PDA

View Full Version : Code Geass R2 25 (Final) Who cried? (Probably gonna have Spoilers)

Alkazor
06-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Did anybody cry during the final episode?

I cried for the first time since Deathnote episode 25, but only a little ;)

Subbed I didn't, dubbed I did.

Diocletian
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Nah, I didn't cry. I did feel an amazing feeling afterwards. I feel like the whole anime tried to be deep and loaded with fan-service but I have to admit the ending really brought it all together. And yes, Lelouch is dead. I've never heard of a character get stabbed to the heart, pass out and die and come back to life.

ichimoku_fanboy
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
i didnt cry, but id have to say it was one of the most powerful and satisfyingly saddening finale's ive seen in my days of watching anime, cuz im just weird like that xD

SigmaSD
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I didn't cry, but I did get a strange feeling (what was that). Anyway, I thought it was an amazing ending, and if Lelouch isn't really dead then the ending is pure hoobla. (not that I despise Lelouch)

Gjallarhorn
06-07-2009, 10:11 PM
I didn't cry, but I did get a strange feeling (what was that). Anyway, I thought it was an amazing ending, and if Lelouch isn't really dead then the ending is pure hoobla. (not that I despise Lelouch)

He's dead. The writers and director have confirmed it in many interviews.

Alkazor
06-08-2009, 04:15 AM

Good. As many others have said, the ending would be completely ruined if he lived.

bman11
06-09-2009, 01:32 AM
i found the ending really suiting. I love the show. What really pisses me off though is how you have to wait a whole week for another episode and that its on so late. Frownn Townn.
maybe a few tears

mstrmnd48
06-10-2009, 11:39 AM
i didn't cry at all.

John Watson
06-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Omg, the finale to that show was the best ending I've seen so far so yes I cried a little. ^^;

Ok..so I giggled a lil' when Lelouch tumbled over and slid down the float. Caught me off guard. But when poor Nunally was sobbing over his dead body, I started to tear up.

Code Geass is my fave anime as of this moment. Just awesome.

kimi no kioku
06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
For me I felt sick as soon as Zero came. I thought I was gonna throw up. The moment that blade slid into him, I could feel tears in my eyes. When Suzaku was crying, I started to cry. Nunnally made me sob, for the first time watching an anime, I completely broke down. It's funny, the ending made me feel like a bad person. I mean... I can't explain it. I felt weird afterward. For a long time. Then, two months after I watched it, it finally aired in english. I'm not over it yet. Lelouch and Suzaku are true heros. Mostly Lelouch though. Even though the whole world will hate them forever.

Archaic Devices
06-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Dude, I cried for like an hour. Then it was stuck in my mind for months. He was a true hero to the end <3

keahiakio
06-14-2009, 10:21 PM
pretty cool pic. i like it:ninja:

Chiatsa
06-15-2009, 11:29 PM
I sure did cry! Seeing Nunnally cry, and Suzaku cry made me sob. :'( But, the ending was fitting.

Alkazor
06-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Hmm, most of the criers were female...but at least there were others.

AutisticOtakuGirl
06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I really, really cried. I love Lelouch so much. As soon as the lance went through him, my heart broke.:broken: When he smiled and closed his eyes for the last time, my eyes teared up. When he was gone and Nunnally was crying over him, I broke down and cried. My heart was aching for him for so long.:broken: He really did it. To think he purposely made the world hate him, and then sacrificed himself for world peace. He was truly amazing and great-hearted. The rest of the world hated him, but I shall always love him. I hope and pray he is up in Heaven now reunited with Shirley. That thought makes his death less painful for me. Lelouch was truly a beautiful person, inside and out. Oh, Lulu....*sob*:broken:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_2009874ab66d1e23d1a.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=46434)
Stumbled upon this picture somewhere on the web and I just had to download it. As I said, I hope and pray that Lelouch is up in Heaven now reunited with Shirley. This is the perfect image for that thought. Shirley (who died earlier before Lelouch became Emperor) is running into Lelouch's arms (notice he's in his emperor attire as he was at the time of his death) and both of them are smiling.

Sickness
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
No. The ending is stupid. First season was better. That's all I'll say.

IcePriestess
07-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Can't help it. I cried ;). In other animes I may have written I cried, but that was really just tears in my eyes that I kept in, but didn't let to fall. In code geass ending I didn't succeed. I couldn't stop my tears from falling. The truth is that the ending is sad and happy in the same time. I knew Lelouch would die, but it was so sad...:sweatdrop

+Namiko+
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh my god, I was HYSTERICAL. Its STILL BOTHERS me. I felt that sword go through my heart too. It killed me to see him die like that. Especially NUNALLY! That killed me. And the song they played was so beautiful. I Loved the whole show, and the ending was so amazingly wonderful. If he was alive, i think it would screw up that wonderful exit he made. God, Lelouch is one of my favorite anime characters ever. Im not sure I'll ever get over little Nana crying over him TT__TT hardest I ever cried in an anime....even more than I cried when poor lil Gaara was attacked by Yashamaru!

kimi no kioku
08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
I really, really cried. I love Lelouch so much. As soon as the lance went through him, my heart broke.:broken: When he smiled and closed his eyes for the last time, my eyes teared up. When he was gone and Nunnally was crying over him, I broke down and cried. My heart was aching for him for so long.:broken: He really did it. To think he purposely made the world hate him, and then sacrificed himself for world peace. He was truly amazing and great-hearted. The rest of the world hated him, but I shall always love him. I hope and pray he is up in Heaven now reunited with Shirley. That thought makes his death less painful for me. Lelouch was truly a beautiful person, inside and out. Oh, Lulu....*sob*:broken:

You're right. I agree with evrything you said. Lulu rest in peace, and take good care of Shirley and Euphy. ToT

lilminx
08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
i was on the verge of crying but didnt. but i have to say that it was an awesome ending. the best one to end the show really

Kingmelo15
08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't call my actions crying but i did have a sense of disbelief in the ending episode

OtakuInu!!!
09-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I did!!!

I watched it subbed.

It was very sad.

Though crying (in anime and live actions) is not new to me any more.

animecholic
10-03-2009, 12:54 PM
watched the subbed version and didn't exactly cry, you know *loudly* but did wipe away a tear or two really quietly.

Rolo Vi Britannia
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Sort of. I teared up for sure. I wasn't even sure if I liked Lelouch, but he did good in the end.

Good. As many others have said, the ending would be completely ruined if he lived.

Amen to that!

Lehvorak
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Nope I did not cry, but it was sad that the anime is over.

chiizu
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I cried so much... I actually cried a lot throughout the anime. It was sad.

The Truth in Blue
01-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Hell yes. I also cry on episode 13 of R2 and Episode 23 of R1

xXPainful SmilexX
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I didn't cry, but I thought is was sad.

keiichi25
02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I admit,yes. When Suzaku stabbed Lulu tears start falling, when he fell into Nanally it cant be helped. I took a bath after that, damn.
I also cried a litte at Shirly and Rolo's death.
How embarassing LOL

dbzfannetjuh-Angela
02-06-2010, 07:03 AM
I finisht Code Geass a long time ago
I was crying,, Lelouch was dead!

The Butcher
02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I ALMOST cried.

Rei
03-11-2010, 04:01 AM
I definitely did. Also during episode 12, when Shirley died in his arms.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Not to sound like a know it all, but that's episode 13.
I cry every time I see that scene. It's so unfair and unnecessary.

Rei
03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Ah sumimasen, yup it is. It Is sort of excessive. But then sunrise always makes storylines like these 'almosts' and then shatters them completely.

Dante K
03-13-2010, 09:08 PM
The show had been wobbling for about ten episodes, but the ending was really great. It was just as emotional as it should be.

