PDA

View Full Version : Yor Favourite Horror theme based games

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Well , I m GAmer Freak .... i play mostly survival horror games , on my ps3 and pc , recent games i,ve played are resident evil 4,5 fallout 3 , obscure series and the Silent hill series .

through this thread i want your views on survival horror games and also some idea on other horror theme based games . I hope u all will help me .

ICHIGO

JIMBO.
05-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Exstermination for the ps2

its kinda a rip off of the movie the thing but the aliens dont hide and hate the cold plus the infection takes over the wholes base you are in as the game goes on.

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm probably maybe one of thee only who like:

Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3. Yes that is survival horror.

Jericho, based on the books it isn't that bad of a game

F.E.A.R., what a good game it will give you some chills

You can try:

Fatal Frame

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm probably maybe one of thee only who like:

Doom, Doom 2, and Doom 3. Yes that is survival horror.

Jericho, based on the books it isn't that bad of a game

F.E.A.R., what a good game it will give you some chills

You can try:

Fatal Frame

i played doom 3 , but it got repetative , cause the mistake i did was i played quake 4 before doom 3 ..... (jerk friends made me buy quake4)
the graphic engiene/game play is quite similiar ...

and i m searching for fatal frame like thirsty person searches for water in the desert .... stupid indians... ~_~ all pirated vesions um offered ...which i dont ever buy ....

F.E.A.R ... i'll try that for sure

and have u guys played kuon on the ps2 ?? That was some pretty scary Sheeet !_!

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
i played doom 3 , but it got repetative , cause the mistake i did was i played quake 4 before doom 3 ..... (jerk friends made me buy quake4)
the graphic engiene/game play is quite similiar ...

and i m searching for fatal frame like thirsty person searches for water in the desert .... stupid indians... ~_~ all pirated vesions um offered ...which i dont ever buy ....

F.E.A.R ... i'll try that for sure

and have u guys played kuon on the ps2 ?? That was some pretty scary Sheeet !_!

All games are repetitive don't get me started. Yeah Fatal Frame is a hard one to find.

I'll look Kuon up see if it is my style.

See I don't like the type like Silent Hill and Resident Evil much because I hate not being able to shoot while moving. You have to stand like an idiot shooting at something.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 10:38 PM
All games are repetitive don't get me started. Yeah Fatal Frame is a hard one to find.

I'll look Kuon up see if it is my style.

See I don't like the type like Silent Hill and Resident Evil much because I hate not being able to shoot while moving. You have to stand like an idiot shooting at something.

REsident evil 4 hence was the best survival horror game on the ps2 i suppose.

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 10:42 PM
REsident evil 4 hence was the best survival horror game on the ps2 i suppose.

I don't quite agree. I don't like the interactive cut scenes. The reason they are cut scenes are they a break from me busting nearly an hour on your hour long level. In RE4 I think the interactions go by to fast as well. A lot faster then what is humanly possible. A blink, um what.

I think Doom 3 is better, compared to RE4.

Quake is good...and its better then Doom, but I think it was somehow changed when it became modernized.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't quite agree. I don't like the interactive cut scenes. The reason they are cut scenes are they a break from me busting nearly an hour on your hour long level. In RE4 I think the interactions go by to fast as well. A lot faster then what is humanly possible. A blink, um what.

I think Doom 3 is better, compared to RE4.

Quake is good...and its better then Doom, but I think it was somehow changed when it became modernized.

Quite opposite for me , i loved the action/cut scenes , they brought a whole new levlel of adrenaline rush in resident evil series for me i have to say .

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Quite opposite for me , i loved the action/cut scenes , they brought a whole new levlel of adrenaline rush in resident evil series for me i have to say .

I don't agree. I think it brought a whole new level of annoyance.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't agree. I think it brought a whole new level of annoyance.

Annoyance ...

for u - Yes

for me - No

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Annoyance ...

for u - Yes

for me - No

That is fine. And Annoyance....as I said did a whole hour level, need rest my mind...fought a boss oh look enemy of awesomeness comes in interactive cut scene no no no I fought the boss not this.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
can u tell me exactly after which boss an iteractive cut scence occured?

