposed to be animewallpapers.com, not animeglobe.com =D

12-28-2003, 08:07 PM
damn you saw it, I noticed it and i had already poasted it, lol thanks for noticing.

12-29-2003, 06:42 AM
Like i said earlier. Originality is the most important thing. Cropping and adding text doesnt count as creating a wallpaper.

12-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Well I see many people calling screen caps, and crops with just text boxes add their wall papers. Where is the line draw between your work and just copying some one else's.