Well yes, there is nothing else they can say. If they don't intend to use the character anymore, it is the most epic if he died. If they say "Who knows?" the ending would be lessened. However, it is clear they wrote the ending in such a way that if you want to imagine Lelouch as alive, you can. That very last scene with C.C. talking to someone and saying "Isn't that right, Lelouch?" ..and we didn't get to see the face of the one driving the cart, which was obviously intentional. (The camera even moved up the cart, showing that character, but missing the face by a hair's breadth.)

But again, the writers obviously haven't "made up their mind" about it and don't have to, because the story is over and it didn't really happen.

Here (http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net/2008/09/30/code-geass-hangyaku-no-lelouch-r2-25-end/) is a good argument in favor of Living Lelouch:

I say “death” with quotes because I’m one of the people that believe that Lelouch is alive. The ending provides enough evidence towards that being the case, including the infamous situation that Lelouch may have acquired Charles’ Code back in the Sword of Akasha, therefore being immortal; dying is merely the requirement of activating it, much like how Charles died by being Geassed to shoot himself.

The flood of Lelouch’s memories could also be interpreted as a the transfer of memories to Nunnally, which is how she may have found out the truth. Jeremiah’s smile also can be taken into consideration: I don’t think he would want to kill one of the only two people eh wants to serve, and he can’t simply switch to guarding Nunnally since he is associated with Lelouch’s Britannia; therefore, it might be possible he might have known something.

Along with the fact that C.C. addresses Lelouch in the same manner she does Marianne, and that Lelouch can’t match that exact situation due to his Geass not being the same, it’s possible that Lelouch survived his initial death and is the one driving the hay cart that C.C. is in the back of.

Rei
03-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Right, I just watched the episode. And it was sad, even though I knew it was coming. =_=" Nunnally still is weak.

The Butcher
03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
I didn't cry at all,I was actually celebrating.

Raiden17
03-14-2010, 10:59 AM

I think this mean's you were celebrating Shirley's death?

You realise that Shirley is not Rolo...
Did you mean to say that you celebrated R2 Epsiode 19?

I'm kidding of course, but seriously, why celebrate Shirley's demise?

poshyterra
03-14-2010, 11:16 AM
i cried. i'm a cry baby. i always get attached to characters *realizes she said something weird* so sad :(

The Butcher
03-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I think this mean's you were celebrating Shirley's death?

You realise that Shirley is not Rolo...
Did you mean to say that you celebrated R2 Epsiode 19?

I'm kidding of course, but seriously, why celebrate Shirley's demise?
One less character for Lelouch to fall in love with,oh and I DID celebrate Rolo's death to.

Raiden17
03-15-2010, 09:14 AM
One less character for Lelouch to fall in love with,oh and I DID celebrate Rolo's death to.

:eek: How very dare you!!

*cries at the notion of Shirley haters*

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
:eek: How very dare you!!

*cries at the notion of Shirley haters*
*Cries too*

kimi no kioku
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
It's posts like this that make me with you're only trying to :censored: with people.

The Butcher
03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
It's posts like this that make me with you're only trying to :censored: with people.
I don't troll.It may seem like it,but that's what I really think.

I just hate romantic characters with a passion.

kimi no kioku
03-15-2010, 11:13 PM

Okay, but it's just a matter of time before people get really pissed at you.

The Butcher
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Okay, but it's just a matter of time before people get really pissed at you.
It's Not like it happened before on other sites ;).

Raiden17
03-17-2010, 07:28 AM

If I address this it makes it seem like you're trolling. And I believe you when you're saying you're not.

However I cannot let that second sentence go unquestioned.
I firstly wanna state that that's your own reaction to something and I can't disagree with you when you personally don't like "romantic" characters.
What is a "romantic character"?
I would say it's someone whose sole focus is their love life. They can often be irritating to me because they come across as capricious.
Shirley is not this: she does other things than focus on her love life, but unfortunatley there's so little of it that we can only fill in the gaps. We are almost only shown Shirley in relation to Lelouch (him being the main character) hence we mostly see the side of Shirley who loves Lelouch. But we also see her when Lelouch isn't around (eg. when Milly is joking with her about Lelouch and her "personal development".....). It's at those times that we see Shirley isn't a complete romantic: she doesn't drift off whimsically about Lelouch, she doesn't even bring up Lelouch a lot of the time (it's often Milly), her reaction is usually defensive. She tries to deflect the question rather than indulge in her emotions.
If that makes a "romantic character" then my definition of "romantic" is very different to The Butcher's.

