PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Midnight Outlaw
12-12-2003, 05:56 PM
I've been tring to get one of my wallpapers on this site for some time now heres one of them tell me whats wrong with it.

Midnight Outlaw
12-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Heres another one

escaflownemoon
12-12-2003, 06:30 PM
I suggest get rid of the reflection for the second wall. I can't really tell if cars have any relevence because i'm not familar with that anime.

Candy-chan
12-12-2003, 06:30 PM
you need to re-touch your pictures, they need more cleaning, and the first one is kind of blurry, but i dont know if thats the reason you cant get them on the site...
anyway, its still nice.. but work on the quality

wizz-o-matic
12-12-2003, 06:37 PM
First wp: The pic that u used is low quality (try to find a better one) though the concept is very good!
Second wp: Redo the extraction, get rid of the reflection, move the cars a bit lower and also move the text (and that pic of the car) more to the right.

Nice job for a newbie and keep trying!

Midnight Outlaw
12-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Check this

Candy-chan
12-12-2003, 07:25 PM
mmmm better1
but try putting the char up front, behind those clouds, will make him look better

Candy-chan
12-12-2003, 07:26 PM
opps i meant in front of those clouds..... hummmm sooo much tyredd, end of session is finally comming (yayy)

onslaught2029
12-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Aight, check this: Cowboy Bebop and Import Street Cars don't really go together, so I'm not quite sure what you were going for. Also the reflections were cool, except there was nothing (wall, floor, etc) to reflect off of. That car that has the solarized filter on it shouldn't be in the wall.

Cloud filter should only be the first step in making a background, not the only step. Experiment with other filters, especially the distortion filters.

I can't say too much about the extractions, cause my first wall had some extraction problems too.

asher_aj_wei
12-12-2003, 08:57 PM
First wall: Gaussian blur the whole background, it's very dirty and does not look like a quality wall since you just stretched the screen capture of the anime. Blur it to give it a more "clean" feel.

Second wall: The wall is rather... not rather, very messed up in my opinion. There's no central theme, it basically looks like a bunch of pictures stuck together with different effects for each of them. I'd suggest removing the cars altogether, since it's usually hard for anime and real life to mix. The cars would work for 2 Fast 2 Furious and Initial D though

Third wall: Pretty dark wall but I still feel something needs working, maybe you might wanna brighten the main Kamui a bit.

Overall: Not bad but the same problem goes throughout all walls, there's no central theme. You might wanna go for "everything fades into the background" feel but to me, it's not really working for some of them

Midnight Outlaw
12-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Ok i just learned how to use that blurr check this one out.

asher_aj_wei
12-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Get a good quality picture of the car and the driver instead of a small pictures *I keep getting the impression he's running away from a prank done on someone like "Bwahahaha~ (scoots)"* You have much to learn young Padawan... stick around and try to learn from the people in this forum. Be willing to experiment and open your eyes a little bit. That'll help you start on your journey to be a good wallpaper artiste~ Heh