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 11:09 PM
can u tell me exactly after which boss an iteractive cut scence occured?

That was an example. I don't think that ever occurred. Just an example to my level of...ugh.

Ωmega
05-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Survival horror is my favorite genre. My all time favorite game/series?

FATAL FRAME

Especially the fourth game for the Wii.

Ive played The Darkness, Jericho, FEAR, Dead Space, Silent Hill [2, 3, Origins and Homecoming], Rule of Rose, Alone in the Dark, Dementium, Doom 3, Indigo Prophecy, Condemned 2, Manhunt 1 and 2....umm....I know theres more that I just cant think of.

At any point, Fatal Frame is my favorite of the bunch. I love how you dont have guns and chainsaws, you just have a camera. And you arent some big, tough army dude either, youre this tiny little Japanese girl. Plus, the rituals are usually pretty freaking twisted, though they seem to get a bit watered down as the series progresses [one being the best ritual. I mean, the blinding ritual is just pure awesomeness].

Um...ok, Im gonna stop myself here before I go on a tangent xD

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM

FATAL FRAME

Ive played The Darkness, Jericho, FEAR, Dead Space, Silent Hill [2, 3, Origins and Homecoming], Rule of Rose, Alone in the Dark, Dementium, Doom 3, Indigo Prophecy, Condemned 2, Manhunt 1 and 2....umm....I know theres more that I just cant think of.

At any point, Fatal Frame is my favorite of the bunch. I love how you dont have guns and chainsaws, you just have a camera. And you arent some big, tough army dude either, youre this tiny little Japanese girl. Plus, the rituals are usually pretty freaking twisted, though they seem to get a bit watered down as the series progresses [one being the best ritual. I mean, the blinding ritual is just pure awesomeness].

I've wanted to play Indigo Prophecy. As well as Fatal Frame. Though Fatal Frame appears to be one of those rare games.

I like Killer 7...though not sure that is survival horror.

Seta Souji
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Quite opposite for me , i loved the action/cut scenes , they brought a whole new levlel of adrenaline rush in resident evil series for me i have to say . I also agree with Ichigo, I like RE4 MUCH more than Doom 3. I liked the cut scenes and how some of them were interactive. There are also more things you can blow up, shoot, and move to your advantage in RE4. The environment was mostly the same in every level in Doom. "Oh no, another room that has absolutely no lighting."

But then again we are talking about an FPS and a survival/action game, which are 2 very different types of games.

Anyways I would have to pick F.E.A.R. as my favorite horror theme based game. First time I got spooked by one.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 11:18 PM

FATAL FRAME

Thats a lot of games !!!

fatal frame ...if the gods have mercy on me ... i will somehow find atleast 1 copy in india ...

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Anyways I would have to pick F.E.A.R. as my favorite horror theme based game. First time I got spooked by one.

F.E.A.R. is a really good game, it does give me chills at times. I played that game twice and it scared me.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 11:26 PM
F.E.A.R. is a really good game, it does give me chills at times. I played that game twice and it scared me.

i really have to play this game ..... or should i go directly for F.E.A.R 2 ?

Seta Souji
05-11-2009, 11:26 PM

The first one was MUCH more scarier than the second one (the newest one on ps3/xbox360). The part where u go down the ladder and see her watching u was the best!

Rem Nightfall
05-11-2009, 11:32 PM
The first one was MUCH more scarier than the second one (the newest one on ps3/xbox360). The part where u go down the ladder and see her watching u was the best!

Or when you were walking behind the elevators and just out of the corner of your eye you see her staring at you from the doors. Oh god. The ladder thing scared me the first time playing it. It was like oh dear god.

Ichigo go for F.E.A.R. you'll need to know the story before you go onto the second one. And F.E.A.R. you're in for some freakin chills.

