PDA

View Full Version : First Wallpaper...

RocK
12-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey all! I created my first wallpaper, but it seems like it's either missing something or something needs to be taken away. Anyway....what do you all think??

Candy-chan
12-08-2003, 04:21 PM
very good for a first!
you should work more on the edge of your char. make it blend with the backgr.
that all ive seen for re-touching!
nice

Kenryoku_Maxis
12-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Looks pretty good in my views from style and quality. But for the silver mixing, you might need to work on it in Photoshop or if you did, with some different filters and maybe lighting effects + layer options. Kinda hard to describe without some major Tutorials on Photoshop....

And yeah, the Edges are jagged. Sometimes pictures just look that way when they are cut out and nothing can be done but other times you just need to go back and cut it out again with a cleaner cut.

Still, its a good design. If anything, try to submit it, if not improving on it. :D

omicron_15
12-08-2003, 05:11 PM
The bg is intersting Looks like liquid silver, I dont like the blending though on redx and maybe you could add some more elements good first wall.

escaflownemoon
12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
I think it is a nice wallpaper, but the tail of the fire is a little too fake for me because of the cut out I guess...umm maybe putting something over it to cover it up to hide the problem or change the opacity level to your liking allow most of him to be visible and some features like the tail almost blend into the bg. I hope that helps. ;)

RocK
12-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Hey, thanks all for the suggestions. Later this week I'll fix it up a bit, knew it kind of looked funny. But, it was pretty fun to make. Thanks again! :)

Miko
12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
It's a pretty good start; but you should try not putting the filter on the character, and just leaving it as it is.

wizz-o-matic
12-09-2003, 03:33 AM
I agree with Miko, I don't like the effect on the character (it's to much of it, maybe try to make less effect). And also some shaddow would be welcomed.

Good start.

_hades the wicked
12-09-2003, 09:27 PM
OK, here we go... Another new artist around...
First thing: Don't add too visible eyecandy on your stuff... It makes it look cheap. (like that fire on Red's tail)
Second thing: Don't add filters to the main pic. Edit it as you will, but don't make things that will distort it or something like that. You need something to be the subject, and to be visible, and that is the main pic.
Third thing: Find suitable colors to fit the pic. Makes the wall much more appreciatable and much better. Choose your colors well.
Fourth thing: When you're gonna make an abstract background to your wall, make it so that the texture kinda fits with the pic's, and make something that in some way fits the pic as well. For example, something more firy for Red XIII, or something more smooth and delicated if you're gonna use Aeris, and so on.

Your wall is not bad for a start. Actually, I can safely say it is way better than my first wall was. It really sucked.
All you need now is some experience. Practice with new filter combinations for backgrounds and different brushes and editting the pic with levels and contrast. Just keep practicing :)