PDA

View Full Version : Girl Gamers come!!!

xPikachuXD
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
any girl gamers here???? if so lets like talk!!!! yay party!!!! lets beat those guys!!!

Sagat
04-05-2009, 09:00 PM
LOL beat those guys, how cute!

Sorry, not a girl gamer, I just had to say that.

Diocletian
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Please don't get nailpolish on my controler, you're covering my pizza grease stained controller.

Xieshunnuan
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
D= that's not nice, although I'd like to meet more girls who plays games, or plays hacky sack!! ._. But that hasn't happend lately. Oh wait, yea it did xD at the Sakura Sunday fest =]

Memento Mori
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Please don't get nailpolish on my controler, you're covering my pizza grease stained controller.

That's a popular misconception.

Everyone knows girl gamers get cooties on the controllers.

megaman1
04-05-2009, 11:31 PM

yeah srsly

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry OP, Nintendogs doesn't count.

Ωmega
04-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Theres actually several female gamers if you just know where to look. I myself am a HUGE gamer, mostly sticking to survival horror games.

Nothings more fun than killing ghosts, zombies and Pyramid Head in the dark.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Teddy2116
04-06-2009, 05:48 AM
I know a few girls that play WoW, but really there's only 2 types of ppl who are gamers Men and girly Men, no women lol (j/k)

JIMBO.
04-06-2009, 07:15 AM
I use to play Tekken 5 a lot with my ex and her sisters since they knew how good I was at street fighter before they played me but they stop playing with me after I beat them all in a row with Paul "Oosh!"

I find girls not so good at fighting games they tend to stick to the same tatics

Kishiro
04-06-2009, 07:57 AM
I know a good amount of girls who play video games, and none of them are as excitable as our original poster.

Also, most of them don't like hanging around/playing with other girls.

Another thing... you ever notice how there is no middle ground for girl gamers? They're either really awesome at what they're playing, or they suck. For some reason, they don't seem to fill the middle of the spectrum like males do. Lots of time on XBL and at tournaments and friend's houses has proven this to me. Though I will say more often than not, they're on the really awesome side.

None of the above
04-06-2009, 08:13 AM
http://mirror.servut.us/kuvat/motivation/girlgamer_1.jpg

Get me some Gaming consoles and subscriptions and I can turn to a girl gamer over night.

Necro'lic Enigma
04-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah , i , myself a gamer as well. I mostly live on games actually.
I play horror games like Silent Hill Series and also my most favorite , history related games such as Samurai Warriors , Dynasty warriors and so on.

And also one of my gaming hobby is to play online with people in Garena site , playing Counter Strike and Warcraft dota , online with millions and billions of other gamers is what i call real "Fun".

Playstation consoles are a god for me but still , nothing beats a packet of chips , a glass of hot chocolate and a ps2 controller in hand and playing your fav game till morning ....tee hee hee....
Well thats what i do at least.....>_>

WIXIE
04-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Didi u say Girl Gamers????
OohWow..!!! I am one of it for sure...
Usually I play MMORPG but since this year I've got big exam to handled, so I only play GodsWar only...

Acyually I played MythWar, Destiny, Angel Online and ... Uncountable...But some I stopped because my PC's memory is already full. So, only vcan save GodsWar...

Oh well... For sure I wanna beat those guys gamers...!! yeah!!! Girl Power...!!!

AHhhahahahaha

sataned
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
whats a girl gamer?

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
whats a girl gamer?

Female version of this:

Amray The II
04-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Nothing is more sexier than a really cute girl that plays games, even if she is a tom-boy..although she would have to be a good-looking and slim tom-boy that wears skirts. (I was going to add something else to that, although I dare not in fear of being banned)

Rare pleasures.

Buruku
04-06-2009, 10:27 AM
. I myself am a HUGE game,

Please, tell me more.

Omg u guys, i have a pink 360 controller! Because I'm a gamer gurl!!!

