PDA

View Full Version : I Want A Good Anime Themed Game

.Sev
04-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Can anyone think of a good anime themed game, not based off a series, just one with anime style animation.
I have a ps2 (Poor:( ) and I:m going to get dawn of mana as soon as i get 20$, and after that i:m getting Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, but what would you recomend? I prefer action games, I really dont like final fantasy like or turn based games, more like maybe kingdom hearts? Which is why im getting dawn of mana. Or something like ultimate ninja games.

SigmaSD
04-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Well this is a turn based game, but I was going to say Golden Sun for the GBA. It really is a good game to play no matter what.

JIMBO.
04-30-2009, 12:17 PM
retro games that with anime style artwork

Gunstar heroes
sparkster
Alien soldier
mega man X
Astal
mischeif makers
Chrono Trigger
burn rangers
front mission
vagrant story
Tokobots
Tronbon
pocket fighter

thats a good start for now.

Dark-Sasuke
04-30-2009, 01:35 PM
anything from the tales of series

Saiyuko
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Disgaea 2 is fine too if you can't get the 1st one. Storylines of the games aren't related at all so you won't be missing anythin.=/

Some other stuff by Nippon Ichi is also good(well, I'd atleast recommand Phantom Brave. I heard Makai Kingdoms was good but I haven't picked it up myself)

Light Buster
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
All I can say is Valkarya Cronicles...

Cantelope
05-07-2009, 10:12 PM
All I can say is Valkarya Cronicles...
Reread the OP and slap yourself in the face.

The Grey Crane
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Google is your friend, go look for BANPRESTO and ATLUS and see what i mean. Most games under their belts are what you're looking for.

_-Anonymous-_
05-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Can anyone think of a good anime themed game, not based off a series, just one with anime style animation.
I have a ps2 (Poor:( ) and I:m going to get dawn of mana as soon as i get 20$, and after that i:m getting Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, but what would you recomend? I prefer action games, I really dont like final fantasy like or turn based games, more like maybe kingdom hearts? Which is why im getting dawn of mana. Or something like ultimate ninja games.

Try shadow hearts :-)

its kinda turn based / action game ...

and the dragon quest 7 or 8 i dont remember -_-

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Ghost in the Shell. It's for PS1 and it's pretty cool.

Gero50
05-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Well fr ps2 there is Star Ocean 3 and of course the Tails Series.
An example would be Tails of Destiny for the ps2. Those are the ones I know of. Hope I was of some help.

rf switch
05-08-2009, 03:47 AM
You say you're not into turn-based. So I hope you realize that Disgaea is turned based.

But anyways, I'd look into...

Tales of the Abyss (PS2) Typical RPG but with real time action battles. Other games in the series include Tales of Destiny I & II (PS1), Tales of Legendia (PS2), Theres others for PS2 but they're not in English if that matters.

Odin Sphere (PS2) - Side scrolling action RPG. Similar to Ys III....if you know what that is.

Zone of Enders 1 & 2 (PS2) - Battle it out with Mechs. Part 2 is the better one. Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear fame is behind them

Gungrave 1 & 2 (PS2)- Heavy on action and is based on Anime. Rated M I think though.

Robotech Battlecry (PS2) - It's Robotech...Shoot things with your veritech/mech. Has original characters for the game but old characters from the show like Rick Hunter and Minmay do make appearances.

Robotech Invasion (PS2) - First Person shooter based on the later Mospeada days of Robotech is seems. Both this and Battlecry are pretty cheap on the used market now. So they're almost worth picking up just because of that.

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (PS2) - The 6th installment of the series. It's a classic over head Action RPG series by Japanese computer developer Falcom. However they're notorious for keeping things old school. And only part 3 was side scrolling.

Shining Force EXA, and Shining Force Neo (PS2) - They're Shining Force gone Hack 'n Slash Action RPG like Kingdom Hearts, which annoys traditional Shining Force fans. But for you is probably a good thing since you're not crazy about turn based.

Shining Tears (PS2) - Another Action RPG spin off of Shining Force.

Lupin III (PS2) - I couldn't resist recommending this. For some reason I just like it. It's a stealth based game.

SkyGunner (PS2) - 3rd person Airplane shooter. Has the option to play with original Japanese soundtrack or with the English one.

Shinobi and Nightshade by Sega for the PS2. They're ok. but since you mentioned Ninjas. But they're kind of hard.

Blood Will Tell (PS2) is also by Sega and is similar to Shinobi and Nightshade. Only it's with a Samurai.

Bujingai PS2) - A decent and often overlooked action game inspired by Wuxia (martial arts adventure set in ancient china) films. I know not anime...The main character is based on Gackt.

Mystic Heroes (PS2) - A cutesy Dynasty Warriors game.

