PDA

View Full Version : End Of Evangelion Paper

RequiMem
12-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm kinda disappointed with this one, mostly cause I had trouble finding really good source images. For example, in this scene Asuka's right arm is supposed to be exposed, but all the good source material wasn't and I would have had much more trouble creating an arm out of nowhere.

So the background detail and the character detail is a bit inconsistient. Does anyone have any ideas or any higher resolution images I could use?

(Spoiler Warning - shows the end of the End of Evangelion Movie)
---
EDIT: since I left DeviantArt since posting this, here is the old version uploaded.

escaflownemoon
12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
I think it's a pretty good wall but I wouldn't put it up personally because of that head floating in the water. Overall I don't see anything her arm suppose to being exposed a bit more cause isn't there the contrast of light and dark? but anyway I think it's a nice wall, but yea like you said it could be in better quality. :) sorry that I didn't know where to find a higher resolution.

Miko
12-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Yeah, my real only complaint was already mentioned by you yourself... the source images have kind of low quality; I can see some pixelation and jaggedyness, which is never a good thing....

The concept itself is good though, and with some work, this could become a good wallpaper.

Candy-chan
12-23-2003, 07:31 PM
oooohhh bwaaa giving me the freaks
is that a sea of blood? i know evangelion is super popular but i never watched or read it so i am completely ignorant of that anime exept i see pict and walls of it everywhere
i think other than that the wall is pretty cool(reaaly freaky) Miko's right for the quality

MistressPookyChan
12-23-2003, 07:33 PM
oooh, too bad the scan isnt better! i like the layout. but wait, is that a whole image blown up or did you add parts to it?

RequiMem
12-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Other than the three characters and some of the textures, the entire image is original.

I think the sea is made of LCL, or they sometimes call it primordial soup. It's not blood.

rosa
12-23-2003, 11:48 PM
i think the faded look is ok
and i have not seen one show of Evangelion but this gives me a creepy feeling
now i wanna see it :D
over all pretty good job

RequiMem
12-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Actually I'm really glad this is creeping everyone out. That's kinda what I was going for since the series does get that way. I do have a poster I could scan to increase the quality, but it's at my apartment at school and I am home for the holidays at the moment.

RequiMem
01-15-2004, 04:53 PM
I did a little bit of work on this wallpaper off and on for the past two weeks. I did new scans for the characters and I redid the stars. I still have more to do, but i'm concentrating on other wallpapers now. Tell me what you think.

wizz-o-matic
01-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Seems a lot better!

The sky seems a bit empty to me, maybe try to add some clouds or a thinny mist.

Good wp!