By my reckoning Shirley is much deeper than just a hopeless romantic, and the reasons why someone would have that impression of her is the required focus on the main storyline. But I think enough hints are given to indicate that Shirley is more than a one-dimensional character.

Raiden out.

kimi no kioku
03-17-2010, 07:40 AM
@Raiden, I understand, Shirley is my favorite character. However, you see him say stuff like this about alot of great characters(Example, Lyle Dylandy), but it's his opinion, and no one wants a fight....

The Butcher
03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Shirley did not get on my nerves until trying to have Lelouch fall in love with her. IMO,he would be less heartless and more lovy duvy(Not sure if I spelled that right),if he had fallen in love.

It's like trying to turn Alucard romantic,it would ruin his character,also the same for Lelouch.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Shirley did not get on my nerves until trying to have Lelouch fall in love with her. IMO,he would be less heartless and more lovy duvy(Not sure if I spelled that right),if he had fallen in love.

It's like trying to turn Alucard romantic,it would ruin his character,also the same for Lelouch.
Well, I never thought or saw that. So, whatever.

Rei
03-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Alucard...from...Hellsing? Heck no, that anime is completely business.

As stupid as it was, I cried when Rolo died. Even though I hated him for killing Shirley.

xXPainful SmilexX
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM

Lelouch wasn't heartless to begin with.

Raiden17
03-25-2010, 07:54 AM

Agreed, I totally understand The Butcher's point because the writers never showed us Lelouch pining for Shirley (which by the way I would've loved, even if it would've screwed around with his character).
But cos we never really saw Lelouch want Shirley except for when she might have died it kind of makes him seem heartless even early on.

Rei
03-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Agreed, I totally understand The Butcher's point because the writers never showed us Lelouch pining for Shirley (which by the way I would've loved, even if it would've screwed around with his character).
But cos we never really saw Lelouch want Shirley except for when she might have died it kind of makes him seem heartless even early on.

The thing is Code Geass is the kind of mecha anime in which the producers do not want to (and don't) openly show romantic relations between the characters. How do I say it...simply put, it is meant to be 'all business'. A hint or two there is okay, like right after Shirley dies and Lelouch cries, screams and all.

But after that we have to be content knowing that Shirley is somewhere in his heart and he thinks of her occasionally, does stuff for her...it kinda weighs his character down. So there, maybe they did also take into account that it would affect Lelouch's character.

Ergo, kill off characters close to Lelouch so the audience sympathises with him. And also to develop his character further.

Rolo Vi Britannia
03-26-2010, 07:29 AM
If you're a coupling fanatic like I am(I love romance), you can notice alot of points that make it seem like he loves her.
I don't feel like going into them, considering this thread is already off topic enough, lol.

Kiryu
04-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Well I didn't cry in the last episode of Code Geass I was just disappointed.

kitsunekun
04-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Noooooo!

Really? How sad. I thought the whole, her looking up and saying, "right, lelouch?" thing meant he was driving the cart and Aaaa! No! My code geass world is shattered forever!

kitsunekun
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM

Kind of like Light. Ah, our anime boys who want to take over the world. They should know it will never work.

Hollow Lelouch
04-11-2010, 11:05 PM
No. Lelouch isn't like Light. Light wanted to be God, and got what was coming to him. Lelouch wanted to fix a screwed up world, and succeeded.

Also, don't double post. just push edit in the future, okay?

Raiden17
04-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Noooooo!

Really? How sad. I thought the whole, her looking up and saying, "right, lelouch?" thing meant he was driving the cart and Aaaa! No! My code geass world is shattered forever!

But don't you see? Your initial reaction is perfectly valid. If you wanna interpret it as Lelouch being alive you're welcome to!

Oh and I have yet to answer the question: I didn't cry, but I was very confused because I interpreted it both ways. And then I say all the photos and had to do rapid pausing to try and spot Lelouch in the pictures...
I am sad...

kitsunekun
04-12-2010, 09:03 AM
No. Lelouch isn't like Light. Light wanted to be God, and got what was coming to him. Lelouch wanted to fix a screwed up world, and succeeded.

Also, don't double post. just push edit in the future, okay?

Sorry, I posted one thing then wanted to post another and forgot about the edit thing.

All I'm saying is in the large scope of things both Light and Lelouch wanted to rule the world in one way or another. And even though Lelouch said he wanted to fix a screwed up world, he really didn't, he just wanted to rule the world. He even says so at the end.

"Oh and I have yet to answer the question: I didn't cry,"

Sorry!

I did cry. I thought it was really sad even though he was messed...up. Because he wanted to fix things at the end, you know? I didn't watch the end in the dub but I watched the beginning in the dub. It was pretty good.

Jmosies
06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey guys just finished the last episode and yeah, I did cry. It's such a good series and I love how you end up empathizing with characters on both sides of the battle (except for that jerk Prince Schneizel :P). I'm so glad Lelouch realized his dream even though there was a lot of bloodshed and it was bittersweet!

Assiduous✡Aristocrat
06-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I cried hard manly tears.

smile1010
06-26-2010, 11:44 PM
I was blubbering like a baby. It was soo sad. I hate crying but it feels so good :D

Ténèbres éternelles
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I would cry if my mother wouldn't call me when I was watching the last episode.

Jiru
10-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Oooh yeah I did.
Then again, I'm ridiculously sensitive to this stuff. Haha. Although, I'll be honest -
I think I cried more over Rolo. <3

effy0202
10-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Near the end of the season (2), I was a bit "hater" of Lelouch. He was selfish and tyrannt then. But as the episodes goes on, Lelouch made himself the enemy of the world, just to create a new world for his sister. geeez. I HATE HIS SISTER for not understanding her brother .. !! well, that's the story eh. Until the last episode, my heart was pounding then, it's like.. "what will happen next, what will happen to Lelouch and did Suzaku really die?" as the final episode lead me to the answer, it did give me a RIVER OF TEARS T_T the background music is really good .. it will really make you cry. It took time before I got over to that scene. :)

SilentOrchid
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I didn't cry,but I felt sadness on my heart.

Cotaku
11-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Every time I watch that scene I well up.
The first time, though, I was just thinking, "Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry," mostly because I was watching it at school. And I thought I was going to make it, but when Suzaku started crying I started welling up and when Nunally started screaming I just lost it.

Sussan Victoria Nuñez
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
OMG i cried so hard. i havent seen it dubbed yet but R2 complete collection has just been released in Australia today so i'll go get it soon.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Every time I watch that scene I well up.
The first time, though, I was just thinking, "Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry," mostly because I was watching it at school. And I thought I was going to make it, but when Suzaku started crying I started welling up and when Nunally started screaming I just lost it.

I was exactly the same. I was keeping it together until Nunally started crying and screaming "I just wanted to be with you big brother" and I broke down.

under the rain
12-12-2010, 05:07 PM
I did, and that's the only time I've cried in any anime. I've seen 5cm per Second and Code Geass is the anime I cry about.

Also, Light was most certainly heartless. Lelouch was not.

