PDA

View Full Version : DJ Hero

Diocletian
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Dj Hero (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS235US236&q=dj+hero&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10) is real. Not only that it ruined one of my part-time hobbies. When I heard about this I broke out crying. First people thought that they could be in a rock band, now being a DJ? Activision likes making fun of peoples enjoyment. What's next Cello Hero? Construction Hero?

Tell me AF, am I overreacting because they destroyed my hobby or is it a good thing? If so what are your thoughts.

On a sidenote: I can imagine people thinking they can DJ after this....I can smell it.

Storm Strife
06-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Can you explain how it's ruined your hobby?

Bulf
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I hate when people do this...just because they make a game about something, doesn't change that thing at all. Take GH for instance. After they made it, people were all "Go learn how to play a real guitar", and "This game ruins guitars, and bands". How does it? It's not bothering them in anyway, and it's just for enjoyment. Same with almost any rhythm game, besides DDR. I'm actually surprised people don't tell others to "Go learn how to dance irl" Just because they play it, but that's another argument.So, how does DJ Hero change anything about DJing? I mean, unless it's gonna send some weird brainwashing waves to people who DJ irl, and make them set themselves on fire, there's nothing that changes. If anything, it might make people want to learn how to DJ irl, so how is it destroying your hobby? Or am I missing something here?

On another note, i'm really happy DJ Hero is coming out. It looked like a lot of fun at E3, and I hope it turns out to be.

Diocletian
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Can you explain how it's ruined your hobby?

I'm a pretty good DJ. Like Guitar Hero, people will be doing scratching sounds and imitating. I'm aware it hasn't happened yet, but that's what I thought about Rock Band.

I'll admit I'm not that great, but still.

Storm Strife
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
...people will be doing scratching sounds and imitating...

So basically, just with GH and RB, jack squat has changed. People have been making scratching sounds and imitating before they came out with this. I was one of them when I was younger and wanted a deck for the "cool" factor.

When conclusive proof that DJ Hero ruins being a DJ comes out, then you can say it.

Diocletian
06-13-2009, 10:44 PM
So basically, just with GH and RB, jack squat has changed. People have been making scratching sounds and imitating before they came out with this. I was one of them when I was younger and wanted a deck for the "cool" factor.

When conclusive proof that DJ Hero ruins being a DJ comes out, then you can say it.

I suppose. This thread was all a ploy to move into ranting about GH and RB. This is just me, but I am one of those people that complained about people thinking they could be in a rock band, simply because of RB. I admit, it has its fun points however it's quite the overrated game.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I just found out this game has a Nirvana song on it Kurt Cobain must be spinning in his grave.

Bulf
06-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I suppose. This thread was all a ploy to move into ranting about GH and RB. This is just me, but I am one of those people that complained about people thinking they could be in a rock band, simply because of RB. I admit, it has its fun points however it's quite the overrated game.

That's where you're wrong. People don't think they're in a rock band, just because they play Rockband. If they do, they're probably really young, and shouldn't count.

Kaitou+
06-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I think it's just a way to make money....those companies.

Really...DJ Hero? Pssft

rf switch
06-14-2009, 04:18 AM
I think it's just a way to make money....those companies.
Isn't that the point of being a business?

Kaitou+
06-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Isn't that the point of being a business?

Yes, I know that.

Geez, but really? DJ Hero...:laugh:

EDIT: I am not being direct but I hate the fact they make garbage games and sell well just because they have a popular franchise as a name. It doesn't affect me though.

rf switch
06-14-2009, 03:32 PM
How do you know it's a garbage game? Do you suck at rhythm and music games?

It's a part of the music genre that has been missing. Something Konami should have cashed in on a while ago since they pretty much had everything to do it a few years ago.

But like with Rock Revolution they make bad decisions.

Bulf
06-14-2009, 04:03 PM
I think everyone should leave the hate at home, and just wait until it comes out to rant on about it. Talking about a game that hasn't been released yet isn't gonna do much. And most of the people who say they won't get it, or that it's stupid, will end up getting it anyway. I know I will :

EDIT: A violin, or cello Hero would be fun too.

Rubedo, the Crystal Blood
07-08-2009, 12:37 AM

It's a part of the music genre that has been missing. Something Konami should have cashed in on a while ago since they pretty much had everything to do it a few years ago.

What are you talking about? Konami GAVE Activision the rights to DJ Rhythm gaming. They've had Beatmania out for years. Konami is whoring everything out. I mean, come on, Beatmania IIDX and GFDM V5 have been out for ages, and Korea's got their DJ Max going on too.

A lot of people are REALLY misinformed. The only reason Konami is letting Activision and EA get away with all of this is because they didn't advertise enough for their Guitar Freaks and Drummania Series, while Beatmania came to the United States at a time when people just weren't interested.

The proof that Konami, EA, and Activision are working together is the cabinet design. EA and Activision are similar enough in game structure that I don't even need to point out they're the same game.

As for the cabinet design comment, if anybody knows about GHWT Arcade, you've probably seen those crappy cab designs.

Anybody who has played DDR X AND GHWT AC will know that those two cabinets are the same. Guess who did the cab designs for Konami? Betson, who also used to have a deal with 7 Studios, the makers of the infamous "Scratch: The Ultimate DJ".

I have no idea why Konami released Rock Revolution, but seeing as it premiered at 20 dollars a pop, I'm sure Konami wasn't expecting too much out of it. Being a biased Konami fanboy I bought it before DDR X came out, the pieces of s***...

DJ Hero WILL be a garbage game compaired to the Beatmania line and DJ Max line. It's going to be a watered down imitation meant to be easy for the musically impaired. Just like Guitar Hero vs. Guitar Freaks, Konami wins. I mean, c'mon, "Dance Hero?" How do you think Activision got away with that title? Konami is letting them. It's faked competition. Konami wins no matter what product you buy. Every since they sued the hell out of Roxor and shut ITG down for good, they've been getting complacement.

The evidence is in DDR X's AC cabinet design. The dam things only have a single sensor per pad, and because Betson didn't want to go with a plasma screen there are HD visual calibration issues. A Betson mechanic even commented that he'd never actually seen anyone play at a high level. GHWT AC suffers the same problems.

Don't get me wrong, I think Rock Band actually has some backbone. EA actually decided to get serious about what they were doing, although they SUCK at organizing their development staff.

I'm not flaming anybody here, so sorry if you feel targeted rf switch. I'm just shocked that nobody has mentioned Beatmania in this whole thread...

Kaitou+
07-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Just to let you know, I enjoy Rock Band and Guitar Hero. You can't just make assumptions like that just because I dislike this kind of game. DJ Hero looks dumb to me.

But I will be honest, I suck at RB/GH but I still enjoy it and If I hate it, I wouldn't hate it because "I suck at it".