PDA

View Full Version : So I've been thinking...

Gizoku
04-09-2009, 11:26 PM
About buying a XBOX 360 with the new Jasper chips, or a PS3.
But I'm very unsure of which one to buy, because I read that the pros of the 360 are that it has great customer service, overall smooth online play, and has a number of games. The few things that knock me back is my wavering doubt that it will give me the RROD (or other mishaps) and that I'll have to pay for the equivalent of a PS3 eventually.
The PS3 sounds really, really nice...but I also read that the online play is laggy and the price is just too high along with not many games to choose from.

Respect other users and their opinions. You are welcome to debate, but do not turn threads in to flame wars. You may not like what others have to say, but keep in mind others may feel the same way about you. I would also advise against harassing other members via rep or PMs over threads or conflicting view points.

[Stolen] rules, just because of an almost positive flame war that will start up with the thread.
Thanks ;D

Aizen-sama
04-21-2009, 10:32 PM
i would say xbox only because u hav more that u want for it and it is cheaper than a ps3 which i havent touched for a month or two and my xbox ...well for about 4 to 5 months

Yugure's Goddess
04-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Eh, I'm biased for the 360. What little I have seen of the PS3 has been eh, at best. Now granted, on the PS3, I witnessed a friend visit YouTube and post on forums and such, but that was about as exciting as it got for me. The 360 allows you to download and play some really awesome arcade games directly from the console (No discs!), along with amazing online play with audio communication with other participants, etc. While the Xbox has never really been known for RPGs, it does have a very VERY good RPGs (The Elder Scrolls IV), plenty of great shooter games, etc.

My experience with the 360 has been great. I, personally, label it as the best console I've ever had, by a very epic mile.

love
dani
dude

Heinekenrana
04-22-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm biased towards the XBox 360 as well. Go for it! :)

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-22-2009, 02:06 AM
but I also read that the online play is laggy and the price is just too high along with not many games to choose from.

The internets are fine on the PS3. Lag varies depending on the developer, but it's almost never a problem that I've seen. As for the title selection garbage, the vast majority of the games have come out for both consoles. There are very few A titles that have been exclusive to one or the other- Halo 3, God of War2, MGS4, and Killzone II come to mind.

What it ultimately comes down to is are you willing to pay a little more for a more dependable console that has a number of useful features the other does not?

Eh, I'm biased for the 360. What little I have seen of the PS3 has been eh, at best. Now granted, on the PS3, I witnessed a friend visit YouTube and post on forums and such, but that was about as exciting as it got for me. The 360 allows you to download and play some really awesome arcade games directly from the console (No discs!), along with amazing online play with audio communication with other participants, etc. While the Xbox has never really been known for RPGs, it does have a very VERY good RPGs (The Elder Scrolls IV), plenty of great shooter games, etc.

My experience with the 360 has been great. I, personally, label it as the best console I've ever had, by a very epic mile.

love
dani
dude
Everything you attributed to the 360 is equally true of the PS3.

PS3 has PSN, letting you buy games online and play them off the HD.
PS3 has a free networking service through PSN and voice chat.
PS3 has most of the same WRPGs. 360 has a somewhat larger lineup of JRPGs, but JRPGs are made of suck and fail anyway.
PS3 has all the same shooter games, except for Halo 3 and Gears of War 1/2. But PS3 has Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2, and Warhawk so it's pretty much a wash (unless you are one of the few persons that has realized that the Halo series isn't spectacular, it's merely good. Then I'd lean towards the PS3's exclusive shooters).

Yugure's Goddess
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
The internets are fine on the PS3. Lag varies depending on the developer, but it's almost never a problem that I've seen. As for the title selection garbage, the vast majority of the games have come out for both consoles. There are very few A titles that have been exclusive to one or the other- Halo 3, God of War2, MGS4, and Killzone II come to mind.

What it ultimately comes down to is are you willing to pay a little more for a more dependable console that has a number of useful features the other does not?

Everything you attributed to the 360 is equally true of the PS3.