TadashiED
01-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I cried, and was overwhelmed by the revelation of Lelouche's master plan. If you think about it, it is pure epicness. The whole idea itself to me was epic. I loved the Anime! :)

Hikarin
01-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Honestly, I cry all the time in anime so it's kinda needless to say ;p I just can't help but get emotional! orz

suishou
05-24-2011, 04:06 AM
I felt sad, really sad...... but I didnt cry...

luluxiu
06-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Actually when I first meet this forum I never think this can be a wonderful work,just think about the first chapter you will find that plot of a play too fast and Lelouch got his ability so quickly!
But with the develop of the story I start to fall in love with Lelouch and find this guy can only be a tragedy because he do everything for his little sister and never think about himself!
At the end of Code Geass, Lelouch's best friend Suzaku killed him and I finally can't stop to cry!
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Tencent/QQ/Users/941088870/Image/%29W%5BNCT%7E5D8PE001X%5DW$%M%29J.gif

Aku no Hikari
06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
-Edit- luluxiu Thread merged with this one. Please look for existing threads before you make a new one.

Yes, I had never cried while watching anime before I watched Code Geass. It made me cry twice. The first time was when Shirley is killed but not much. The second time in the end, I tried to hold myself, but when Nunnally sees the truth and starts crying, I lost it. And that scene made me cry again when I re-watched the series, and I think it will still make me cry again if I re-watch it.

Also, you can't link images on your hard drive; you have to upload them first. Try editing the post, going to the Advanced Mode and clicking "Manage Attachments".

Aranneas
09-06-2011, 08:04 AM
It seems like I cry watching every little thing lately. Not really sure what the deal is. :?

But yes, I cried at the end of r2.

MmmCookies
09-17-2011, 11:59 AM
I just finished watching the R2 for one more time and i still love it.
The story of code geass for me was epic and the end was wonderful and sad in same time.
Many tears was shed at the last episode and that's the reason why i love code geass ^^

jamesedwards
10-26-2011, 05:11 AM
I cried at the end. I've watched the anime 7 times and cried at that point 3 times. I'm to emotional..... :)

Wyvern Radhamanthys
11-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Why should we cry? He checkmated the whole world with a single life.

Geräusch
12-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I did shed tears. The last episode was not only well written, but it was emotional for those who really liked Lelouch and didn't want him to die.

Miyu Itai
01-02-2012, 11:53 PM
When Zero showed up at first I was really confused since I knew it wasn't Lelouch, but yeah, after the whole part where he's jumping over everything and pulls out the sword I started bawling >.>

Emerald14
01-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Let's be honest everyone. I think we all died a little inside with that ending. So valiant and brave, with such a true and honest goal of world peace..... *cries waterfalls*

Ryuu No Kage
01-27-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't really ever cry but thee ending of the anime and when shirly died did make me cry.

Miyu Itai
01-28-2012, 03:54 PM
It's depressing, yet happy because Lelouch was pretty much a hero, I mean he died for "world peace" (Nunnally). Plus the song "Madder Sky" that plays when Suzaku stabs him is depressing and heroic sounding at the same time.

mangeassshajigan
01-28-2012, 05:09 PM
it was a happy and sad ending depends on your view the english dub for it was just perfect

meggido
03-08-2012, 02:11 PM
I didnt cry but i had chills up and down my spine, i had to rewatch the episode to fully grasp that lelouch was really doing it for the rest of humanity. All the hatred went towards him and he sacrificed himself, kinda like jesus.

Jasanime
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Yup, cried. Best ending I think I've ever seen.

Munchman
03-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I honestly prefered season 1 to season 2 in every way... Still , it was a really good ending.

I believe that lelouch is alive , that he is the one guy disguised as a farmer in the end , driving the oxcart in wich C2 is lying... Though its an open ending , so i guess everyone can interpret it the way they want.

I am not really sure about this , but didnt C2 had the ability to give her immortality to someone else? That combined with the her will to stop being immortal makes me believe that she gave her immortality to Lelouch.

