PDA

View Full Version : This Is Home

asher_aj_wei
12-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Was chatting with someone when this thought came up. Where are you guys from? Maybe we can find out more about the regulars. I'm from Singapore myself and so far, I don't know of any other Singaporeans around in this forum. On a sidenote, does anyone have a certain place they would like to visit/stay in for a reason? I think most people would put Japan cause that's like the dream vacation for most of the regulars here :D

jumomo
12-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 04:36 AM
Was chatting with someone when this thought came up. Where are you guys from? Maybe we can find out more about the regulars. I'm from Singapore myself and so far, I don't know of any other Singaporeans around in this forum. On a sidenote, does anyone have a certain place they would like to visit/stay in for a reason? I think most people would put Japan cause that's like the dream vacation for most of the regulars here :D
yes yes thats right ... everybody wants to visit japan ... so anyway im from germany ...

darkparrot
12-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Um... Maine, USA here. Hm... I would like to see the amazon, russia, germany, and japan.

jhjmonnee
12-06-2003, 12:00 AM
I'm residing in FL, USA...but I live like 3 months a year in Trinidad.

Candy-StarR
12-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Oooh!! Im from Australia... I live in Victoria -- And we're gonna have a hot christmas at the beach, but I've always wanted to go somewhere where it snows in winter...
Is anyone else here from Australia?

K6576
12-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Blacksburg VA, USA, where it just snowed 6 inches! (now I can sculpt a massive snow-lobster!)

haruko
12-06-2003, 02:27 AM
i live in washington state (damn rain) but yes! ive always wanted to go to tokyo thats been a dream of mine for soooo long. id sell my left nut to go there :ph34r:

MistressPookyChan
12-06-2003, 02:40 AM
I love these type of things ^-^

I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA. My parents live near Louisville, Kentucky USA, but I usually only visit them during holidays. My dream would be to hike around Europe, go back to Japan, or travel around south-east Asia. I will be graduating from college in May, so I have been applying to things like Peace Corps and JET program so that I can do a little traveling before settling down.

During the time that the forum was down (earlier this year and summer), I was living in Tokyo for a student exchange program for about 5 months. If any of you are interested in what life is like in Japan, let me know and I would be happy to answer your questions and show you some of my pictures. ^-^ I wasn't able to travel around Asia because of SARS and threats towards Americans, so I want to go back and travel around some day. Plus, I fell in love with the country (even with all the issues I had with certain aspects of japan) and have been feeling "homesick" for it, so I'll definately go back one day.

LavaBug
12-06-2003, 07:04 AM
I´m from germany...
i´d like the visit austria some time again (i like mountains ^^)
or maybe japan again, if i can afford it...(been there this summer, damn sweltry, but cool anyway ^^)

wizz-o-matic
12-06-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm from Slovenia (do u know where it is :D ).
My dream is to visit Japan (of course) and also to visit my uncles in Australia.
But i've already visited Spain, Germany, Turkey, Grece and many others Europen countrys.

Miko
12-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Slovenia eh? Do you live in Trieste!? O_O
I know where Slovenia is; right next to Italy on the northeastern border. :P

Anyways, I live in New England, USA

escaflownemoon
12-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi, I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada...it's freezing in my house and the heat is on.. plus a fire stove..anyways I guess I could say that I've live close enough to Japan but still there was an ocean betweeb where I was staying for a visit. (Hong Kong)

:)

Midnight Outlaw
12-06-2003, 11:05 AM
I am from jamaica (in the caribbean)

wizz-o-matic
12-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2003, 05:19 PM
Slovenia eh? Do you live in Trieste!? O_O
I know where Slovenia is; right next to Italy on the northeastern border. :P
He he, Trst (Trieste) isn't in Slovenia, it's in Italy but very close to the frontier. Actually I live about 25 km from Trieste (that's the reson why I know italian language very well B) ) rigth on the coast of "Jadransko morje" (I don't remember the english name :D ).

WinterC_16
12-06-2003, 12:30 PM
I'm from Long Island New York, By Sunday there might be 2ft of snow! Yeah Snowboarding!
i've been to Maine USA and Nova Scotia, Canada and i wish i could go back to those places, oh and of course Japan and Ireland . :D

WinterC_16
12-06-2003, 12:31 PM
stupid thing said it didn't post then it did so now theres a duplicate. :P

akachan
12-06-2003, 12:53 PM
I'm Italian :D , so if you want to go here call me ^_^ ! .
Now I live in Turin, but I come from a town near Rome....I WANT to go in Japan!! ^_^

escaflownemoon
12-06-2003, 02:42 PM
cool, Rome..i'm studying art history and shows a lot of architectures of Rome.

Candy-chan
12-06-2003, 02:58 PM
woh, i thought most of pple were americans here..thats cool
i live in quebec, Canada(speak french , english and a liiitle bit of spanish), and japan is soooooooooooo far away from here....thats unfair! i think its crazy in Tokyo, man all those pple and funky desings, clothes...i sooo wanna go there lol
here its snowing right now, its so freezing....not always cool...
anyway, i already went to france, washington dc, san fransisco ,colorado, The canadian rockies, and a bunch of other places like that
but my dream of all time is japan. i want to study in that and become french teacher there or japanese teacher here, something directly related to japan

_hades the wicked
12-06-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm in Brazil... Always been...
I'd like to visit Illinois someday for personal matters.
Also, I'd like to go to Japan too. And to England. And to a lot of other places, but since money is still not growing from trees, I can't go traveling around like that -_-

wizz-o-matic
12-06-2003, 05:19 PM
:blink: , I've never imagined that DarK DeatH is from Brazil.
Yp, that is also one country that I would like to visit!

