PDA

View Full Version : Sony's E3

StabWound
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I see a thread for Sony hasn't been made yet, so I'll change that.

-Uncharted 2 gameplay
-MAG gameplay
-PSP Go announced for October 1st at $249
-Gran Turismo for PSP
-Gran Turismo 5
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for PSP
-Exclusive Resident Evil game for PSP
-LBP, SOCOM, Monster Hunter, MotorStorm, Soul Calibur, Persona and more shown upcoming for PSP
-Final Fantasy VII coming to PSN
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, White Knight Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time and others shown in a video compilation
-Exclusive game named "Agent" announced, developed by Rockstar of GTA fame
-Assassins Creed 2 gameplay
-Final Fantasy 14 launching only on ps3 in 2010, online game.
-New motion control was shown
-New exclusive named "Mod Nation Racers" announced, seems to be like a LBP-esque racing game
-Team Ico's new game "The Last Guardian" trailer shown
-God of War 3 live demo

Overall by far my favorite conference of the three in both presentation and content. A lot of exclusives coming.

Personally cannot wait for The Last Guardian and God of War 3.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I didn't watch it but it sounds like the weakest line up excluding EA and ubisoft.

About Final Fantasy 14 i doubt the will keep it a exclusive they will lose it just like FF13.

Gjallarhorn
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Last year Sony's presentation was horrible, so I wasn't expecting much, but they really did a great job, and I'm psyched for the upcoming year. I still don't like their key speaker, but the material presented by others and in trailers and demonstrations was fantastic.

The PSP Go!, while not everything I had hoped for, sounds pretty good, and from the reviews I've read of those who have been playing it on the floor, it handles comfortably, despite its seemingly weird organization.

The PSP also has some good titles lined up for this year, included Little Big Planet (which people are saying gives as close to the console experience as possible), a Soul Calibur IV spin-off (featuring Kratos!), and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which looked great from the trailer. In addition, the third installment of SOCOM Fireteam BRAVO, which I've been waiting for for quite a while. It appears to have been re-vamped a bit, which should be good.

Once again, I am TOTALLY psyched up for MAG. I've been a big fan of Zipper Interactive since the beginning of the SOCOM series, and I trust that they've brought all the great parts of SOCOM and the things they've learned from it into MAG.

Assassin's Creed 2 looked great, and it seems they've fixed a lot of the things people disliked about the first one.

The new motion control looks fantastic. We were talking about it in Chat as we were all watching it, and everyone present seemed to be liking it. I love that it is responsive not based on line-movement like the Wiimote, but rather it is recognized as a small 3D plane moving. They said it is responsive to within a millimeter, and that is pretty damn good. (Between this and Natal, it looks like Sony and Microsoft have trumped the Wii pretty hard, considering the Wii's motion control isn't all that responsive.)

Mod Nation Racers looks very fun. The track-maker system seemed to work very smoothly and quick. The guy on stage put together an entire track, scenery, weapons, objects, and a flock of sheep together in under 5 minutes.

I didn't really care for the Final Fantasy XIII trailer, as I'm not that interested in XIII itself. What I want is Final Fantasy versusXIII, which looks to be a much better game, and won't be turn-based, but play as a "action RPG", in a similar manner to Kingdom Hearts.

When they first announced Final Fantasy XIV, I was facepalming pretty hard, since they've been talking about XIII for years, but we've seen nothing other than trailers. Then when they said it was an MMO, I just didn't care, since I'm not the MMO type.

So far I've only watched Nintendo and Sony's presentations, I'll be getting to Microsoft's tomorrow probably. Nintendo flopped, but Sony, in comparision, did very, very well. Made me glad I own my PS3 and PSP, unlike last year's dull performance.

I'm also hoping that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 comes to the PS3 like the first game did. That was one hell of a fun game.

Son'y has been kicking up dirt for a few years, but this looks like a pretty solid comeback.

Wolfwood
06-03-2009, 03:15 AM
my wallet hurts now O_o
Uncharted 2
FFXIV (maybe. >_>)
MAG
GOW III
MGS
Persona (must have O_O )
FF VII since my copy err... broke >_>
White Knight
Ratchet and Clank
GT 5
The Last Guardian

God help me if these come out all at once like this few weeks rush of Red Faction, Infamous, Demon's Souls (import), Cross Edge, Sims 3, etc. >_< why do they do this to us?

But i'm glad to see that each companies E3 gave us something to look forward too. well, not for everyone. but o well ^^;

I actualy think for once, FFXIV will stay exclusive. mostly since anyone with a ps3 has the net, unlike the ps2 days. but don't quote me on this :P if other MMO's on the ps3 don't go so well, they'll probably take it to PC aswell.
(edit: It's on PC aswell if IGN is right. lol, did not take long at all ^^; )
Although, what happened to the PSP FF MMO mentioned awhile ago?

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
06-03-2009, 03:31 AM
Uncharted 2
FFXIV
MAG
GOW III
MGS
Ratchet and Clank

These playstation titles are definitely on the buy list.

Nineteenth
06-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Sony's E3 was a definitive curb stomping of marketing. Rather than rely on the usual pre-rendered videos, they resorted to actual live gameplay and announcing soon to be released products as opposed to far off and away products.

The sheer number of PSP titles and the new PSP was quite amazing, the Lilac Hannah Montana PSP is going to be a real mover, if it's marketed at the standard price of the old psp. Surprisingly it costs more than a wii but on the other hand it's getting far more games than the wii is getting in the next year. Still there was no word for a Dark Cloud 3 or Twisted metal.

Bulf
06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I can't really say much for Sony, but they have convinced me to get a PSP Go, and/or a PS3. No rush though, I'll wait until one of them becomes cheaper.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Im not sure if im going to get a psp go! I got the psp 3000 to play on the plane and havent touched it since but I might be convinced if the go! has good games.

Gjallarhorn
06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Sony's E3 was a definitive curb stomping of marketing. Rather than rely on the usual pre-rendered videos, they resorted to actual live gameplay and announcing soon to be released products as opposed to far off and away products.

The sheer number of PSP titles and the new PSP was quite amazing, the Lilac Hannah Montana PSP is going to be a real mover, if it's marketed at the standard price of the old psp. Surprisingly it costs more than a wii but on the other hand it's getting far more games than the wii is getting in the next year. Still there was no word for a Dark Cloud 3 or Twisted metal.

The Lilac edition was the PSP-3000, if the CG video they showed was accurate. So it would cost the same as the current PSPs on the market.

Rem Nightfall
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I think Sony has a good line up. But my problem Peacewalker Metal Gear Solid...looked....disappointing. Like it reminded me of a game coming on the PS2 in 2000...rather then PS2 2009. I mean half of the PSP games look like what Shadow Collesus and Prostreet look like on a PS2. Why does Peacewalker look so not what I wish it did?

LittleGirl
06-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I loved the crowds reaction to the Hannah Montana PSP bundle.

I liked this one much more than last years. I'm actually looking forward to Assassin's Creed 2. I was a little disappointed with the first, but I love the renaissance! Uncharted 2, and Gran Turismo 5 look awesome too.

Kojack
06-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I want FFXIV. Really badly.

About Final Fantasy 14 i doubt the will keep it a exclusive they will lose it just like FF13.
It's not exclusive; it's on PC as well.

I also want a PSP Go, but that price point is a bit too much for me. I think I'll wait for a price drop. I'm excited for a download service; I can do without a physical product for my handhelds. I'm glad Sony is working on a way to register our UMDs with PSN to transfer to the Go.