PDA

View Full Version : Pkmn G&s

Doctor One
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Alright, so I picked up my Game boy color recently. And I was like, "Hey! Why not play the first game boy game I got when I was little and play though it again for lulz!" (Pokemon Gold)
I turned it on and started a new file (Old one was gone). Played for like an hour. I caught a Dunsparce, Geodude, and Bellsprout. I saved and went to bed. I woke up and turned it back on AND IT DIDN'T SAVE. I was like, "No biggie, probably did a glitchy thing."
So I tried again and put fourth less effort, and then saved and turned it off. I came back later in the day, AND IT STILL DIDN'T SAVE.
MY COPY OF POKEMON GOLD DOESN'T HOLD A SAVE ANYMORE.
Is this happening to anyone else? :(

StabWound
04-05-2009, 10:03 PM
The internal battery died, it's very common with gold/silver. The only thing you can do is either buy a new game (they're what, like $5 nowadays?) or open the cartridge and replace the internal battery yourself.

Haoie
04-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Best Pokemon generation.

Ever.

In0kz
04-06-2009, 02:13 AM
omg I love pkm ^_^
I recently played thrugh all the games, exept for the ones to ds. I even went as far as to catch them all and transfered them to one game XD so now I have all pkms on one profile ^^
(well not all I don't have the ones in ds version but everyone else).

Datenshi
04-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Best Pokemon generation.

Ever.
Agreed.

There are rumors on 2chan about a quite possible DS remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver, if the cast of the newest movie is anything to go by:

http://home.v08.itscom.net/yanagi/photo/gsremake.jpg

Amarhyllis
04-06-2009, 03:44 PM
I can't get into Pokemon anymore. There's too many of them, I liked the simpler time when it was only 150 (was it that...? I forget)
Adding new ones was awesome but now it's too much.

Oh, the memories I had with my copy of Pokemon Blue.
Those were the days.

In0kz
04-07-2009, 02:29 AM
I can't get into Pokemon anymore. There's too many of them, I liked the simpler time when it was only 150 (was it that...? I forget)
Adding new ones was awesome but now it's too much.

Oh, the memories I had with my copy of Pokemon Blue.
Those were the days.

I was like that too but then I played throu all the games and I started to like the new one's more and more ^^ now I'm raiding the series XD

kitsune-kun10647
04-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Yeh, same thing happened with mah silver version ):
Sad sad sad...

But yeh, I definitely think they should remake silver and gold, how do they expect us to "Catch 'em all" if our games wont save?

We have modern remakes of the first two games, not to mention the third and fourth generation are doing just fine, but the only problem stems from the save errors of gold/silver.

Oh well, I'm sure that they'll end up doing something with it

JIMBO.
04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I had gold, I catched about 187 out of 250 not bad

got to the point where I was having to breed and lvl them up them to get new ones