PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock 2

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Anyone interested. This game looks very good. I'm going off and going to buy it when it comes out. Here's a video: Bioshock 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nNcNktCHY0&feature=popular)

wowzabunny
05-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh i thought it was a good game, maybe i should buy it

Yoko Littner
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree with Rem and Wowza, I'm planning to buy the game and I cannot wait to get it and start playing =]

Eris
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Looks pretty neat. The BioShock series is good, but it isn't quite as awesome as the System Shock games, but there's not a whole lot of people around to remember those.

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Looks pretty neat. The BioShock series is good, but it isn't quite as awesome as the System Shock games, but there's not a whole lot of people around to remember those.

Yeah System Shock is cool. But Bioshock is quite good, I think the best of this year of shooters.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
The first bioshock is one of my fav games on 360 but i heard someone else is making this one i hope they dont screw up. Also cant wait to play it online.

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 05:53 PM
Another video:

Bioshock 2 Teaser Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2hewPBQh0&feature=related)

Drifter Uk
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
After I watched the 9 minute video review of the demo that was floating around the other day, I went back and played through Bioshock 1. I forgot how awesome it was, so I'm definitely gonna get it when it's released

Would You Kindly tell me when it's supposed to be released?

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
After I watched the 9 minute video review of the demo that was floating around the other day, I went back and played through Bioshock 1. I forgot how awesome it was, so I'm definitely gonna get it when it's released

Would You Kindly tell me when it's supposed to be released?

I dont think thier is a realese date yet but i would say november.

Drifter Uk
05-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Awesome, sounds about right to be honest

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm so going to be battling Bioshock nerds just to get this on release day.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't wait for it this and dead rising 2 are the game highlights of the year for me. definitly going to have to preorder so i can get my hands on a collectors edition this time.

Eris
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM

More likely that they'll release in December. That way they can cash in on the X-mash shopping.

Drifter Uk
05-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I can't wait for it this and dead rising 2 are the game highlights of the year for me. definitly going to have to preorder so i can get my hands on a collectors edition this time.

Same here, I actually forgot about Dead Rising 2. Also looking forward to Modern Warfare 2. I'm gonna be broke at the end of November...

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Same here, I actually forgot about Dead Rising 2. Also looking forward to Modern Warfare 2. I'm gonna be broke at the end of November...

Modern warfare 2 is just about the only game i don't want.

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
More likely that they'll release in December. That way they can cash in on the X-mash shopping.

That sounds even a little better release date.

Eris
05-20-2009, 07:02 PM
That sounds even a little better release date.

It's how it usually rolls. Though there's a fair chance of some sort of delay. If they say Q4 2009, I usually read that as Q1 or Q2 2010 at the earliest.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Ive just been looking and its due for release sometime in october.

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Ive just been looking and its due for release sometime in october.

As I said I will beat the living crud of out of anyone buying that game. I want this one on the day it comes out.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-20-2009, 07:16 PM
As I said I will beat the living crud of out of anyone buying that game. I want this one on the day it comes out.

your best off preordering, most games ive preordered got to me a day before the release.

Rem Nightfall
05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
your best off preordering, most games ive preordered got to me a day before the release.

I beat the man who bought it preordered and steal it. hahahhahahahahaa. :laugh: I kid.

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM

The last game I pre-ordered was Assassins Creed. It came like a week late. Plus my local Gamestation has a strange ability never to run out of any games, so I dont really need to pre - order games

My friend just sent me this about Bioshock 2. Thought someone may be interested
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214600

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
The last game I pre-ordered was Assassins Creed. It came like a week late. Plus my local Gamestation has a strange ability never to run out of any games, so I dont really need to pre - order games

My friend just sent me this about Bioshock 2. Thought someone may be interested
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214600

where did you preorder from?

my gamestation has the strange ability to put the wrong game in the case and scrach it while doing so.

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
where did you preorder from?

my gamestation has the strange ability to put the wrong game in the case and scrach it while doing so.

Pre ordered from Play.com. The most annoying thing was the fact Gamestation had a lot of copies everytime I walked past.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Pre ordered from Play.com. The most annoying thing was the fact Gamestation had a lot of copies everytime I walked past.

If i preorder a game and i dont get it by the realese day i buy it from the shop and send the other one back when it gets to me.