Sarinda
03-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Oh, God, I'm really never going to be able to forget just how much I cried that day. Well, I didn't spend the whole day crying but I was like a zombie. I remember I finished CG just before lunchtime and I was like thinking "how can this anime end well?" Because I didn't want Lelouch to die as a villain, nor did i want him to be the hero of the world and to finish of Britannia. In the last episodes, the plot twisted so much that every time I thought about a possible ending, a new scenario would come up! Anyway, I guess that the main reason why I cried was that I just did not expect for that to happen. I just couldn't believe my eyes and everything was happening in slow motion. Even before the flashback (which we see through Nunnally) I just couldn't stop myself and had started crying. Of course, I was sobbing so badly at the end that I needed to grasp five tissues at once. Once I had finished the anime, I rewatched the same thing over and over again, thinking that I wouldn't cry anymore, but hell, I'd cry every single time. I'm sure that my mum seriously considered that I had some serious trauma! Anyway, I just loved the ending! None other anime has made me cry that way and I just love it when I cry (is that odd?), because it means that I've been really touched. I've felt strong emotions with other anime as well, excitement, sadness... But the ending of CG really left a trace on me.

Reviewer03
04-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes I cried - because I was so angry!!!

Lelouch could have become an Emperor that could have brought peace justice and stability right from the start - but he decides to do what???
Becoming a murdering dictator so the world hates him.
And then he chooses suicide??

This ending is only good if Lelouche would have been only faking his death since he could have been immortal because of taking his code from his father - but the producers made an open ending so......

genesic123
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
i have to say, if Lelouch really died, there could be a problem.
His brother is still alive,if his death released the control of the geass,his brother could claim the throne and Lelouch's efforts could have been for nothing. (season 3 plot perhaps.....)
i sort of agree that the anime's ''the end justifies the means'' did not sell too well with me.

Blade_Runner95
05-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Yes, I did wipe away a tear or two..... :3

But the great thing about the ending is that it made me rethink human emotions, and the sacrifices people make for others. When Lelouch died, I knew that he died for the world, not against it. He died a happy person, because he had fulfilled his role in reestablishing peace. I believe that to be of utmost importance.

What I also gained from the ending, is that if you want to achieve something, stop at nothing to achieve it. Regardless of who stands with/against you, believe in what you think is right, and pursue your dream like its the last you will ever have.

Loved the ending, a masterpiece.

Hollow Ichigo
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree. If Luli dies his control.over Spinzaku and Hot brother would fade. Sooooooo

He lives. Code Geass r3: Suzaku of Rebellion

animanga72
07-05-2012, 05:34 AM
I didn't cry but it was amazing. At first I was trying to find a way that Lelouch could be alive. Like when C.C said his name at the end I thought she was long distance communicating like she did with V.V and Marianne. Then I just thought she was talking to him as he was the driver of the cart. Then I realized I just didn't want him to die. So now I believe he is dead. :(

Ryuu No Kage
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I have now watched Code Geass R2 over 3 times already and it has touched my heart every time.. One of the best anime I have ever seen

Humblewretch
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Code Geass was a beautiful anime that took me on an incredible journey that i will never forget. I loved all the characters and I watched both seasons straight through. Only potty breaks lol. But I will never forget that anime. All hail Lelouch!!!!!!!!

MariannaB
07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Not only did I cry the first time I watch it, I cry every single time I watch the ending. Also, I watch Code Geass (All episodes) at least once a month (It's one of my favourite animes) so that should give you an idea about how sad it made me.

mkivaaz
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I had tears coming from my eyes...Suzaku and Lelouch are on of the greatest anime heroes i knew...:(:(

Otonashii
02-19-2013, 04:41 PM
In all honesty I balled.. So much

Kumagawa
02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
It wasn't really sad?... I mean he's alive so who cares

Kaleohano
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28567232.jpg

can't lie about this one. the ending had me pretty choked up.

livetogetrad
04-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Um, I watched all of this last weekend. I cried in so many episodes but the last 5-10 minutes of the finale... I was a complete mess. I'd never cried so much over a show as I did then.

GuiltySpark
05-17-2013, 01:18 AM
I liked the ending but did not get too emotional at the ending. I did think it was sad.

Juzey
11-13-2013, 10:47 AM
I cried. And it takes a lot to make me cry. Such a sad ending!