Crimson Tears
04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Wow so much hate for us girl gamers. :eek: Oh well it doesn't matter what dudes think I still rock at video games. LOL. ^^ My one friend Matt was saying how girl gamers are bad at fighting games. I challenged him to some Tekken, Soul Calibur and Naruto at my house.... he soon changed his tune. I'm not trying to boast. I was just trying to get the point across that there are some very talented girl gamers out there.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I know a good amount of girls who play video games, and none of them are as excitable as our original poster.

Also, most of them don't like hanging around/playing with other girls.

Another thing... you ever notice how there is no middle ground for girl gamers? They're either really awesome at what they're playing, or they suck. For some reason, they don't seem to fill the middle of the spectrum like males do. Lots of time on XBL and at tournaments and friend's houses has proven this to me. Though I will say more often than not, they're on the really awesome side.

I would argue that the middle of the road ones just shut their mics off and play the game. The good ones talk smack out of "Grrl Power" and the sucky ones use their second X chromosome as an excuse.

I haven't played that many hours on PSN, and Voice Chat isn't as ubiquitous there anyway but I've only ever knowingly played one match with a female on voice chat (in Team Fortress 2), and she was pretty middle of the road.

Buruku
04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I think MP2K speaks some truth. I'm pretty middle-of-the-road in a lot of games, and I shut my mic off most of the time. I was kicking this guys butt at Rock band one day though, and I did have my mic on and he was like "YORE A GIRL? BUT YORE VOICE IS SO DEEP"

-_____-

Dr. Evil
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Female version of this:

OMG!!!! Dude, Im laughin so hard Im crying! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No, my girl (who used to be meh ex), Heather is a gamer but she, in fact looks good. Anyway, no, girl gamers are teh shizz

Ωmega
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Please, tell me more.

lol, typo fixed xD

I would argue that the middle of the road ones just shut their mics off and play the game. The good ones talk smack out of "Grrl Power" and the sucky ones use their second X chromosome as an excuse.

I haven't played that many hours on PSN, and Voice Chat isn't as ubiquitous there anyway but I've only ever knowingly played one match with a female on voice chat (in Team Fortress 2), and she was pretty middle of the road.

I think MP2K speaks some truth. I'm pretty middle-of-the-road in a lot of games, and I shut my mic off most of the time. I was kicking this guys butt at Rock band one day though, and I did have my mic on and he was like "YORE A GIRL? BUT YORE VOICE IS SO DEEP"

-_____-
Well, for people like me who dont have a mic...

It kinda goes with a discussion we had in my psychology class.
'A father and son get in a car crash. The boy is rushed to the hospital. When he gets there, the surgeon looks at him and says "I cant operate on you, youre my son."'
No one excluding myself got that it was his mother.

[The point:] I used to play Halo with my brother a lot. I even used to play it back in high school in the drama room when we had these big system link parties and just play. I always seemed to get about 6th place of about 18. Thats pretty in the middle I think.

When playing online, I got called "bro" a lot. When my brother would text them and point out that I was female I got a lot of "Nah-uh dude" responses.

So theres a good chunk of girls who may be fantastic in one area, are average in another, and just totally suck with everything else. Most people just assume its a dude playing

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
I have been interested in games (mostly nintendo) since I was really small (around 8~9 or so).

Now, I don't play them as much unless it's my gba, since that's the only handheld system I can usually play.

Although I personally can't stand pink, I do like the platinum and black controllers.

JIMBO.
04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
you know I dont see many girls in the arcade.

xPikachuXD
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
ahh girl gamers arent bad !!!!! i beat people all the time in ssbb and street fighter.... my brother taught me all the moves, u just need proper training????

Ωmega
04-06-2009, 12:59 PM
you know I dont see many girls in the arcade.
Me, personally, I dont go to arcades because theyre ungodly loud and are filled with button-masher games. Plus, you can get most of those games for one of the three consoles and play it at home in peace, quiet, and in your undies.

