PDA

View Full Version : Call me Hardcover

Hardcover
07-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Hey there, Hardover here, new member and all that jazz. I'm an anime manga fan from way back and a fanfic writer. I've been writing mostly hentai, but I've lately been confident enough of my ability to drag distaff elements together to begin giving regular story telling a try, and I'm looking for an appreciative community. I'll warn you though, I write long, most of my stuff clocking in at rather high page counts, but I'm hoping to be entertaining enough.

Anyways, I'm been into anime and manga for a long time. Allow me then, to take you back: Back before cell phones. Back before roller blades. Back before the internet. Back to a time when ten dollars could fill up your gas tank and Micheal Jackson was still black. I was wandering around my local comic shop some time in the late 80s (this was back when there still were local comic shops. Now I have to drive twenty minutes to get to a decent one), bored with the usual Marvel product and looking for something different. I looked off to my right and spotted a picture of two girls in skimpy outfits with huge eyes being menaced by a gun, and I was intrigued. What I had discovered was an issue of Adam Warren's second Dirty Pair comic, and I had discovered the manga style. The next thing I found was Ben Dunn's Ninja High School, and both of these inspired me to look for the real thing. Akira, Outlanders, and 3x3 Eyes were about the only stuff available back then, but I got hooked. I soon became a hopeless and proud card carrying otaku, back in the days when to see any anime we all had to crowd around a tenth generation dub of one episode of Mobile Suit Gundam in Japanese language only that I'd already seen before in an inferior version. But persistance and networking kept us in the loop.

Anyways, lemme wrap this up (I warned you, I wright long). Favorite anime that comes to mind: Last Exile, Akira, Tenchi Muyo, The Third, Cowboy Bebop, Gravion, Death Note, Urotsukidoji, 3x3 Eyes, Dirty Pair.

Current favorite manga: Pretty Face, Gatcha Gatcha: The Next Revolution, Dance In The Vampire Bund.

Anyways, I hope you'll all make me feel welcome.

October.
07-04-2009, 05:39 AM
hello there and welcome to AF...hope you like it here...
and that's really long...^^

Daken.
07-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Welcome to AF,
ever need a friend just PM me.

Li Xia
07-04-2009, 07:23 AM
hi and welcome mr. hardcover...af's so awesome surely you'll enjoy the stay...hope we'll be friends...see you around,take care and God bless...yay nice choice of avatar (i have a picture of that angel too)...:)

Yoko Littner
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Well hello Hard Cover, welcome to the anime forums x]

You made a wise decision joining this site and now all you need to do is follow the rules and stay active. I would love to get to know you more Hard Cover so if you ever need a friend private message me.

~ Best Wishes, -Raiken- ~

RJ169
07-04-2009, 07:57 PM
hi and welcome to AF, hope u enjoy it here

Elphaba
07-04-2009, 08:12 PM
welcome to the forums.
see you later.

kajikun16
07-04-2009, 09:46 PM
welcome to af have fun and feel free to pm me

Shia_san
07-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi hardcover and welcome to af! um...have fun and see you later

~*Red*~
07-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey there and welcome :3

Akihiko_88
07-06-2009, 12:22 PM
originally post by Hardcover
Call me Hardcover

hardcore. Now that we passed the stupid jokes welcome to the AF and that you have great time here

Sparda
07-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Hello and Welcome to AF!
Hope we can be friends!

Erisa
07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hiiiii
8D

parallelines
07-11-2009, 08:05 PM
What a long introduction. o__O. Anyways. Welcome to the forums. Read the rules and if you ever need a friend just PM me and i'm always ready to help, chat or anything!. Hope you enjoy your stay.

parallelines.

Sir_Vlaken
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Hello and wellcome :D

Midori Chi
07-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Hello there. >3. Have fun and Enjoy! :D

Tsundere Works
07-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Hey there, Hardover here, new member and all that jazz. I'm an anime manga fan from way back and a fanfic writer. I've been writing mostly hentai, but I've lately been confident enough of my ability to drag distaff elements together to begin giving regular story telling a try, and I'm looking for an appreciative community. I'll warn you though, I write long, most of my stuff clocking in at rather high page counts, but I'm hoping to be entertaining enough.

Anyways, I'm been into anime and manga for a long time. Allow me then, to take you back: Back before cell phones. Back before roller blades. Back before the internet. Back to a time when ten dollars could fill up your gas tank and Micheal Jackson was still black. I was wandering around my local comic shop some time in the late 80s (this was back when there still were local comic shops. Now I have to drive twenty minutes to get to a decent one), bored with the usual Marvel product and looking for something different. I looked off to my right and spotted a picture of two girls in skimpy outfits with huge eyes being menaced by a gun, and I was intrigued. What I had discovered was an issue of Adam Warren's second Dirty Pair comic, and I had discovered the manga style. The next thing I found was Ben Dunn's Ninja High School, and both of these inspired me to look for the real thing. Akira, Outlanders, and 3x3 Eyes were about the only stuff available back then, but I got hooked. I soon became a hopeless and proud card carrying otaku, back in the days when to see any anime we all had to crowd around a tenth generation dub of one episode of Mobile Suit Gundam in Japanese language only that I'd already seen before in an inferior version. But persistance and networking kept us in the loop.

Anyways, lemme wrap this up (I warned you, I wright long). Favorite anime that comes to mind: Last Exile, Akira, Tenchi Muyo, The Third, Cowboy Bebop, Gravion, Death Note, Urotsukidoji, 3x3 Eyes, Dirty Pair.

Current favorite manga: Pretty Face, Gatcha Gatcha: The Next Revolution, Dance In The Vampire Bund.

Anyways, I hope you'll all make me feel welcome.
Your name matches what you write ;]

Where can I read your works? PM me a link.

kahoko08
07-12-2009, 08:35 AM
hey!
welcome to AF
hope you'll enjoy your stay:)
feel free to pm me!
see ya around