Viewtiful Joe (PS2) - Side scrolling action platformer by Clover Studios (Capcom) same people who did Killer7, and Okami.

Alundra (PS1) - action RPG like Secret of Mana and Legend of Zelda.

Arc the Lad Collection (PS1) - first one was a very early PS1 action RPG. The Collection that Working Designs did contains games 1 ,2 and 3. It was the only way to get it in North America. It originally came with alot of extras and in a nice package like Working Designs often did. However. Used ones are not cheap.

Elemental Gearbolt (PS1) - I'd highly recommend this. But.....Only if you have a Guncon 1 and a CRT TV to play it on. It's a great Light Gun game with an Anime influence and RPG tones.

I'd recommend searching YouTube for videos of people playing some of these games.

and the dragon quest 7 or 8 i dont remember -_-
Dragon Quest is your typical JRPG turn based affair. It sticks to its roots for the most part.

OtakuInu!!!
05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
How bout:

Resident Evil (all gaming series preferably PS1, PS2, PS3 maybe, Xbox, etc. I think that's where they got the idea to do the movies)

Mortal Kombat (all gaming series preferably PS2, sometimes NDS lite, etc. also I don't know if that's an anime or not)

God of War (all gaming series preferably PS2, PS3, etc. It's super cool & Gory!!!)

Thanks!!!

Light Buster
05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Reread the OP and slap yourself in the face.
I saw what it is. I just assumed that he buy a PS3 soon. Anyhow, Persona 4 is the way to go if you're really desperate for a PS2 game.

How bout:

Resident Evil (all gaming series preferably PS1, PS2, PS3 maybe, Xbox, etc. I think that's where they got the idea to do the movies)

Mortal Kombat (all gaming series preferably PS2, sometimes NDS lite, etc. also I don't know if that's an anime or not)

God of War (all gaming series preferably PS2, PS3, etc. It's super cool & Gory!!!)

Thanks!!!

We're talking about anime games. NOT GORY GAMES YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rf switch
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I saw what it is. I just assumed that he buy a PS3 soon. Anyhow, Persona 4 is the way to go if you're really desperate for a PS2 game.

We're talking about anime games. NOT GORY GAMES YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we're talking about games that can be played on a PS2. NOT PS3 GAMES YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Shion Sonozaki
05-08-2009, 04:54 PM
But can't PS3 games be played on a PS2 also?

Ωmega
05-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Persona 3 and Persona 4

The fighting style -is- turn based, but its done in a fun way [and I -despise- turn based games]

Its also like a dating sim. You have to go to school and p your stats to talk to certain girls, whom you can then date.

Games are addicting

rf switch
05-08-2009, 05:26 PM
But can't PS3 games be played on a PS2 also? No. The PS2 has no way of reading the Blu-Ray discs that PS3 games come on. Also the PS2's hardware isn't good enough to run PS3 games.

Persona 3 and Persona 4

The fighting style -is- turn based, but its done in a fun way [and I -despise- turn based games]

Its also like a dating sim. You have to go to school and p your stats to talk to certain girls, whom you can then date.

Games are addicting
I was going to suggest those as well. But because he said he didn't like turn based stuff I didn't. But if you end up not liking them those games usually end up being good collectors items.

So you suggesting it is probably better since you're not into turn based.

.Sev
05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
You say you're not into turn-based. So I hope you realize that Disgaea is turned based.

Yes, mostly I dont like turn based games, but if it:s done well, I play it.

Persona 3 and Persona 4

Games are addicting
The first time I saw this game, I wanted it. Then I went to the game store, saw it was M, and did this.
And I forgot to metion I have a wii...
:confused:
My dad is WAY over protective, I mean he wont let me get STREET FIGHTER. THE 2ND ONE.:(

KillerDragonX
05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
i would have to say a good anime fighting game would be Arcana heart for the ps2

agiup
05-21-2009, 02:11 AM
one piece vs naruto vs dragon ball :D

Hagi
05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Check this out!!!!

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?49995]

XxPantherChickxX
05-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy. =3

Jagan Eye
05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
But can't PS3 games be played on a PS2 also?

Then what would be the point of a PS3?

I enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament for PS2.

JIMBO.
05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
to be fair FF VII (first one to have a manga artist work on it) to IX were anime styled the rest are based on realistic looking guys.

Heinekenrana
05-22-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm partial to the Gungrave games.

JIMBO.
05-22-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm partial to the Gungrave games.

Gungrave was drawn by Nightow (guy who did Trigun) the game came before the anime, is over dose any good ?

Heinekenrana
05-22-2009, 11:01 AM
Gungrave was drawn by Nightow (guy who did Trigun) the game came before the anime, is over dose any good ?

If you don't focus on the story and enjoy pretty art and blowing things up, it's great. :P