PDA

View Full Version : YU-GI-OH 5Ds

Gero50
04-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds what is the big deal about it? I am not what you would call a true fan of Yu-Gi-Oh but, I did enjoy the duel monster series the first one. So what do you think of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds? Please tell me your thoughts, why you like/dislike it.
I for one do not really enjoy that much but I just wanted to know what the true fans of Yu-Gi-Oh think and just what anyone thinks of it so far. Oh keep in mind it is the Japanese episodes I am talking about.

JIMBO.
04-21-2009, 11:49 AM
its just a way to sell more of the new cards since yugi plays the same cards all the time they have have to make new players that use the new cards but none of them will be the king of games since the ture king of games can win at anything not just cards if you read the yugioh zero manga.

Magical Soul
04-25-2009, 01:11 PM
It got worse as time went on...

Yoko Littner
05-09-2009, 04:45 PM
You know what, at first I found this show completely horrible, but as time went on I must say this show is awesome. I watch it on demand most of the time and I plan to keep watching it til the show ends.

Bring Me The Horizon
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Its ok I guess not much to it the same old Yugioh plot. Rich snob as the antagonist and the nice humble hero..same old same old. Except now they ride motorcycles and fusions are called synchons or whatever

Gero50
05-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Have you seen it in english sub or just the dub.

Oathkeeper-Airo
05-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Well, when I first saw it, I hated it. I think (and still do) the idea of Riding Duels was stupid and I never got used to the whole Synchro thing either. But to stay true to Yu-Gi-Oh, I sucked it up and continued to watch it. To my surprise, after getting past the first 20 or so episodes, I was addicted.

I think that the first part of the series turns everyone off because it was not exactly interesting, but it was leading up to the major point of the first season. After that, it was exciting.

Mr. Panda
06-07-2009, 12:43 AM
I've heard of the series. I myself play the cardgame irl with friends, and we were totally "wtf?"-ed by the fact that a new set of cards were brought out.
"Dude, what are Synchro monsters?"
"I have absolutely no idea."
So, we Wikipedia'd it, found out what they did, said "screw it" and we stayed old-school players. The whole fusion, tribute-summoning, effects etc playstyle.

I do plan on taking a peek on a few episodes, though. I'll let you guys know what I think after I've seen it.

Gero50
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree the hole riding duels thing kinda dose suck. Though I can't help but think the Dragons are very cool.

otakumansexta
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
i despise the anime cuz come on riding duels bs but a new monster type for me to master on top of normal effect gemini and fusion awsome:laugh:

Tetsanosuke
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Honestly I enjoyed the 47 episodes of it I saw in Japanese. The English make is crappy, honestly.

It may seem a little over the top at first, but I think it's an interesting, not to mention somewhat original concept. Not only that, as far as I've seen, it would make sense to get injured in a riding duel because you can get injured when you crash. xD

We all have our opinions, and I enjoyed 5D's very much. I'm still waiting to see the newest episodes straight from Japan. =o