PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore RPGer

Legend of the Twilight
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
My favorite type of video game is Japanese RPGs. I don't like the American ones really (because their storylines a very dull most of the time). I don't play any other kinds of games unless a friend asks me to play a multi-player game (like a shooter or whatever).

I was wondering: are there any others that solely play RPGs or at least like RPGs the most?

Electronaut
04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
My favourite type of game is RPG
FF8 is my favourite game of all time, Azure Dreams is awesome. games like that.

JIMBO.
04-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I love RPG games but I have to like the macanics of the game to enjoy the story

I played things like

chrono trigger I never got the best ending

parasite eve 2 final fantasy meets RE I wanna cosplay number 9

Final fantasy 4,6,7,8,10, 10-2, as for 12 I dont like how it played with the whole gambits thing

star ocean till the end of time, I dont like how the battle worked

golden sun I never finished it

I played Orphen from start to finish just cause I like the manga

thats about it

Rem Nightfall
04-27-2009, 02:04 PM
I like RPGs as well too. But I prefer American ones now then Japanese ones. American ones like Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Too Human, etc. I use to like the Japanese RPGs when I could change the RPG voice acting into Japanese. Now man I cannot. There is no option and so for the most part Japanese RPGs have terrible voice acting, which I refuse to listen to. Some of my favorite Japanese ones though are: Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Xenosaga.

Legend of the Twilight
04-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Some of my favorite Japanese ones though are: Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Xenosaga.

My boyfriend has Nocturne, which I plan to play. I heard it was difficult though.

Xenosaga kicks some major a$$! I love that game. The storyline is amazing. Have you played the other two?

Rem Nightfall
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
My boyfriend has Nocturne, which I plan to play. I heard it was difficult though.

Xenosaga kicks some major a$$! I love that game. The storyline is amazing. Have you played the other two?

Notcurne will kicked your rear end. The bosses no matter how much of a clever strategy you have from a walk through, will kick your tush. Nocturne I say has the hardest bosses in boss history.

Xenosaga, I've played the whole series. I have the box collection.

Legend of the Twilight
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Notcurne will kicked your rear end. The bosses no matter how much of a clever strategy you have from a walk through, will kick your tush. Nocturne I say has the hardest bosses in boss history.

Xenosaga, I've played the whole series. I have the box collection.

Hahaha, yeah, I've heard that Nocturne is one hard game. I've got a bunch of games to get through before I get to that one. I'm pretty much starting from the easiest of games then work my way over to the hardest of games.

Wow, someone who's played all of the Xenosagas. That's so awesome. Everyone I've talked to has only played Xenogears (which isn't that great, in my opinion). Kudos to you.

StabWound
04-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Nocturne I say has the hardest bosses in boss history.
Naw, the first Digital Devil Saga does. Demi-Feind (Nocturne's main character) is a secret boss, and even at max level with all the best skills you will get killed in a matter of seconds considering his Gaea's Rage does up to 7000 damage in a game where your max HP is 999.

As for the OP's question, no. I don't like limiting my genre choices, and I tend to prefer WRPG's over JRPGs 90% of the time anyways. Although my favorite game of all time happens to be a JRPG (Nocturne)

Rem Nightfall
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I've heard that Nocturne is one hard game. I've got a bunch of games to get through before I get to that one. I'm pretty much starting from the easiest of games then work my way over to the hardest of games.

Wow, someone who's played all of the Xenosagas. That's so awesome. Everyone I've talked to has only played Xenogears (which isn't that great, in my opinion). Kudos to you.

I really was into the Xenosaga story. I love Kos-Mos.

@Stabwound: Huh, it's the opposite for me in Digital Devil saga I found it easier.

StabWound
04-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Huh, it's the opposite for me in Digital Devil saga I found it easier.
DDS is easier than Nocturne in general, but DDS's secret boss is harder than anything in any RPG.

Rem Nightfall
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
DDS is easier than Nocturne in general, but DDS's secret boss is harder than anything in any RPG.

Maybe, but Noctorne has a secret boss as well...Lucifer I believe. Or something along those lines, let's just say both bosses from DDS and Nocturne need to disappear. Their evil man, evil.

Phylloh
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm a huge RPG fan. They're what I mostly play but I do own some shooters. fear and call of duty and one music game xD rockband. Lol but, I play my rpgs more than most of my new ps3 games

Ryth
04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
RPGs are all I play nowadays, both of the Western and Japanese variety. Western is great if I want an open land and actual character role-playing, but JRPGs can be fun, charming, and highly engaging in their linearity all the same.