PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wallpaper - Snow Fairy Sugar

MistressPookyChan
12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
As many know, i hardly use brushes. because of this, i would like a little cretiquing on my brush usage. ^-^;;;

ownerizer
12-22-2003, 08:39 PM
AHHH!! THE CUTENESS!!! IT BURNS!!!! Just kidding, Pookers. I think it's pretty good. Pretty good color balance, and overall balance in the wallpaper. The outline is a little jaggy, and I think I have a solution of that, put it on another layer, and blur it just a tad, this way, you can also turn it off it you want to. I'd also get rid of the grid, it seems unneeded.

asher_aj_wei
12-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey~ finally a wall from you~ Been a while haha~ it's nice but the main pic is a lil' grainy. Regarding the brush use, doesn't seem too bad to me. ownerizer's right - the grid is not necessary
ownerizer: i like waht you did with your sig =D

MistressPookyChan
12-22-2003, 11:36 PM
without the grid it looks WAY boring. besides, boxes are kind of my trademark, so i'm keeping them in. I'll look into the outline issue and the grainy color issue. but my main concern is the brush use; they look ok?

Miko
12-23-2003, 04:31 PM
My solution for the grid is....

-dim it in some places, and in others, put the snow flakes on a layer above them; that way it looks like the grid is in the middle of things, and it will give a cool look to the snowflakes, which will be half in the foreground, and half in the background...

...this is just a guess, it might look bad, but it would give it more variety, lessen the all out effect of the grid (which doesn't fit the scene; grids are more tech-like, which doesn't mix with cuteness very well), but make the wall not boring as well.