PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Is Back!!!!!!!

Midnight Outlaw
12-26-2003, 04:23 PM
Orphen wallpaper

Midnight Outlaw
12-26-2003, 04:29 PM
SDK

Midnight Outlaw
12-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Samurai Shodown game

Midnight Outlaw
12-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Yu Yu Hakusho

Midnight Outlaw
12-26-2003, 04:54 PM
oni game

demonplight
12-26-2003, 06:07 PM
your a newbie and how many of these have you made?

12-26-2003, 11:45 PM
I'll be frank with you. I'm not fond of the outer glow style. Rarely is there a practical need for it. As for your question, if I had to choose, I would say your Yuu Yuu Hakusho wallpaper is the better of the selections. It appeared to be the one that was given more time and thought. From what I saw of the others, the cut/extraction was choppy and rapidly done. Since you are new, I would suggest that you look at the wallpapers you like. Find out what it is you like about them, and try to achieve those aspects. I noticed you could use some help with your color choices, too.. :\ Check out some of the other wallpapers on this forum that are getting praise and look at how they have used color. Color is an important factor, and should be used to improve a wallpaper in any way it can. It is possible to over-do it, however, so be careful. Welcome to the forum, and I hope you have a good stay.

escaflownemoon
12-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Well all your wallpapers needs work. I like the Orphen wallpaper because it has the smooth water effect and i'm that kind of person who likes that kind of style rather than the mosaic but I do like really textured stuff and mosaic style but you really have to know how to work with it and make it into one as with the character and effect.
Yes i'm not too fond with the outer glow either and the Yu Yu Hakusho wall's lightning effect doesn't seem convincing to the eye and extraction/ cutout needs to be done more carefully and put more time on it. And pick a focus point (character more centered or right-centred) that will be dominating over the rest of the wall. :) And yes color or use monotone. Good quality pictures to start out with. Anyways pick the one you like most and improve it. :) good luck. You have a good start as a newbie.