PDA

View Full Version : Will Gamecube die out?

Archaic Devices
06-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok I'm almost positive that more people have a wii than a gamecube. And with the release of the wii, they've pretty much stopped making gamecube games. So do you think that the gamecube will be like the x-box and just die out? With the new Xbox 360 no one really remembers the Xbox. Will it be the same way with the gamecube and wii? Will the gamecube's fate be like that of the xbox's?

SigmaSD
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
I think it might be worse. It didn't have that many good games, and there is nothing special about it. But the price has gotten really cheap, so maybe people that couldn't or can't afford video games will go out and get it.

PS: The remotes were awful and you constantly had to buy new ones. I went through 20 different controls.

Gjallarhorn
06-08-2009, 10:22 PM
The Gamecube won't die out. Afterall, they added some "motion control" and called it The Wii.

More seriously, the Gamecube has been dead for a long time, and I think it's fairly safe to say that it "lost" the last generation...or at least to the extent one can contest a console's ability to "lose".

But this is how it happens. The older generation is replaced with the newer generation. It older generation will still be there during the current generation, but it will slowly fade out.

Storm Strife
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Of course. And eventually the Xbox 360 will die out when the next Xbox is released, as will the PS3. That's what happens, eventually developers stop developing for older consoles because it's unlikely they will sell as well.

SigmaSD
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
The Gamecube won't die out. Afterall, they added some "motion control" and called it The Wii.

More seriously, the Gamecube has been dead for a long time, and I think it's fairly safe to say that it "lost" the last generation...or at least to the extent one can contest a console's ability to "lose".

But this is how it happens. The older generation is replaced with the newer generation. It older generation will still be there during the current generation, but it will slowly fade out.

Wow, that is completely right. I agree with this 100%. Though even if the console itself dies out, the games might not since they'll still be playable in the new console.

*~Anime Angel~*
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
i remember like 4 years ago i would of killed to have a gamecube...but now im selling mine ;-; mainly cause they dont even make gamecube games anymore..and sence wii can take gamecube their is really no reason to have one. Its pretty sad though...i mean its just so cute looking <3

LunaOverdrive
06-09-2009, 12:36 AM
The PS2 is still going strong with more than 100 titles set to release in North America this year.

That tells you something. What, I don't know.

Dark Wolf 09
06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Well, as Xero said, new generation will come out, and replace the old generation, but what I say.

If we tie in the new generation and old generation, with a bit of a futuristic look, then bam we got ourselves a WiiStation360. End of story.

Sparda
06-09-2009, 01:25 AM
whats a gamecube?

lol only joking yer anyway i thought it died out a long time ago...

Atsui Sake
06-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Gamecube is already dead. There were a few games I liked (FFCC, Tales of Symphonia, and Smash Bros. really). There weren't many games that I would other wise have played. I have Twilight Princess as well, but that also came out for the Wii, so it doesn't count.

JIMBO.
06-09-2009, 04:36 AM
I think that at some point they will all die out and there will just be one machine that plays it all.

.fnhvmnvmv
06-09-2009, 05:50 AM
i remember like 4 years ago i would of killed to have a gamecube...but now im selling mine ;-; mainly cause they dont even make gamecube games anymore..and sence wii can take gamecube their is really no reason to have one. Its pretty sad though...i mean its just so cute looking <3

Same here. Yesterday I went to the gameshops to find any new games for GC but they said that they stopped selling them, cause GC is definetly dead.

Bring Me The Horizon
06-09-2009, 06:03 AM
If we tie in the new generation and old generation, with a bit of a futuristic look, then bam we got ourselves a WiiStation360. End of story.

Now that sounds like a fantastic idea! Imagine that being able to play all Prince of Persia,Wii Sports,and Halo all on one console..genius

Storm Strife
06-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Though even if the console itself dies out, the games might not since they'll still be playable in the new console.

That depends on if the company decide to implement backwards compatability. Lets take the 360. Sure, I can play some Xbox Original games. But I can't play, for instance, Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. This forces me to use my Xbox instead.

As for the PS3, originally there was backwards compatability with the PS2, either through hardware or software. However, with the recent 80 GB PS3 (model number CECHKxx) and the limited edition 160 GB PS3 (model number CECHPxx), all PS2 compatability has been removed.

Miss Electric Moonlight
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I still have my old gamecube. There's really no use for it since the wii, but I still like keeping my old systems, anyway.

Tsuki.
06-09-2009, 11:29 AM
well, I still have my gamecube, but I never play it.
I also have the wii, and even though I can connect the gamcube controllers in and play that way, I feel it's a waste of time. The games weren't that good to begin with, so even if I did want to play it, I'd get bored pretty easily.

And, it's kind of like the gameboy. I remember a few years ago when everyone wanted the gameboy advanced. It played the super old games, and also played new ones. But, it didn't have a light up screen, which the sp did. And, it played the super old ones/newer ones. But, then the ds came out. It played new games and the older/newer ones. Though it didn't play the super old ones, it was still pretty amazing with the touch screen. But then, the ds light came out. It had a brighter screen, and it was more compact. Now, there's the dsi. It can do all the things the other two could, but it can also take pictures and such. And after all this . . . the original was completely forgotten, while the gameboy advanced was being sold at garage sales for $2.

This is what I believe will happen to the gamecube. =)

Storm Strife
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Now, there's the dsi. It can do all the things the other two could, but it can also take pictures and such.

Except for the fact that the DSi has removed the GBA slot, making it impossible to play, say, Guitar Hero On Tour.

Yoko Littner
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Isn't the Gamecube already dead? I mean personally I believe that the gamecube had only a few decent games including Animal Crossing/Star Fox adventures and a few others. And sadly soon, the system will most likely be forgotten.

LunaOverdrive
06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
When they stop making software for it, let's call it dead.

yakman1692
06-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Gamecubes been dead for a long time, and while I quite enjoyed my gamecube, I knew exactly when its time came. I don't even play it anymore, except when i replayed twilight princess. Especially once I got my 360.

Diocletian
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen a Gamecube since 2005. It was okay, I mean it had Super Mario Sunshine, which I really liked but it was missing alot of graphics. I admit that when I get into a Nintendo game I'm not looking for graphics, but come on now. I also got to play One Piece Carnival and a few other titles, but otherwise it was nothing special.

Yoko Littner
06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen a Gamecube since 2005. It was okay, I mean it had Super Mario Sunshine, which I really liked but it was missing alot of graphics. I admit that when I get into a Nintendo game I'm not looking for graphics, but come on now. I also got to play One Piece Carnival and a few other titles, but otherwise it was nothing special.

I actually thought Super Mario Sunshine was an epic failure and that Super Mario 64 was at least ten times better. One Piece Pirate Carnival is also a pretty fun game.

Diocletian
06-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I actually thought Super Mario Sunshine was an epic failure and that Super Mario 64 was at least ten times better. One Piece Pirate Carnival is also a pretty fun game.

I thought it was a failure too, but being a failed game never stops me from playing anything. I just guffawed at the stupid idea of watering plants being a video game.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I loved my Gamecube especially Pikmin the Gamecube will never be dead to me.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Not only is the Gamecube now dead, it was stillborn. Nintendo continued to put out games for it as though it were still alive, but the vast majority of the gaming public didn't fall for it.

Brojasu
06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
GC's been "dead" for a while, but you can still enjoy it.