PS3 has PSN, letting you buy games online and play them off the HD.
PS3 has a free networking service through PSN and voice chat.
PS3 has most of the same WRPGs. 360 has a somewhat larger lineup of JRPGs, but JRPGs are made of suck and fail anyway.
PS3 has all the same shooter games, except for Halo 3 and Gears of War 1/2. But PS3 has Resistance 1/2, Killzone 2, and Warhawk so it's pretty much a wash (unless you are one of the few persons that has realized that the Halo series isn't spectacular, it's merely good. Then I'd lean towards the PS3's exclusive shooters).Well, I didn't really know that, but, even with that, this wouldn't change my opinion much. All this really proves is

Xbox 360 = PS3 (almost)

In which case, I'm still all in favor of the Xbox as it's cheaper.

love
dani
dude

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Well, I didn't really know that, but, even with that, this wouldn't change my opinion much. All this really proves is

Xbox 360 = PS3 (almost)

In which case, I'm still all in favor of the Xbox as it's cheaper.

love
dani
dude

And that's where it's features come in. I get better controllers, a system I can install Linux on for the lulz, a blu-ray player, free internet multiplayer, and a Media Center PC straight out of the box. Not to mention the voodoo it's capable of with a PSP, which allows you to access your PS3 through a wi-fi connection, allowing you to access your Media Server and some PSN games over the internetosphere.

Also, I don't have the inconvenience of sending my system away every time it breaks because it's built stupid. That alone is worth the hundred dollar difference in price to me. Well, that and MGS4.

Dogmat
04-23-2009, 01:50 AM
The 360 may be cheaper, but with the PS3 you get a better deal in my opinion. You get built wifi adapter which costs an additional $100 on the 360, Blu-Ray which is amazing, and free online. Plus upgrading a hard drive is much cheaper as you can use any SATA laptop hard drives. Also I find the PS3 to be much more reliable. Five of my friends have had their 360s die on them and I've had mine die twice on me but my PS3 has worked perfectly since I got it two years ago. My personal recommendation would be go for the PS3.

Kojack
04-23-2009, 09:50 AM
along with not many games to choose from.
If you do not think the PS3 has a lot of games, do not get a PS3. But, do not think this just because someone has told it to you. Go look at the exclusives for each console and make your choice based on that; you are buying a console to play games, not buying a console to own a console.

rf switch
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
If you could careless about Blu-Ray and having a pretty good home media center then the PS3 may not be for you. Or it could be if....

You like the games the PS3 has to offer. Because believe it or not there actually is a pretty good selection of games for it. Just don't rely on other people to tell you that it does or doesn't. Most people who will tell you that the PS3 has no games already shunned that system long ago.

If you're buying a 360 or a PS3 solely for gaming then it's all about the games the systems offer now and even into the future. So do some research. Which exclusive games are you most into? Do Gears of War 2 and Fable 2 appeal to you more than Killzone 2 and Valkyria Chronicles? Then maybe the 360 is for you.

The 360 has more total games out (it did have a year head start), and with the Jasper the RROD thing is supposed to have been eliminated.

Also, one nice thing about the PS3's online is not everyone gets a microphone with their PS3. So you have a better chance of not having to listen to idiots.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Also, one nice thing about the PS3's online is not everyone gets a microphone with their PS3. So you have a better chance of not having to listen to idiots.

Tis true. The idiots actually have to go buy mics themselves. I've played something like 30 hours on Killzone 2 and only came across maybe a half-dozen retards.

Rem Nightfall
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Man I'd go with the PS3. A side by side comparison shows the PS3 has better graphics then the 360. Some good games are planned for the PS3. And man the 360, I really want to kill it. Mine doesn't like CDs no matter how many times I clean them, it never works. I have to work on the 360 for like 10 minutes just to get it to work. The PS3 is cool man because their business isn't directly based on gamer score or downloads. I really hate that about the 360 they make you have to be online to play co-op, they really make you have to download things, they really have to give you a gamescore. I'm very upset at the 360, the games say up to two players man...and then you get a frakin message saying you aren't on Xbox Live. Where has multiplayer gone 360? That ain't co-op play, my friend man is sitting right here and he wants to play.

PS3 > Xbox 360

Minato Namikaze
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd recommend getting a PS3.. rofl. The 360 may be cheaper but doesnt come with built in wifi.. The adapter for the 360 costs somewhere around 100 bucks somewhere..also with the ps3 you wont have to worry about it dying every 10 minutes.