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Me, personally, I dont go to arcades because theyre ungodly loud and are filled with button-masher games. Plus, you can get most of those games for one of the three consoles and play it at home in peace, quiet, and in your undies.
Indeed, arcades are way too loud and are filled with tons of annoying people. Plus, you can play at home for free. =D

That's my favorite way.

JIMBO.
04-06-2009, 01:03 PM
what all the moves for all fighters ?

but thats not hard for me most all the fighters I using in fighting games all have more or less the same kind of moves

street fighter

Ryu
ken
Akuma
Sakura

SNK

kyo
Iori

Tekken

paul
Heihachi
Kazuya

JIMBO.
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Indeed, arcades are way too loud and are filled with tons of annoying people. Plus, you can play at home for free. =D

That's my favorite way.

can you play fist of the north star acrade at home ?

now thats mans game love to see a girl play it on medium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspgIKgExew

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
can you play fist of the north star acrade at home ?

now thats mans game love to see a girl play it on medium.
Never tried that. The only games I remember playing in the arcade were street fighter, some other fighting games, space invaders, etc.

Xieshunnuan
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow so much hate for us girl gamers. :eek: Oh well it doesn't matter what dudes think I still rock at video games. LOL. ^^ My one friend Matt was saying how girl gamers are bad at fighting games. I challenged him to some Tekken, Soul Calibur and Naruto at my house.... he soon changed his tune. I'm not trying to boast. I was just trying to get the point across that there are some very talented girl gamers out there.

D= I don't hate gamer girls, I actually wanna meet more!! (or go out with one!!^^) *-* no one heard that. But I'd like to see more Gaming sporty girls. Or maybe it's just me but I find them attractive!

Amarhyllis
04-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Theres actually several female gamers if you just know where to look. I myself am a HUGE gamer, mostly sticking to survival horror games.

Nothings more fun than killing ghosts, zombies and Pyramid Head in the dark.

YES! Nothing beats the feeling of finally getting Pyramid Head!
I'm a girl gamer, not hardcore (use to be) but now I'm more casual.
I play RPGs, survival horror, bizarre (katamari, warioware, etc), and retro.
I tend to stay away from fighters and racing....I hate to admit that I'm a sore loser.
I love my handheld games (DS, PSP, GBA, etc) and once DSi comes out with more colors (please-please let us get the lime green Japan has) I plan to get one. I like console gaming as well, I have a 360, PS3, and PS2 currently hooked up and others not hooked up at the moment,
My favorites are Square games before they lost their minds (you are missed Squaresoft) FF series, Xenogears, Parasite Eve and others and I love WarioWare, Phoenix Wright, Silent Hill, and I'm a die hard fan of the Katamari series and eagerly awaiting the new one.
I got into Final Fantasy XI before it died and I might come back one day as a TaruTaru bard.
Well, I think that's enough text on my girly gaming.

Diocletian
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM

It's true. You can get AIDS/cooties through Halo.

I personally hate most girl gamers. It seems that one kill/win is enough for them to blow up in my face.

A short story. I'm playing with a friend some good ol' Street Fighter. He leaves to use the lou. Next thing you know his sister comes in. I've been playing for about an hour and a half she manages to beat me, she starts screaming in my face acting like if she just got a lottery ticket win. Same thing when she invites her other sister. She beats me. She also blows up.

BTW, it's not because I suck it's because his sister was hot.

Teddy2116
04-06-2009, 06:18 PM
It's true. You can get AIDS/cooties through Halo.

I personally hate most girl gamers. It seems that one kill/win is enough for them to blow up in my face.

A short story. I'm playing with a friend some good ol' Street Fighter. He leaves to use the lou. Next thing you know his sister comes in. I've been playing for about an hour and a half she manages to beat me, she starts screaming in my face acting like if she just got a lottery ticket win. Same thing when she invites her other sister. She beats me. She also blows up.

