PDA

View Full Version : Zero Punctuation

Sparda
06-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Any one else watch this hilarious game reviewer, i swear he makes me crack up so much i feel sick...

feel free to comment

GO Yahtzee!!!!:D

Scarred DNA
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
No idea who he is, so I watched his Halo 3 and Fable reviews.

Meh. I didn't laugh once. He's witty enough I suppose, but his execution completely turns me off.

suzumi
06-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm not a gamer, but I LOVE Zero Punctuation!! The little imp is so cute. <333

Sparda
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
No idea who he is, so I watched his Halo 3 and Fable reviews.

Meh. I didn't laugh once. He's witty enough I suppose, but his execution completely turns me off.

He gets better in his later reviews and i admit some of his earlier reviews arnt that funny but i guess he cant be enjoyed by all, i understand your opinion

I'm not a gamer, but I LOVE Zero Punctuation!! The little imp is so cute. <333

YAY :):):):):)

Light Buster
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Heard about this reviewer over X-Play. He got some comedy into his reviews which is great.

Vintniv
06-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I like the fact that he doenst waste time agreeing with the main things that other Game Reviews go for. He always has to find those little problems that overall cripple the game, and a lot of the time he is essentially right.

Doctor One
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I do find him funny, his site on the escapist is in my bookmarks. I just wish he didn't review bad games that are really obscure.
It's like, GEE a game with almost no production value and no hype for it wasn't very good. I WONDER WHY.

The Governator
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
He is funny, but I don't see him or worship him like a god, he has some good views on games, but he is a entertainer at the end of the day like James Rolfe (AVGN) and should not be taken seriously.

I do find him funny, his site on the escapist is in my bookmarks. I just wish he didn't review bad games that are really obscure.
It's like, GEE a game with almost no production value and no hype for it wasn't very good. I WONDER WHY.

So Halo 3, H.A.W.X., GTA IV, F.E.A.R. 2, GoW 2, Fable 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 3, Soul Calibur 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Army of Two, Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4, The World Ends With You, Assassins Creed, Mass effect, Super Mario Galaxy, Crysis and Halo Wars are obscure and had no hype? Wow, I must live under a rock

Khanxay
06-14-2009, 01:43 PM
He talks too fast. I've got to watch a review like 3 times to finally catch up.

Akito0o
06-14-2009, 03:05 PM
I love him, My favorite game reviewer. I think what he says usually makes sense and i obviously don't agree with every thing he says but i always understand his points, and even tho making me laugh isn't the priority of game reviewing for me he dose it well.

Lordwindowlicker
06-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I adore him. Intelligent, well spoken, witty, right (even when he's wrong), and he's hilarious.

Doctor One
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
So Halo 3, H.A.W.X., GTA IV, F.E.A.R. 2, GoW 2, Fable 2, Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero 3, Soul Calibur 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Army of Two, Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4, The World Ends With You, Assassins Creed, Mass effect, Super Mario Galaxy, Crysis and Halo Wars are obscure and had no hype? Wow, I must live under a rock

Those are so obviously not the games I'm talking about. Siren blood curse, bionic commando and 50 Cent- blood on the sand are games I've never heard anyone else talk about.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
I never heard of this guy before I just looked up some videos on youtube and I think this guys reviews are terrible he spends the whole time criticizing the game just to be funny when he really isnt.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I never heard of this guy before I just looked up some videos on youtube and I think this guys reviews are terrible he spends the whole time criticizing the game just to be funny when he really isnt.

He only has two reviews on youtube, The Darkness demo.. and Fable. www.escapistmagazine.com (http://www.escapistmagazine.com) Check out his review of Halo 3, and The Orange Box. VERY funny stuff.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
He only has two reviews on youtube, The Darkness demo.. and Fable. www.escapistmagazine.com (http://www.escapistmagazine.com) Check out his review of Halo 3, and The Orange Box. VERY funny stuff.

I heard the one about Halo on youtube I really didnt think he had a single valid point and was'nt funny, he just reminds me of my friend who just has a rant about a game just because he can't play.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
I heard the one about Halo on youtube I really didnt think he had a single valid point and was'nt funny, he just reminds me of my friend who just has a rant about a game just because he can't play.

The reason I mention that is because there are plenty of ZP fakes on YouTube. YouTube is blocked at my work, so I can't look at any of those videos.. but last I checked, none of his other videos were posted on youtube. Check The Escapist, and tell me if it's the same guy.. I'm curious.

Dryaxx
06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation I'll just leave this here.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah it was the same whiny idiot, this time it was the infamous review I really don't think this guy understands games at all.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:12 PM
To each his own. :) I think his points are usually extremely valid, and hilarious.

Akito0o
06-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah it was the same whiny idiot, this time it was the infamous review I really don't think this guy understands games at all.