Saikoro
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
It really comes down to whether you played the XBOX more, or the PS2 more. The new gen systems are almost mostly built on fanboys. You can look at the pros and cons till your face turns blue, but in the end, chances are you're going to judge based in the previous gen. I know the PS3 is better, in just about every way, yet I still prefer the 360, and will take one over a PS3 anyday of the week.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-12-2009, 03:00 AM
ill take 360 over ps3 anyday just for the games 360 has loads of awsome games and i havent seen a single ps3 game worth playing that you cant get on 360

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
ill take 360 over ps3 anyday just for the games 360 has loads of awsome games and i havent seen a single ps3 game worth playing that you cant get on 360

Then you're blind/a fan-boy. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Warhawk, Valkiria Chronicle, Killzone 2 and Resistance are all great, among other games I haven't played (Uncharted, Resistance 2, Disgeia 3, etc). Face it, the vast majority of games come out on both systems, and they BOTH have exclusive content worth playing.

Interstellar Girl
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I currently have a PS3, but im planning on getting an Xbox 360 Elite, i hear it doesn't have all the problems that made the original 360 unattractive. Though I'd probably still recommend the PS3 over the Xbox 360, and even the Elite. PS3 can just do way more as you can read in all the above post, including surfing the web like iam doing right now. My sister is always hogging the computer, so its nice that I can go online on the PS3. Correct me if im wrong but I believe the Xbox cannot do this.

Shinigami_55
05-12-2009, 10:08 AM
i recomend a ps3!
is a more expensive console but is whorth the price!
it has a great online mode no matter what people say.
Also it has MGS4,Killzone2,and i think that Final Fantasy XIII is also exclusive for ps3!

EDIT:

Originally posted by Manhattan_Project_2000
It was, now it isn't.
in what other platform/console did FF XIII will come/came out???

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM
i recomend a ps3!
is a more expensive console but is whorth the price!
it has a great online mode no matter what people say.
Also it has MGS4,Killzone2,and i think that Final Fantasy XIII is also exclusive for ps3!
It was, now it isn't.

wowzabunny
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
depends. i have a xbox 360

Scarred DNA
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Get a Wii. Problem solved.

Seriously, if you're worried about the RROD - don't be. Microsoft has extended their warranty to cover it for at least 2 years (might be 3 years, can't remember). And yes, the newer ones have smaller chips that operate more efficiently now.

If you already have an xbox or a PS2, consider which library you'd be playing on your new system. When I had a choice between the two, I had my Xbox library to consider (never bought either - was given a 360 in the end).

And if you play online, do you like being able to talk to other players (despite the bad eggs), or do you prefer a quiet playing environment? Most 360 players have the headset, while a lot of the PS3 players don't.

Also, consider if you're even going to use the additional features that come with the systems. The PS3 has a lot of bells and whistles, but there's no sense in wasting your money if you have no use for them.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Then you're blind/a fan-boy. Heavenly Sword, MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, Warhawk, Valkiria Chronicle, Killzone 2 and Resistance are all great, among other games I haven't played (Uncharted, Resistance 2, Disgeia 3, etc). Face it, the vast majority of games come out on both systems, and they BOTH have exclusive content worth playing.

im anything but a fanboy i play every other console and format other than ps3 i dont know if its just my taste in games but all the games you metion are kinda lame

ps resistance was the reason i sold my ps3

Broly3k8
05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
About buying a XBOX 360 with the new Jasper chips, or a PS3.
But I'm very unsure of which one to buy, because I read that the pros of the 360 are that it has great customer service, overall smooth online play, and has a number of games. The few things that knock me back is my wavering doubt that it will give me the RROD (or other mishaps) and that I'll have to pay for the equivalent of a PS3 eventually.
The PS3 sounds really, really nice...but I also read that the online play is laggy and the price is just too high along with not many games to choose from.

[Stolen] rules, just because of an almost positive flame war that will start up with the thread.
Thanks ;D
Dont go for Quantity over Quality. Just cause the Xbox has subsantialy more games then the PS3 doesnt mean that the PS3 is suckage. And yes with all online gaming when you get 18 people in one room and a jacked up host, your games going to be a little laggy. I would say choose the PS3. At one point in time i owned a PS3 and 360 at the same time, yes i played the Xbox the same as i played the PS3. But the amount of headaches the 360 caused were substantially more then the PS3. Between having to get it replaced because of the infamos "Ring of Fire", and the thing overheating constently (If you do get a 360 do nto i repeat do not get the little fan thingy that goes on the back, absolutely useless.) even without the fan. Its also really clunky and quite costly to upgrade. All in all the PS3 exceeded the 360 in all the departments and i find that even with its small repuatare of games there are still a few gems in there.