_hades the wicked
12-06-2003, 06:06 PM
lol, a lot of people don't imagine I'm from here. XD
Where did you think I was from?
Yeah, here is nice, but you'll die before you can get a decent job and you'll only be retiring after you're 80 if you will to live here ^^;;
The cool thing is we don't have natural disasters such as hurricanes and vulcanoes and things like that ^^

wizz-o-matic
12-06-2003, 06:18 PM
I thought u were from USA or somwhere from Europe :D .
We also don't have natural disasters here (maybe on little earthquake in 10 years but nothing serious).

MistressPookyChan
12-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DarK [email protected] 6 2003, 05:24 PM
I'm in Brazil... Always been...
I'd like to visit Illinois someday for personal matters.
Also, I'd like to go to Japan too. And to England. And to a lot of other places, but since money is still not growing from trees, I can't go traveling around like that -_-
if you dont mind me asking, why do you want to go to illinois? there really isnt anything there @.@;;

Eli Riddle
12-06-2003, 07:02 PM
i´m mexican jeje hola amigos! jaja well I would love too go to Japan and take japanese lesons, go to manga convencions and use costumes^^

I really never imagined that DarK DeatH was from brazil^^ my brother is going there for holidays, I wanted to go! but he is going with his friend...and his family.

Also I want to go and visit Europe, Australia, Tamarindo, Rusia, Hong Kong...in other words all the world!

_hades the wicked
12-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by MistressPookyChan+Dec 6 2003, 11:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MistressPookyChan @ Dec 6 2003, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarK [email protected] 6 2003, 05:24 PM
I&#39;m in Brazil... Always been...
I&#39;d like to visit Illinois someday for personal matters.
Also, I&#39;d like to go to Japan too. And to England. And to a lot of other places, but since money is still not growing from trees, I can&#39;t go traveling around like that -_-
if you dont mind me asking, why do you want to go to illinois? there really isnt anything there @.@;; [/b][/quote]
Heh... Yeah, but like I said, personal reasons... If you wanna know, just ask me over AIM...

Also, places I&#39;d like to go are those naturally perfect places, such as beautiful mountains and forests and those cool places... Who wouldn&#39;t like to go visit some of those places huh?

asher_aj_wei
12-07-2003, 10:21 PM
I guess it&#39;s true then - I&#39;m the only active asian forum poster in animewallpapers.com haha...

Candy-StarR
12-08-2003, 12:30 AM
No your not&#33;&#33;... im an ABC (Australian born chinese)
So yea.... ;)

asher_aj_wei
12-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Read my post =D I stated as "Asian" was referring to it as a citizen of the Asians... =D Unless you moved out of Australia and got a citizenship on an asian country, i&#39;m the only Asian Asian here =D Yes, Asian Asian

Candy-StarR
12-08-2003, 12:40 AM
ooo&#33;&#33; silly me...
Well i&#39;m 100% aussie, but i have an asian background
and that&#39;s about it

omicron_15
12-08-2003, 03:53 AM
Im living in good old California, USA. Im half japanese and have visited japan a couple of times to visite family and site see, great place.

onslaught2029
12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I am currently attending Clemson University in South Carolina, but i was born and raised in Charleston (Chucktown) SC.

I would also like to visit Japan

kadaan
12-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Born and raised here in Hawai&#39;i. Nice place to visit, but it&#39;s incrediby boring to live here. I was in Oregon for 2 years for college and this school year I&#39;m in Bakersfield, CA. If I could go anywhere I&#39;d take a few months to take a trip around the world. That probably won&#39;t happen, but I&#39;m going to visit Japan and Europe (all over&#33;) before I get settled in a career.

Candy-StarR
12-09-2003, 03:41 AM
Wow, you&#39;re all in college and university and stuff... im only in year 9, well im in year 9 till tomorrow night&#39;s graduation, yay&#33;&#33; :lol:

Anyway I attend a school, in Vicotria - I&#39;ve been there my whole life, never changed schools, and its really good. All my brothers and sister went there too, and christopher (my *cough* nephew)

akachan
12-09-2003, 04:54 AM
The places I love, where I&#39;ve already been many times are: Rome, Venice, Chieti (my home ^_^), Naples...and Dublin ^_^... the only time I went over Italy..

The Great Conspiracy
12-10-2003, 10:25 AM
*tears running down his face* I&#39;m back again&#33;&#33; It has been quite a long time since my last visit and I&#39;m really glad. But most likely you&#39;ve already forgotten me and don&#39;t care about that *sniff*, so back to the topic:

I&#39;m from Austria and I&#39;m glad about that fact (it&#39;s a great place to live if you don&#39;t expect exciting things to happen :D ).

There are quite a lot places I want to visit in my lifetime:

Ireland (once again&#33;&#33;), Scotland, Newzealand and of course Japan&#33;&#33;

Candy-chan
12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
asher: ur asian asian, but where?

escaflownemoon
12-10-2003, 06:16 PM
i&#39;m a CBC

Candy-chan
12-10-2003, 08:08 PM
CBC? please explain...

asher_aj_wei
12-10-2003, 10:30 PM
CBC = China Born Chinese? =&#092; That&#39;s what comes to mind. I&#39;m from Singapore, thus asian Asian

nickyroony
12-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Maybe Canada Born Chinese...? *look around* hehe

As for me, I&#39;m from Sydney, Australia =D The land of the kangaroos *nod nod*

escaflownemoon
12-11-2003, 11:03 AM
yea you&#39;re right CBC= canadian born chinese.