_-Anonymous-_
05-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Or when you were walking behind the elevators and just out of the corner of your eye you see her staring at you from the doors. Oh god. The ladder thing scared me the first time playing it. It was like oh dear god.

Ichigo go for F.E.A.R. you'll need to know the story before you go onto the second one. And F.E.A.R. you're in for some freakin chills.

That definately makes more sense .... um on my way

Ryuuzaki HD
05-12-2009, 01:48 AM
if you want a scary game try hannah montana that scared the c*** out of me

_-Anonymous-_
05-17-2009, 07:49 AM
if you want a scary game try hannah montana that scared the c*** out of me

lol !!! xD

well i played fear a little bit . But my cousins blabbered all the walkthroughs of the game infront of me and there is no surprise element left for me in the game -_-

guess i'll try searching for fatal frame , today eveneing again ...

Blanc
05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
My favorite horror based game of all time is the Resident Evil series. I have played them all except the 5th one and I really cannot wait to give the game a chance.

Heinekenrana
05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
The Suffering and The Suffering:Ties That Bind were both pretty freaky. (Yes, they're somewhat crap games, but I like them.) TTB is a bit worse because when you can hear people's thoughts... eegh. Squicky, some of them.

Also, Silent Hill always gets me because phones ringing when they're not supposed to work = instant freak-out.

KillerDragonX
05-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Mine would have to be Left 4 Dead and FEAR 2, both amazing horror games

Hamashimura
05-23-2009, 04:25 PM

Yeah...it's exactly as Maru said...
Same goes for me,Fatal Frame has to be my favorite horror survival game of all times...
First game in series as the best,and others are closely following it...
The overall idea is very good,and is nicely pulled out...the main characters are amazing,small,tiny and cute,instead of big,husky,muscular ones that are fighting against the armies of enemies...
You are this tiny little girl and you are fighting against ghosts with only your camera...
Good enough for me,I was never into big,husky characters...
SO I tried it and fell in love with it...
It was,and it seems will always remain my favorite horror survival game of all time...
It is THE GAME amongst the games...

Phylloh
05-23-2009, 05:08 PM
parasite eve anyone remember that lol good games

_-Anonymous-_
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
The Suffering and The Suffering:Ties That Bind were both pretty freaky. (Yes, they're somewhat crap games, but I like them.) TTB is a bit worse because when you can hear people's thoughts... eegh. Squicky, some of them.

Also, Silent Hill always gets me because phones ringing when they're not supposed to work = instant freak-out.

well ... these two games made me laugh actualy .... they wore not at all scary.... well they tried but failed ..... i loved F.E.A.R , Kuon , Fatal frame thanks to ur suggestions ppl .

just let me know if there are some others games i should look for.

Legend of the Twilight
05-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Koudelka is a horror RPG. It's awesome.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM
[/color][/b]

well ... these two games made me laugh actualy .... they wore not at all scary.... well they tried but failed ..... i loved F.E.A.R , Kuon , Fatal frame thanks to ur suggestions ppl .

just let me know if there are some others games i should look for.

I didn't find F.E.A.R the least bit scary for me definity one of the worst games on 360.

agiup
05-25-2009, 01:39 AM
resident 1,2,3, code veronica
clock tower
silent hill 1,2

rf switch
05-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I'd say the Fatal Frame series and the Deception if you want to consider that. Even if you are the bad guy.

_-Anonymous-_
05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
resident 1,2,3, code veronica
clock tower
silent hill 1,2

... um a big fan of resident evil series ... completed each version like 10 times . clock tower was a pathetic game . silent hill 2 was good , 1 was annoying .

Shinigami_55
05-25-2009, 03:23 AM
i like the old ones in resident evil series (i've got re4, but after this one, the game changed to survival action,so its not really survival horror,but i still love it).
parasite eve series for ps1.
project zero series.
sillent hill series.
obscure is cool too.

_-Anonymous-_
05-25-2009, 04:20 AM
obscure homecoming was awesome !

2 player horror survival game .... that something new :)