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
If i preorder a game and i dont get it by the realese day i buy it from the shop and send the other one back when it gets to me.

I would have done, but Play.com had taken the money from my account, effectively leaving me broke

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 05:24 PM
I would have done, but Play.com had taken the money from my account, effectively leaving me broke

Damn that was unlucky.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Wow, that's. I wouldn't go that far.

Bioshock got me listening to that old style music, like How Much is that doggy in the window. The one with the waggy tail. And no matter how often I listen to that kind of music. My head still goes back to Bioshock.
Anyone...does this happen to you?

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow, that's. I wouldn't go that far.

Bioshock got me listening to that old style music, like How Much is that doggy in the window. The one with the waggy tail. And no matter how often I listen to that kind of music. My head still goes back to Bioshock.
Anyone...does this happen to you?

no......

Legend of the Twilight
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM
It looks very creepy and unappealing.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
It looks very creepy and unappealing.

I love how creepy the first one was. The atmosphere on that game was awsome.

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I love how creepy the first one was. The atmosphere on that game was awsome.

Its what made the game awesome. Its also what stops my Dad from playing it...

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Its what made the game awesome. Its also what stops my Dad from playing it...

I always get freaked out when ever i hear the big daddys foot steps and i can't find it, and the little sisters creepy voices. :sweatdrop

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I always get freaked out when ever i hear the big daddys foot steps and i can't find it, and the little sisters creepy voices. :sweatdrop

The one bit that really creeped me out in that game was the bit in the dentists office. You go in and theres an empty chair. the screen clouds over as you approach, and clears leavng a corpse on the chair.
as you turn round to leave, you notice a cabinet covered in eve hypos, so you go up to it and the screen clouds over again then clears, although nothing's changed.
as you turn round, theres a splicer standing about 2 fet behind you, just staring at you.
that really made me jump

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
The one bit that really creeped me out in that game was the bit in the dentists office. You go in and theres an empty chair. the screen clouds over as you approach, and clears leavng a corpse on the chair.
as you turn round to leave, you notice a cabinet covered in eve hypos, so you go up to it and the screen clouds over again then clears, although nothing's changed.
as you turn round, theres a splicer standing about 2 fet behind you, just staring at you.
that really made me jump

I don't remember that part how fae into the game was it?

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I remember that time. There were several times, when splicers would just get from behind you and do that.
You know what made me jump in Bioshock.....when those "dead" splicers got up from being dead.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 06:10 PM
how about at the stat when your in the lift and you see splicer shadows runing across the screen.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 06:19 PM
how about at the stat when your in the lift and you see splicer shadows runing across the screen.

I think the first time you actually were in the tank and that splicer was trying to get in and you first meet atlas...that was pretty freaky too.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-21-2009, 06:22 PM
all this talk of bioshock makes me want to preorder bioshock 2 right now but i got no monies :(

Drifter Uk
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't remember that part how fae into the game was it?

it was in the first area, it was somewhere you didnt need to go. I got lost and ended up there

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
all this talk of bioshock makes me want to preorder bioshock 2 right now but i got no monies :(

Me neither. Rawr. I want Bioshock 2 as well.

Seta Souji
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
The only reason why I want an xbox360. My laptop probably can't handle the second one. I love creepy games and the first one was awesome. One of the best voice acting, music, and sound effects I've heard in a game. The story is also very interesting.

Rem Nightfall
05-21-2009, 10:56 PM
The only reason why I want an xbox360. My laptop probably can't handle the second one. I love creepy games and the first one was awesome. One of the best voice acting, music, and sound effects I've heard in a game. The story is also very interesting.

Let's hope Bioshokc 2 lives up to the beauty of Bioshock.

The Governator
05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
The fact you play a Big Daddy has made me cream my pants, I am so gonna get this, I will get it release day if my PC can run it.

System Shock is better, but Bioshock is just as good, cannot wait now for Bioshock 2.

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
The fact you play a Big Daddy has made me cream my pants, I am so gonna get this, I will get it release day if my PC can run it.

System Shock is better, but Bioshock is just as good, cannot wait now for Bioshock 2.

A little off topic, I love your signature.

System Shock was and is great. But I think Bioshock is quite close to System Shock.

