PDA

View Full Version : How goes it?

Bereaver
05-31-2009, 10:11 AM
It's all about the first step.

My name is James. I'm a 24 yo American living in Shanghai.

I started loving anime when I was young, watching the same things as most of the others do.

I always stumble over myself when writing online as to what to say simply because I can erase it before anyone sees it.... so... I'll just write without erasing and see how it comes out.

I have this anime idea in my head.... pounding.... non stop.... I've been thinking about it for two years actually.... and ever so often, like tonight, my feeling gets so strong that I try to reach out again and find out more information about how things are done.

I can't draw and I really can't do "in between" conversation as good as i would like to.... but I believe in my plots..... I believe in my outlines.....

But..... the first step is the most important step. And I simply just don't know where to go.

*venturing outside anime for a second *(sorry)

I also have a few other stories as well... that... I just don't know where to start.

back on topic.

So yeah, I just don't know where to start. I can sit here and think about it all I want, but it will never get anywhere without a first step.

Would it be to much of me to say that even in an unknown status if I had a good drawer for only a 25 to 30 second teaser that I could have some people on their knees?

I really really really, don't want to sound full of myself, so let me ask you a question.

Those of you that had a "good" idea in the past.... Weren't you first afraid to tell your story to your friends even if it was just a little bit....

About a year ago... I ventured out of my fear and told a few of my anime bud's a rough outline of my story with some small dialogue here and there....

After I finished.... I had them a little bit frustrated... not for wasting time but because I didn't have anymore thought out. But as I said.... I'm not so good at the inbetweens.

One of my friends owns hundreds of anime's..... while my other friend has tons of fanhood on deviantart. Both were confused on how someone of lower anime knowledge could come up with a story that could keep them interested after watching/knowing almost all there is to know.

Ok ok ok, this is getting long, so I'm just gonna stop here and check back tomorrow. E3, yay.

The question : What is the first step?

Daken.
05-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi and welcome to AF
you sound like a interesting person =]
ever need a friend just PM me.

Necro'lic Enigma
05-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Hmm.....

Welcome to af , follow the rules here.
Hope you stay here for a long time.

Tenshi Ja Nai
05-31-2009, 11:45 AM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6763/z49fe977754ca5.gif

Have fun and thanks for joining!

Yoko Littner
05-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Very interesting introduction o-o anyways welcome to the community and well I hope your time here is swell and full of joy.

Well yea, if you ever need a friend or any help with the anime forums private message me and I will answer as soon as I notice the message.

Deadly Kiss
05-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi there and welcome.

Seta Souji
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi James and welcome to AF. A very interesting intro but I can most definitely relate to what you are saying. Like you, I am more talented in the "screenplay/script" department and not so much in the "illustration." I also have a story of my own and it took me quite a long time to build up the courage to share it with my closest friends. So far I only have about 6 1/2 rough draft pages and still learning how to edit them on Manga Studio. Not only that, I'm still learning how to draw lol.

You're question, What is the first step? Have more confidence in your work. If you are truly planning on making this 'dream/idea' a reality then how do you expect to share this to the world if you don't have 100% faith that ppl will like it?

Next be open minded. People are going to criticize you. Listen and try to view their points from their perspective. It will not only help you to withstand flaming, it can give you new ideas, let you know what the people like, and may possibly improve your story.

Whoa this is getting too long for an intro thread so I'll just say 1 more thing. This community is filled with nice and funny people so just have fun, make lots of friends, and hope to see you around :laugh:.

~*Red*~
06-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Hey hey and welcome :)

Gero50
06-01-2009, 01:51 AM
Welcome to AF, very nice intro there man. Oh and I would not worry about not having as much anime knowledge as some people its not biggy. I hope you enjoy it here and learn a lot more too.
If you want a little help or just need a friend I am always open to new friends. So just pm me whenever and I'll be your friend and help if you want.:)

Good Luck ^_^

OtakuInu!!!
06-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Hi.

Welcome to Anime Forum.

PM me if you want.

>_<

Bereaver
06-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I would like to add something that I "forgot" to put in my intro because well, it has to do with me forgetting too lol.

I can be extremely ADD at times.... and I do mean extremely.

But this has it's good sides and bad sides.

Bad sides is... I'll be in the middle of a conversation and lose track of thought thinking of something cool lol. Another bad side is, I often think of two things that are cool at the same time, and end up forgetting one or something else that's important lol.

On the good side, I can really come up with some good things.

Bun-chan
06-01-2009, 03:29 AM
hi, welcome to anime forum! :D you sound interesting, so i think youll enjoy it here and have fun ^_^ if you want to you cam pm me, but im not that interesting, haha ;D

Ms. Lucy
06-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey there and welcome to AF!
I hope you have fun times and gain great friends!
If you need a friend or anything else, pm me.

*~Lilium~*

BeuWolve
06-02-2009, 07:56 AM
welcome to af
Enjoy and have fun.

IFS
06-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi there, Welcome to AF, take care, and have fun

Elphaba
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
welcome to the forums.
see you later.

RJ169
06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
hi welcome to AF

kajikun16
06-03-2009, 10:47 PM
welcome here on af feel free to pm me if you want a friend and have fun

Heinekenrana
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello, and welcome. :)

Foph
06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the site, James. Hope you enjoy it. Have some more confidence in your work. ; )