PDA

View Full Version : Good bye AF

Eris
06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm leaving AF (http://www.animeforum.com/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=50284). Have a nice life.

Diocletian
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
In one week Eris will pop out and shout "YOU GOT ERIS'D after we all mourn.

If you are really leaving Eris, at least leave us with your gender. Is your long trip going to end with a Sopranos cliffhanger?

Eris
06-25-2009, 09:31 PM
If you are really leaving Eris, at least leave us with your gender. Is your long trip going to end with a Sopranos cliffhanger?

My gender is T<PlH.NO CARRIER

Diocletian
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
My gender is T<PlH.NO CARRIER

Oh, now it makes sense. Thank you, and have an epic time until you return. I'll wait a few days until I change my name into New Chaos out of respect.

Work on those push-ups, Blue Waters.

kajikun16
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
well goodbye and take care of yourself

Srk
06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
OMG, the trickster is leaving. Have a nice life serving out more than three full meals of your opinions at the local forum.

Gjallarhorn
06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
In one week Eris will pop out and shout "YOU GOT ERIS'D after we all mourn.

rnT7nYbCSvM

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
06-25-2009, 09:47 PM
But, where will our amazing rap music go?

This sucks, Eris. You're such a bastard. I do hope you come back one day and surprise us all. I might be getting overly sentimental, but I truly believe that you were an important member here. One of the oldest I know too. I want you to come back.

This sucks.

Diocletian
06-25-2009, 09:49 PM
But, where will our amazing rap music go?

This sucks, Eris. You're such a bastard. I do hope you come back one day and surprise us all. I might be getting overly sentimental, but I truly believe that you were an important member here. One of the oldest I know too. I want you to come back.

This sucks.

He does make sense though. Every thread is
A) A spinoff
B) A thread of what people hate. Everyone hates anything mainstream.
C) List your favorites
D) An occasional good thread.

Then we have members that post something as basic in every thread and take up space. i.e. this kajikun16 guy. He couldn't say something more meaningful?

Seor Nobody
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm leaving AF (http://www.animeforum.com/blogs/viewblog.php?entry=50284). Have a nice life.

Are you serious? Who else will show us obscure references and scare us with their intellect? I sincerely hope you are joking cause if you are not...this saddens me.

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
A) A spinoff
C) List your favorites
D) An occasional good thread.

Then we have members that post something as basic in every thread and take up space. i.e. this kajikun16 guy. He couldn't say something more meaningful?

Well, yes, that's of course true, but that's why I liked having Eris here. Her/His posts always made the seriously mundane thread just a little bit better, without being arrogant or mean. But I can understand, I really can.

Eris
06-25-2009, 09:55 PM
A) A spinoff
C) List your favorites

And god help you if you try to start a thread that doesn't conform to that list. Misc has gone sour. Most really entertaining threads that would have gone on (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=67096) for 8 pages (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=78842) a year ago are summarily deleted today. In fact, almost everything I post in misc today just vanishes.

I can't go on making post after post hoping and wishing that maybe, just maybe this post won't vanish.

Li Xia
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
okies...bye and always tc, God bless...:(~lhize

Ωmega
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
And god help you if you try to start a thread that doesn't conform to that list. Misc has gone sour. Most really entertaining threads that would have gone on (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=67096) for 8 pages (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=78842) a year ago are summarily deleted today. In fact, almost everything I post in misc today just vanishes.

I can't go on making post after post hoping and wishing that maybe, just maybe this post won't vanish.
Uh-huh, and how has Misc gone sour?

As for your posts, I have yet to delete a single post from you today. In fact, Ive hardly been on today.

The threads that have popped up recently are nothing like the ones you linked to. The ones that have come up are one-word post threads or turn into flame wars.

Archaic Devices
06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
You'll be back, so I'm not saying goodbye -_-

aishiteru333
06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Eris will return... Just like Jesus.
Depending on what you believe in will give you your answer.
In fact, I am very positive that Eris will return. :)

Yoko Littner
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Hmm, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt x] Maybe he is leaving, maybe not. I guess we'll have to see. Goodbye Eris, or maybe not.

Shinn Kamiyra
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM

Well I have to say that this was a rather displeasing means by which to end my otherwise pleasant day.

If you are truly intent upon leaving, my trickster-ish acquaintance, I can only say that it is a shame lose any future chance to converse with your considerable intellect and insight. I'll be certain to remember to toast a glass to your bright future the next time I have a chance.

Eris
06-25-2009, 10:18 PM
As for your posts, I have yet to delete a single post from you today. In fact, Ive hardly been on today.

Someone has deleted them. I estimate I've made around 20 posts today (excluding those in this thread), and strangely, only about 10 are still around. More or less the same story the entire month. Don't know who's behind it, since like the mighty ninja, they leave no trails.

I don't blame you. AF has gotten incredibly meh as of late in general. There is no discussion to talk about. No interesting threads. A bunch of interesting people, but they don't seem to post a whole lot. All my vanishing posts was just the final straw.

You'll be back, so I'm not saying goodbye -_-

Maybe I will, maybe I won't (last time I tried to leave didn't stick, anyway). I'll be around a bit a day or so more to clean things up, but after that, I'll be gone at least a couple of months.

sa5m
06-25-2009, 10:35 PM
But... your posts seriously make my day.
If you leave, I leave too.

Nah, just kidding.

But really, you're one of the most intelligent people I know.

Eris will return... Just like Jesus.

And King Arthur.

Memento Mori
06-25-2009, 10:40 PM
This is shocking.

But not exactly surprising.

I'll say farewell but have a feeling that you will return.

Eris
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
This will ultimately be good for AF. Sure, good-byes hurt, and it'll probably feel empty as hell in misc without me, but my relationship with AF has turned into something like an old married couple. AF's been with me for almost half my life, and I think both I take AF for granted, and AF takes me for granted way too much. Some time away from each other will do both of us good.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
06-25-2009, 11:04 PM
I haven't known you long, but I am sadden to see you leave in such dishearten state.

Misc will not be as lively without your thought-provoking and sometimes drunken threads.

Well, I bid you adieu.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Can I have your fake money, bro?

Hit me up on AIM sometime, not that you are ever on. I'll be sad you're leaving, who else am I going to play off of? Sanosuke23 is alright, but the only other reliable person is the Asterisk and he shows up every other leap year.

Sparda
06-26-2009, 12:46 AM
You probably dont know who i am but your posts in misc made my, day you will be sorely missed..:(
and i hope these guys are right in saying you will return someday

Artcell
06-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Aww!!...I was thinking of becoming friends with you so I was deciding to pm you ealier today..but your leaving TT.TT

IFS
06-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Good luck with your future, I hope things work out for you take care, lol I keep thinking you say good bye and then going into invisible mode and lurk around the forum, anyways have a good life and maybe well see you around again

Buruku
06-26-2009, 12:03 PM
-___- the owls are taking Eris away to Michael Jesus now, you will be missed, my love.

Chariza
06-26-2009, 12:10 PM
i'm not quite fond with you,
but i have seen some of your posts around here.
well any way, hope you'll return soon and as everyone
has said. you'll be missed by many. farewell !

LiLi.
06-26-2009, 12:13 PM
(:
Have fun whatever you're planning to do in the future

Miss Electric Moonlight
06-26-2009, 12:14 PM
This really saddens me, i've always enjoyed your posts and threads. Af won't be the same.

SigmaSD
06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Everyone should just relax. We'll find a bigger and better Eris. One that has the same intellect while at the same time employing witty remarks. And hopefully this time it's a robot or something. :p

But in all seriousness this saddens me. You were quite the foe when it came to intellectual concepts and it's not going to be the same. I don't disagree with your reasons though. It's also why I don't post as much as I used to. Sure I hit the poetry and misc section once in a while, but it just doesn't captivate me as much as it used to. Anyway, goodbye Eris and may your plot come to fruition.

LittleMomo
06-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Even though I do not contact you, I still would like to say goodbye since you are an important person. People will always remember you here, I believe they will. ^^

Elphaba
06-26-2009, 05:56 PM
even though we never spoke one on one i thought you were the greatest person ever around here. your posts always made me laugh even on a bad day
any way i hope you come back eventually
good luck with your future either way
<3 Chibi Paleokitten

MoroDashi
06-26-2009, 11:36 PM
You suck I hate you ;__;
(pleasecomebaack..)

Ayame_Sohma
06-27-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. I do hope that you will come back to AF.

We lost one of greatest member on anime forum.

~*Red*~
06-27-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're leaving Eris - I hope to see you on here again in the future, hopefully.

Ollie
06-28-2009, 03:27 AM
TBH all I see is wah wah QQ /sob

It was good times when you didn't care. Come back when your fun side is alive again, Eris-poo.

ShinNatsume
06-28-2009, 04:18 AM
before you go can you rep me up i need green XD
and take care out there XD haha

TheAsterisk!
06-28-2009, 03:20 PM
This will ultimately be good for AF. Sure, good-byes hurt, and it'll probably feel empty as hell in misc without me, but my relationship with AF has turned into something like an old married couple. AF's been with me for almost half my life, and I think both I take AF for granted, and AF takes me for granted way too much. Some time away from each other will do both of us good.
But old married couples bickering is timeless comedy! No!!!

Hit me up on AIM sometime, not that you are ever on. I'll be sad you're leaving, who else am I going to play off of? Sanosuke23 is alright, but the only other reliable person is the Asterisk and he shows up every other leap year.
That's because I blitzkrieg the forums. I remain absent for a time then post like mad for a few weeks then disappear again.

Eris, if you really feel as you say about AF's content, you might want to try my tactics of manic-depressive, absent--in-your-face posting patterns. It usually keeps things fresher in my eyes, and inspiration for wierdness strikes me more often like that. It's worth a try, maybe.
You could probably pull off Internet Bliztkrieging pretty well, too.

luz~
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Bye best wishes

Barcode.
06-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Good luck Eris and we'll be looking forward to your return.

Archaic Devices
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
lol she's not gone. She was gone for like, 5 hours, broke, and she nows comes onto chat. Major failure -_-

Eris
06-28-2009, 05:56 PM
lol she's not gone. She was gone for like, 5 hours, broke, and she nows comes onto chat. Major failure -_-

Well, I did what I set out to do. I left largely because AF was stagnant and boring, but in doing so, I caused enough of a ruckus to jump start it again. That being said, I still won't post outside of this thread for a few weeks because of my AF addiction problem.

My following had an unrealistic cult of personality view of me anyways, so my failure to leave will do them some good too.