Well i guess being a writer and game developer him self, wouldn't mean he understands games. He dose not make his comments just to be funny his job is to point out the bad things about games, games that people worship and knock them down a peg. A lot of people just get mad because he down talks a game that they love. If you watch his stuff and you would realize he actually liked Infamous, but what he did was point out the things that he didn't like.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
The Gears of war 2 revew is a perfect example of why this guy is stupid he talks about how the game is inconsistant and he doesnt know where its going but then I wonder is this guy trying to review a game or just make fun of it?

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
The Gears of war 2 revew is a perfect example of why this guy is stupid he talks about how the game is inconsistant and he doesnt know where its going but then I wonder is this guy trying to review a game or just make fun of it?

He had some complaints, but ultimately said that Gears 2 was a great game.. So you disagree, right? That doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.. just that you have differing opinions.

What was wrong with the Infamous review?

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:27 PM
What was wrong with the Infamous review?

The way he totally contradicts himself at the end by saying the games good after he just spent the best part of 5 minites puting the game down with bad insults.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
The way he totally contradicts himself at the end by saying the games good after he just spent the best part of 5 minites puting the game down with bad insults.

That's not a contradiction. I can find many flaws in games that I adore... can't you? He like to pick things apart, and I applaude him for it. Again, to each his own.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Well i guess being a writer and game developer

He's not a game devolper.....

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
He's not a game devolper.....

http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/games.htm

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:41 PM
http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/games.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Croshaw

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm aware of who he is. He's developed games, and therefore I'd classify him as a "game developer".

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Have a closer look at his occupation.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 10:49 PM
He doesn't have to do it professionally to be a game developer. I call myself a home chef, even though that's not what I do for a living. A home chef is still a chef, and a bedroom game developer is still a game developer. (shrug)

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Game developer is a profesion, id love to see a real game developer review one of his "games" see how they compare.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
It can also be a hobby. One who develops games, is a game developer.. right?

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
It can also be a hobby. One who develops games, is a game developer.. right?

That depends on how loosely you use the term game developer if you use it as loosly as he uses the word "review" then I can see why you think that, but to me hes just a wanna be who can't make anything good so he makes fun of other games in his "reviews" which by the way is also used extreamly loosely.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 11:19 PM
No matter how you feel about his games, he's still made a few. So I would classify him as a "game developer" in that sense. If you disagree, that's fine. No hard feelings. I just think he's very well read, and side splitting-ly funny.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Lets just leave it at that then.

Lordwindowlicker
06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Sounds good to me. No hard feelings, eh?

Sparda
06-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Wow... the thread became a battleground for a second lol, but all settled now

Lordwindowlicker
06-16-2009, 02:00 AM
^^ It was a civil discussion, not a "battle".

Storm Strife
06-16-2009, 03:51 AM

He does that because (a) he's paid to complain about games, and (b) after his Psychonaughts review, people complained that he wasn't complaining about the bad parts of games enough (probably because he spent around a minute or two on the bad points, and the rest of the 5 minutes praising it). People don't watch the videos to see a fair review, they watch them to see a game get bashed.

I also didn't really see him put inFamous down, instead I saw him bring up a number of logical issues he had with an otherwise good game, and pointed out things that make no damn sense (healing lightning!). If anything, the republican joke was the worst, and most unneeded part.

So I would classify him as a "game developer" in that sense.

Game developer is a profesion, id love to see a real game developer review one of his "games" see how they compare.

Technically, he would be classed as a "bedroom programmer".

Sparda
06-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuzaki HD

He does that because (a) he's paid to complain about games, and (b) after his Psychonaughts review, people complained that he wasn't complaining about the bad parts of games enough (probably because he spent around a minute or two on the bad points, and the rest of the 5 minutes praising it). People don't watch the videos to see a fair review, they watch them to see a game get bashed.

I also didn't really see him put inFamous down, instead I saw him bring up a number of logical issues he had with an otherwise good game, and pointed out things that make no damn sense (healing lightning!). If anything, the republican joke was the worst, and most unneeded part.

Quote:
So I would classify him as a "game developer" in that sense.

Quote:

Well said

Lordwindowlicker
06-16-2009, 04:11 AM

I agree, and I disagree. A bedroom programmer is still a game developer... if he develops games. That's how you define "game developer". Simple, no? You can further specify if you want, but an amateaur game develoeper is STILL a game developer.

The Governator
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Those are so obviously not the games I'm talking about. Siren blood curse, bionic commando and 50 Cent- blood on the sand are games I've never heard anyone else talk about.

Sooooo, you're whining he reviews "bad" obscure games? Why can't so-called bad, obscure games get some lime-light and prove themselves? Who are you to tell him how to do his job? Personally, in my opinion he has only reviewed a few good games, HL2: EP2, Bioshock, Far Cry 2 and Painkiller. All the other games are either bad or just meh.

Storm Strife
06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Personally, in my opinion he has only reviewed a few good games, HL2: EP2, Bioshock, Far Cry 2 and Painkiller. All the other games are either bad or just meh.

Your lack of Psychonauts disturbs me.