PDA

View Full Version : Last Exile

12-23-2003, 01:42 AM
It has been a while since I made a wallpaper. I opted for the sepia tone as opposed to just plain greyscale; I felt it gave it a better feeling. The quality is low so it loads faster. I know some people still struggle with dial-up.

Comments are welcome.

MistressPookyChan
12-23-2003, 01:56 AM
nice to see ya around here again, hun. ^-^

your work has really matured since your original works. The colors are beautiful and the usage of text is the best I've seen in a long time. keep up the wonderful work and hope to see you around here a lot more (and if not, i'll just stalk you :P )

Miko
12-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Really good wall for a really good anime; it's really simple, which I normally dislike, but it's done tastefully, and not lazily, so it still looks good.

Have you tried tinting it blue? That might look good too. :lol:

ownerizer
12-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 04:14 PM
Really good wall for a really good anime; it's really simple, which I normally dislike, but it's done tastefully, and not lazily, so it still looks good.

Have you tried tinting it blue? That might look good too. :lol:
Tinting it blue would be considered trendy. You're an epitome of trendy.

Miko
12-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh, I wasn't aware that colors were trendy. :(

ownerizer
12-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 07:13 PM
Oh, I wasn't aware that colors were trendy. :(
Think about it. Blue is now in everything, computer lights, everybody's wallpaper and glowing under the bottom of everybody's ricer. You want to be good and stand out, you'd better break away from the crowd.

Miko
12-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Alright, how does cerulean sound? Azul?
It's just that with Last Exile taking place in the sky, it would be more fitting than sepia.

12-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Miko, I chose the picture of the clouds to signify that it's an anime that deals with the skies. Changing the image to be blue wouldn't do much for it. Being blue would change the feeling I was going for. As a neutral brown, it has a softer feeling; and old feeling. The anime is set in a somewhat industrial-tech era. There's not much saturation in the colors, and there are a lot of browns and greys. Thank you for the suggestion, but I just don't think it will look as good. I also considered releasing the wallpaper in full color form in addition to the monochromatic state that it's in now. If I get around to completing it, I might put it up here. I am just really lazy nowadays.

Another little note: Blue denotes water. The sky is only blue because the oceans are blue.

Miko
12-23-2003, 06:59 PM
I see... I didn't connect with the whole industrial thing, and now I see where you're going with it.

Candy-StarR
12-24-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 08:35 PM
Another little note: Blue denotes water. The sky is only blue because the oceans are blue.
Oceans are not blue! Water is clear *CLEAR*
Therefore the sky is not blue because the ocean is NOT blue

wizz-o-matic
12-24-2003, 04:38 PM
Actualy I don't like monotone wp, but this one is preaty good. I like it.

Good job!

rosa
12-24-2003, 05:13 PM
i think the color matches with the mood of the character sa well
so dont change it :^_^: its good

12-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Candy-[email protected] 24 2003, 02:55 AM
Oceans are not blue&#33; <font color=red>Water is clear *CLEAR*</font>
I do not plan to start a debate with this, but to end one. Yes, you are correct, Water is clear; In small quantities. It is a scientific fact that water has a hint of blue in it. I&#39;m not sure what magical island you live on where the surrounding ocean is perfectly clear, allowing you to see the bottom with little effort, but to my knowledge water is not 100% clear. If you don&#39;t believe me, research it. That is all I am going to say about this. I don&#39;t want to spawn any further arguments. Now you know the truth, and lets leave it at that.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Candy-StarR
12-25-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by default+Dec 24 2003, 06:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (default @ Dec 24 2003, 06:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Candy&#045;[email protected] 24 2003, 02:55 AM
Oceans are not blue&#33; <font color=red>Water is clear *CLEAR*</font>
I do not plan to start a debate with this, but to end one. Yes, you are correct, Water is clear; In small quantities. It is a scientific fact that water has a hint of blue in it. I&#39;m not sure what magical island you live on where the surrounding ocean is perfectly clear, allowing you to see the bottom with little effort, but to my knowledge water is not 100% clear. If you don&#39;t believe me, research it. That is all I am going to say about this. I don&#39;t want to spawn any further arguments. Now you know the truth, and lets leave it at that. [/b][/quote]
I have my poniters except i don&#39;t want to argue and spam... and bla bla bla
But anyway... nice wallpaper -- and I say keep it brown
:^_^: