PDA

View Full Version : E3

Bulf
05-26-2009, 08:37 AM
What are you looking forward to seeing/hearing about at E3?
I really want to see a new Mario, this time. And maybe some details about Final Fantasy 13.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope Bungie are going to realese more details about Halo ODST.

Nintendo are going to show a new Legend of Zelda on Wii

Rem Nightfall
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
You got tickets to go to E3. I thought they weren't opening it to the public any more? How the hell do you get to go? Supreme jealous right now.
And if you mean on telly. Then I want to see some news on a 5th Elder Scrolls game. Supposedly ones in production and to come 2010.

Storm Strife
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
You got tickets to go to E3. I thought they weren't opening it to the public any more? How the hell do you get to go? Supreme jealous right now.

He probably meant the news that comes out of E3. As for public attendance, it's been reopened to all "qualified computer and gaming audiences."

As for what I'll be looking for, probably Assassins Creed II, Mass Effect II, Bioshock 2, and CoD6. Depending on what else is announced to be shown, I'll look at news on those as well.

I have to say though, damn the swine flu. Thanks to that, Capcom won't be demoing Dead Rising 2.

Atsui Sake
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I look forward to hearing about Dragon Age: Origins. Supposed to be a highly anticipated game. I also looking forward to seeing anything on Assassin's Creed 2.

Kojack
05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing if Sony announces a new PSP and what sort of software they'll have for it. I wonder if it'll have a touchscreen and/or 2 analogue sticks. The idea of digital distribution intrigues me, as well.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if Sony announces a new PSP and what sort of software they'll have for it. I wonder if it'll have a touchscreen and/or 2 analogue sticks. The idea of digital distribution intrigues me, as well.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2.

The last i heard about PSP they were trying to do something with downloads or something along those lines so i doubt they will make a new PSP even though its been long overdue.

Storm Strife
05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
The last i heard about PSP they were trying to do something with downloads or something along those lines so i doubt they will make a new PSP even though its been long overdue.

Sony has actually previously announced plans for a PSP2. Initial concept images include this:

http://www.techdigest.tv/psp2-concept2.jpg

However, I haven't been following that bit of news for a while now, so unless something definite has come up, take it with a grain of salt.

Atsui Sake
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I would actually like to see what both Sony and Nintendo have in store for their next portables. PSP and NDS have been around long enough for them both to announce something new. But I'm not expecting any word on such until next year. It would also be interesting to see if Microsoft plans to join the handheld competition.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I would actually like to see what both Sony and Nintendo have in store for their next portables. PSP and NDS have been around long enough for them both to announce something new. But I'm not expecting any word on such until next year. It would also be interesting to see if Microsoft plans to join the handheld competition.

Nintendo have just realesed the DSi so they wont be making a new handheld anytime soon.

Kojack
05-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I would be very surprised (and disappointed!) if Sony did not bring out a new PSP with their download service. Like Storm Strife pointed out, the rumour-mill is pumping out hints at a new PSP; it would make perfect business sense to release a new system with the download service, since they could be marketed hand-in-hand. In fact, I'd imagine marketing the download service would be harder without a physical product to sell.

Ωmega
05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I plan to watch E3, but my biggest concern would be the possible announcement of Fatal Frame being released in America.

Im also interested to see if the rumors about the Xbox 720 and the Wii 2 are true

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I plan to watch E3, but my biggest concern would be the possible announcement of Fatal Frame being released in America.

Im also interested to see if the rumors about the Xbox 720 and the Wii 2 are true

Really rumors about Wii 2 allready? Im not sure if its true but the Xbox 720 is due for realese in 2011 i think.

Atsui Sake
05-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Nintendo have just realesed the DSi so they wont be making a new handheld anytime soon.

Like I said, I don't think we would be hearing about it for about another year. Besides, there's always the development period, which usually continues anywhere between 1 to 2 years after announcement. And besides, the Gameboy Advance SP retailed in NA March, 2003, then NDS came out in NA November 2004.

Khanxay
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
720 is a stupid number imo. I say they go straight to 900. "OMG 900?! That's more than TWICE the 360."

