PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think "won" E3?

Bulf
06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm sure most of you have watched E3 by now, so here's the question: Who do you think did the best at E3?

Oddly, I think Sony did the best. I like the new PSP go!, and MAG just looks amazingly terrific. (It kills me not to say Nintendo D:)

Gjallarhorn
06-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think Nintendo was even able to compete with Microsoft and Sony, both of whom had great presentations and introduced a lot of new things. It just fell flat, with them releasing more of the same, and not really innovating nor creating new titles that will create any sort of buzz. Microsoft did very well, though I'm personally only interested in L4D2 which I'll probably be getting for PC. I'll give the cake to Sony, though.

As far as their current-generation consols are concerned, I think Microsoft and Sony performed about the same. Nintendo has some great titles coming back (Bio Hazard, Left 4 Dead), while Sony takes new views on things it already has (MAG, Mod Nation Racers), and both have excellent motion control devices coming out (though Sony's seems more feasable, if Natal works out it the way they want it to it will be intense). But, on top of this, Sony hit hard with the expansion of the PSP, and I think that's what made the difference; it seems like Sony finally has a solid game-plan.

Wolfwood
06-06-2009, 02:07 AM
While they all had a great show and lots to look forward too. I gotta go with Sony, since they're probably gonna get the most money out of me with all those games and the motion control ^^; lol

Ryuuzaki HD
06-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Im going with Microsoft they had a amazing exclusive games line up, impressive new tech not just with Natal but with instant movies, full downloadable games etc.

I think Nintendo second because of the amount of great games they had like Mario bros wii, Mario galaxy 2 and Metroid just my top 3.

And last and least Sony because microsoft and nintendo were both talking about appealing to different audiences especially nintendo who are trying to get the world gaming but still making games for the veteran gamers, Microsoft appealing to a family and more active audiance, and then you have sony still appealing to the exact same people, all they seemed to have is a few sequels and a couple of generic games, not to mention the PSP Go! im betting thats going to end up like the PSP just a bunch of watered down versions of console games that play badly on hand held.

The Nintendo presentation really got me back into playing the Wii im also considering a DSi now, im still playing my Xbox just waiting for the new games and features I have never been further from buying a PS3 and at this point a doubt I ever will.

Legend of the Twilight
06-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I love Sony. They'll always have a place in my heart.

Sparda
06-06-2009, 09:44 PM
im going with microsoft, its my obligation

Kojack
06-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Sony won me over with the PSP Go and FFXIV, but Nintendo also has me very interested in Metroid: Other M and Golden Sun DS. Konami also gets an honorable mention for Kojima's Castlevania. Microsoft lost me once again, although they did have Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction; nothing I would buy the console for. But I pretty much have an unshakable bias against Microsoft, so.... yeah.

Archaic Devices
06-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Hm...surprised to see so much sony o.o I thought Microsoft was much better than Sony

_-Anonymous-_
06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
hmm hands down microsoft for the win .

Dark Wolf 09
06-09-2009, 01:04 AM
WE all know that Nintendo didn't even compete with Microsoft, and Sony line-ups, Nintendo only announced like three games, that were Metroid, Zelda, and Super Mario Brothers.

Whilst Microsoft did a great outstanding line-up with new games coming up such as Mass Effect II, Assassins Creed II, BioShock II, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Brutal Legends, Guitar Hero IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Halo: Reach, Halo ODST, Project Natal, FaceBook, and Twitter, but there's so much, much more producing and its on its way on 2010, I personally cannot wait.

As for Sony's line-up, they did a good job too as well, I love their new products coming out as well, they're coming out with that Heavy Rain game which really brought my attention with five characters and you can control their plot scheme's. God of War III, Kratos is coming back. So who will get ready? I know I am.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I'll say Sony, just because I'm unaware of too many exclusives for the 360 and can rattle off a long list for the PS3, many of which are A titles.

Go to Game Trailers and look up the Last Guardian. If you ever have played Ico* this game was made for you.

*If you haven't, I'm not going to tell you to die in a fire, but I AM going to gesture earestly at the fire and suggest that you do what's right.

Rex Cars
06-10-2009, 03:13 PM
It's relatively close between Micosoft and Sony, I think.

Great future lineups. But with my excitement over GOW III and Uncharted, I'd have to choose Sony.

Brojasu
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
The moment I saw Metroid, I completely forgot about the others, so Nintendo.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-10-2009, 11:54 PM
The moment I saw Metroid, I completely forgot about the others, so Nintendo.
On the otherhand, it'll probably be played exclusively via the new Wii Vitality Sensor. If Nintendo wasn't already dead to me, that would have done it.

Brojasu
06-17-2009, 01:27 AM
On the otherhand, it'll probably be played exclusively via the new Wii Vitality Sensor. If Nintendo wasn't already dead to me, that would have done it.

Team Ninja said it wouldn't use any of that crap already in an interview with siliconera

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Team Ninja said it wouldn't use any of that crap already in an interview with siliconera

Maybe they'll figure a way to use the Wii Fit balance board then.

On a personal note, I find the results of this poll hilarious.

Lordwindowlicker
06-17-2009, 08:29 PM
While they all did a bang up job.. Nintendo made me the happiest.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-17-2009, 08:32 PM
It was very close between Nintendo and Microsoft for me but Nintendo just lost out because of Project Natal.