PDA

View Full Version : Button Mashing

Bulf
04-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Are you a fast button masher? I'm pretty good at button mashing in minigames from Mario Party, and stuff. But in fighting games, i'm terrible at it D:

AzureDark
04-29-2009, 08:24 AM
I think we need to categorise button-mashing into two: intended button-mashing and compulsive button-mashing.

I'm a compulsive button-masher so I suck at games that need precision. Besides that I often press buttons more than the one time that's enough for the action to be done. I guess I'm born with it...

For the intended part, I have my skill of button-trembling (rapidly-pressing without letting go of the button) and it works, sometimes better than normal pressing, but not if the thumb gets tired.

rf switch
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM
It's been a while since I've played a Mario Party game, but fighting games almost need more precision, or strategic button mushing to be successful in. Will also depend on the fighting game. As button mashing will get you farther in in DOA than it will in Street Fighter.

I'm not much of a button masher really. Unless I've never played the game. Then atleast with fighting games I usually just do random button combinations to see if I pull off some moves.

Shinigami_55
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
originaly posted by AzureDark
I think we need to categorise button-mashing into two: intended button-mashing and compulsive button-mashing.

I'm a compulsive button-masher so I suck at games that need precision. Besides that I often press buttons more than the one time that's enough for the action to be done. I guess I'm born with it...

opposite here:im really good at intended button mashing(in fighting games too) nd im extremely fast masher.bt allways hav precision in games, i press th times tht th button needs to b pressed

JIMBO.
04-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I play many fightings but I do not button mash

as for button mash games bishi bashi in the arcade is a winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSmdJdoA8T8

SigmaSD
04-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm only a button smasher whenever I don't know how to play a game. I usually fix that after I learn how the game play is.

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Not currently. When I was a kid, I was an expert button-masher, though. :]

Seņor Nobody
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
When I haven't play the game before I tend to button mash.

Rem Nightfall
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm an intended button masher. I don't need to perform extreme fancy combos to kick anyones butt in a video game man. Mines for mark precision and mark hits. And I'll stop you at all cost. It's always been my strategy. I'm good at the games, I can perform those combos, but when someone is blocking or being real stupid and only doing combos I go from being fancy to button masher.
Also for some reason I have extreme luck in those kinds of games. I can have a small little baby amount of health. They have at least a good 1/3 of it left and I can still wipe the floor with them.

Light Buster
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Depends. I could probably win a chainsaw against another player if I press fast enough. I could barely win a duel against bots for some reason on Insane.

Bulf
04-30-2009, 05:01 PM
This is my old record from Mario Party 7(I think it was 7). A lot of people think I cheated on this for some reason, but I don't think you can cheat in party. Shows how fast I can button mash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjAWkPcaoEQ