PDA

View Full Version : How to best watch Eva

Junior
06-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I've just watched the first 5 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion (via Netflix DVD) and enjoyed it.

I was wondering if I should continue watching the original series, or just watch the Rebuild films.

CapnJack
06-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Nah, stay with the original series. You cant go wrong. The endings going to be a little confusing, so after that watch the End of Evangelion movie. Much better.

MangaFanGuy
06-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Watch both but I would go for the original version first before the movies.
The movies are slightly edited from the original and so some of the feel may be different.
I'm not sure about the second movie though but I can tell you the first movie does have a different feel from the T.V episodes

Lordwindowlicker
06-27-2009, 04:13 AM
Nah, stay with the original series. You cant go wrong. The endings going to be a little confusing, so after that watch the End of Evangelion movie. Much better.

I really could never understand why people found the TV ending to be confusing...

CapnJack
06-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I really could never understand why people found the TV ending to be confusing...
To me, it was out of context with the rest of the series. Every episode was a giant, city wide battle with an angel. But the last episode looked like some kind of psychedelic intervention to help Shinji discover himself. It seemed out of place and not what I was expecting.

Akito0o
06-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Being A HUGE Eva Fan maybe one of the biggest on here. (hehe) Watch the whole series first. You will appreciate it more if you do, The second Half of the series is when it starts to get deeper, I have no problam with the rebuild i thought it looked amazing and the rewrite was very well done. But in order for it to feel complete watch the full series.

Akito0o
06-30-2009, 03:21 AM
Every episode was a giant, city wide battle with an angel.

lol There wasn't a city wide battle every episode, there are only 15 Angels (16 if you count lilim in the end of evangelion which is said by Misato to be man kind itself.) And some of those angels are not fought in a city battle.

CapnJack
07-01-2009, 04:32 AM
My bad. But you sorta meant get what I was getting at I hope.

Dark-Sasuke
07-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Original series, definately, the series is like holy ground, you dont edit perfection

Junior
07-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Being A HUGE Eva Fan maybe one of the biggest on here. (hehe) Watch the whole series first. You will appreciate it more if you do, The second Half of the series is when it starts to get deeper, I have no problam with the rebuild i thought it looked amazing and the rewrite was very well done. But in order for it to feel complete watch the full series.

Thanks, my main interest in the series was how deep it was supposed to be, so now I know where to look forward too.

BDNguyen
07-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Watch all of the episode except for the last 2, then watch End of Evangelion