Storm Strife
05-26-2009, 01:07 PM
And besides, the Gameboy Advance SP retailed in NA March, 2003, then NDS came out in NA November 2004.

The difference between those, though, is that unlike the SP, the DSi will actually have its own range of games in the future. Now, they're free to announce a new handheld in a years time if they wish, but were I an exec, I would honestly prefer to give it a bit more time to gain as much profit from the new exclusive games before saying "Hey, look, new console, ignore the DSi."

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Im not counting on hearing anything about a new console or handheld from anyone to be honest.

Drifter Uk
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
The only thing I really care about is what Harmonix plan to announce.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-26-2009, 02:18 PM
The only thing I really care about is what Harmonix plan to announce.

Lego Rock band, the beatles rock band and Rock band on psp.

rf switch
05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Sony has actually previously announced plans for a PSP2. Initial concept images include this:

http://www.techdigest.tv/psp2-concept2.jpg

However, I haven't been following that bit of news for a while now, so unless something definite has come up, take it with a grain of salt.
Sony hasn't actually announced anything themselves yet. Everything about PSP2 or PSP Go! has all been rumors leaked out by 1up.com or some 3rd party developers.

So everyone seems to be expecting Sony to announce the next PSP which is supposed to have a sliding touch screen and be digital download only with no UMD.

Drifter Uk
05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Lego Rock band, the beatles rock band and Rock band on psp.

I meant in terms of downloads, probably should've actually written that. I think last year they announced what albums were gonna be dlc for the following year
Im hoping they'll do the same this year

Atsui Sake
05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
The difference between those, though, is that unlike the SP, the DSi will actually have its own range of games in the future. Now, they're free to announce a new handheld in a years time if they wish, but were I an exec, I would honestly prefer to give it a bit more time to gain as much profit from the new exclusive games before saying "Hey, look, new console, ignore the DSi."

Yes, I do see your point. I had forgotten about the future DSi exclusives.

Rem Nightfall
05-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I like the concept of the PSP2 that looks sweet. :)

Kojack
05-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention: every year I hope for a Mega Man Legends 3 announcement. The chances are slim, but if Capcom were to announce MML3, as well as 1 and 2 for release on PSN, I would never need another E3 as long as I lived.

On a more reasonable note, I'm hoping for a Monster Hunter 3 North American date announcement.

Atsui Sake
05-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Another game I would like to see there is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. But from I've heard, there's some fear of the swine flu, so Squenix might not be there to feature it.

Kojack
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Kojima is going to announce something Big Boss-related (http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/index.html). Maybe it will be a more Western-style game, since he went to visit Infinity Ward and whatnot.

Looks like it's also Raiden-related (http://kotaku.com/5270922/first-big-boss-and-then-raiden).

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-28-2009, 01:49 AM
I want to hear more on Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. God of War III, and Final Fantasy XIII.

Seta Souji
05-28-2009, 03:41 AM
That psp2 looks pretty kool.
I want to hear more on Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. God of War III, and Final Fantasy XIII.I also want to see more on God of War III and the new Final Fantasies. Assassin's creed 2 also looks pretty kool. Never been to E3 and I'm not sure if I can afford it now so I probably won't go.

Storm Strife
05-28-2009, 11:13 AM
After read up a little more on Army of Two: The 40th Day, I'm quite interested in seeing a little more of that.

StabWound
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
The Team Ico project and Kojima's new game.

The Nightingale
06-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I enjoyed watching it.

One game is all I wanted to hear about though.

The Old Republic.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
The old republic looks awesome I loved KOTOR 1 & 2 on Xbox but im not sure how well it will play in MMO.

Storm Strife
06-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I just found out about Milo. I'm instantly wondering what kind of stuff 4chan can get him to do or say.

The Old Republic interests me slightly, but the problem for me is that it's an MMO, meaning I'm going to miss out on it.

Rex Cars
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM
God of War III and Dante's Inferno are looking very attractive.

FFXIII looks amazing, too.

And it'd be fantastic if they'd release it in this century.