View Full Version : FFXIII, Star Ocean (The Last Hope), and The Last Remnant

05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Three questions concerning these 3 games.

Okay.. So of course we all know that FFXIII is coming out for Xbox 360 (yay!), but... does anyone know if it's going to be a multi-player capability?

Is Star Ocean: The Last Hope really worth buying?

Is The Last Remnant really worth buying?

Seņor Nobody
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
According to a friend of mine, the only thing troublesome about Star Ocean is that you cannot cancel actions you selected. I'm not sure about the other two.

I hope FFXIII is good.

05-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Thank you for helping me Itachi. You are very helpful! +Rep!

rf switch
05-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I have no idea if FFXIII will have multiplayer. But if it did I would think it would be like past FF's where the 2nd player just takes control of one of the characters during battle. Apparently though the X360 version isn't going to have both the Japanese & English voices like the PS3 version will, due to space constraints and the X360 version only getting a Western release anyways.

Star Ocean 4...well it's supposed to have some really bad voice acting and localization.

and Last Remnant. I hear that if you're not a Square fanboy It's OK at best. and If you're a fanboy you're not going to admit it's OK at best....Installing it on your 360's HDD is the best way to go too.

Legend of the Twilight
05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
A friend of mine has Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It is amazing from what I've seen. The graphics are just spectacular. The battle system looks similar to previous ones. The storyline (according to my friend) is pretty damn good. All the characters are interesting (from what I've seen while watching my friend play).

05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
The Last Hope is good as long as you ignore the bad voice acting. The combat is what makes it worth playing. Battles are fun and engaging since you can't just mash one or two buttons to win a battle (Unless you're playing Earth difficulty but otherwise prepare to die).

Oh yeah, Kishiro wrote a quick article on it on animeglobe (http://www.animeglobe.com/articles/2009/03/02/video-games/star-ocean-preivew-xb360/index.html).