Eris
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
A little off topic, I love your signature.

System Shock was and is great. But I think Bioshock is quite close to System Shock.

The mechanics are similar, but the plot doesn't compare. The Many are infinitely more creepy than anything in BioShock. And SHODAN is made of success and win.

Rem Nightfall
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
The mechanics are similar, but the plot doesn't compare. The Many are infinitely more creepy than anything in BioShock. And SHODAN is made of success and win.

That's true. But for me gaming has always been the environment. And System Shock was amazing the environment sucked me in and everything. Same way Bioshock did.

lowellgallagher
05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for advice. I'll surely play it next week. ;)

Light Buster
05-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Same here. Getting Bioshock 2 and Modern Warfare 2 is going to kill my savings.

Sparda
05-31-2009, 12:28 AM
im so getting bioshock 2 after i beat bioshock 1 multiple times, just hearing about bioshock 2 made me go play bioshock over again

Gero50
05-31-2009, 04:08 PM
It looks pretty sick as in a very good game. I like that you can play a Big Daddy, though it looks to me that his weapons are going to be a little harder to control.

Brojasu
06-02-2009, 02:54 AM
I think they should have left Bioshock alone. The 1st began and ended perfectly, it doesn't need a sequel.

*sigh* Good games are always having their series milked and mucked up by people who want to get quick cash (ie. FF7, DW, CoD, EA sports anything, GH, and now this)

Eris
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I think they should have left Bioshock alone. The 1st began and ended perfectly, it doesn't need a sequel.

*sigh* Good games are always having their series milked and mucked up by people who want to get quick cash (ie. FF7, DW, CoD, EA sports anything, GH, and now this)

The point would have been more valid if BioShock wasn't already more or less a remake of an older, already perfect game.

Storm Strife
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I think they should have left Bioshock alone. The 1st began and ended perfectly

Except for the fact that the karma system, once again, resulted in extremes without any middle ground, no matter if you only harvested one little sister.

Eris
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Except for the fact that the karma system, once again, resulted in extremes without any middle ground, no matter if you only harvested one little sister.

I didn't get the whole little sister thing. I mean, what the hell? So what? It's some brat. I wanted to shoot them in the face. Taking actions that resulted in the destruction of entire settlements in Fallout 3, now that was morally interesting. Given that most people in my generation has been reducing video game characters to mounds of flesh since they were 8 or 9 years old, it's just not enough to be even eyebrow rising to kill some little girl.

Storm Strife
06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Personally, I didn't really feel any different harvesting one of them than I did killing a splicer. Towards the end of the game, I found myself harvesting them on the odd occasion due to the fact it brings in more ADAM, regardless of any end game consequences.

Meanwhile, when it came to forcing Zaalbar to backstab Mission Vao in KOTOR 1, I found myself a little hesitant and intrigued.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Personally, I didn't really feel any different harvesting one of them than I did killing a splicer. Towards the end of the game, I found myself harvesting them on the odd occasion due to the fact it brings in more ADAM, regardless of any end game consequences.

Meanwhile, when it came to forcing Zaalbar to backstab Mission Vao in KOTOR 1, I found myself a little hesitant and intrigued.

You got more adam if you saved the little sisters.

Storm Strife
06-02-2009, 11:07 AM
You got more adam if you saved the little sisters.

That I know, but you get that ADAM after certain numbers of little sisters are saved when they give you gifts, and until then you only get the 80 ADAM. Meanwhile, the 160 ADAM you get by harvesting is instantaneous. All it results in is a question of do you rescue her and wait patiently for the next gift bundle, or do you harvest her to take immediate advantage of the initial higher ADAM gain?

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-02-2009, 11:38 AM
That I know, but you get that ADAM after certain numbers of little sisters are saved when they give you gifts, and until then you only get the 80 ADAM. Meanwhile, the 160 ADAM you get by harvesting is instantaneous. All it results in is a question of do you rescue her and wait patiently for the next gift bundle, or do you harvest her to take immediate advantage of the initial higher ADAM gain?
I didn't think the early game was so hard that it warrented it, anyway.

Ryuuzaki HD
06-02-2009, 12:31 PM

It depends i was loving every minite of the game so I wasnt in any hurry to get ADAM or finish the game.