BTW, it's not because I suck it's because his sister was hot.

lol was or is???

Anyway yea i know what ya mean, they trip out whenever they win

sataned
04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Female version of this:

so basically Girl gamers look exactly like this?

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
so basically Girl gamers look exactly like this?
I wouldn't know what exactly they look like, they're mythical beasts like unicorns or fairies or compassionate conservatives.

.Gogo
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm a girl gamer.

I used to be pretty hardcore into gaming, but now that it's such an expensive hobby, and I have limited time, not nearly as into it as before, though I still love gaming and would even like to dabble in the field someday.

I really enjoy RPGs like Final Fantasy or Xenosaga. I like games with interesting, detailed stories and memorable characters. But that's for when I'm playing by myself.

When I'm playing with friends, I like FPSs like Halo and Call of Duty, preferably Halo over any other FPS, though. Most of the time I kill with Fighter games, like Tekken or Soul Calibur.

And, most people think girl gamers aren't good at games, but I beat all my guy friends all the time whenever they come over. I can pick up any game and figure it out or remember combos fairly quickly. However, I'll openly admit that I completely FAIL at racing games. I don't know why, but I can never control them right. I love playing Grand Theft Auto but it takes me awhile to get through the racing bits xD

And, Papi, girl gamers ARE like that. Really, it's an epidemic. I'm like that.. but, the difference is that I'm usually the one winning every round, so I can do that haha >:] And well, I happen to be very very competitive... so I don't know it could just be me.

...And, sometimes it's irritating about all the sterotypes if you're a girl gamer. If you're good, people think you're automatically gross, don't shower and are overweight, or that you just look like a dude. And, if you're pretty, nobody takes you seriously. Not to sound completely conceited [though I am being so] I think I'm fairly attractive, I like girly things, I wear dresses and makeups, and I happen to KICK BUTT in video games. Guys shouldn't be so stereotypical of girl gamers... :/

---

Bring Me The Horizon
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
D= that's not nice, although I'd like to meet more girls who plays games, or plays hacky sack!! ._. But that hasn't happend lately. Oh wait, yea it did xD at the Sakura Sunday fest =]

HACKY SACK FTW!!!! =) IM THE MASTER AT IT!

JIMBO.
04-07-2009, 05:48 AM
sometimes it's irritating about all the sterotypes if you're a girl gamer. If you're good, people think you're automatically gross, don't shower and are overweight, or that you just look like a dude. And, if you're pretty, nobody takes you seriously. Not to sound completely conceited [though I am being so] I think I'm fairly attractive, I like girly things, I wear dresses and makeups, and I happen to KICK BUTT in video games. Guys shouldn't be so stereotypical of girl gamers... :/

---

got nothing to do with what you look like if you have the skills.

Xieshunnuan
04-07-2009, 08:39 AM
HACKY SACK FTW!!!! =) IM THE MASTER AT IT!

TT_TT now I just need to find a girl "who" is really good and enjoys it too!

Amray The II
04-07-2009, 09:44 AM
ahh girl gamers arent bad !!!!! i beat people all the time in ssbb and street fighter.... my brother taught me all the moves, u just need proper training????

I bet you some Lucozade Sport drink that you would not be able to beat me at Street Fighter, if I played Sakura.

JIMBO.
04-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I bet you some Lucozade Sport drink that you would not be able to beat me at Street Fighter, if I played Sakura.

have you ever beaten a so called pro player 5 times in a row, when you are drunk?

Amray The II
04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
have you ever beaten a so called pro player 5 times in a row, when you are drunk?

I have not, due to the simple fact that I do not drink alcohol unless it is a special occasion or I am at a party..in which case there is no time for Street Fighter, I'm sorry to say.

But on 3-on-3 matches I can beat all of the opponents' three characters using just Sakura as my primary set-of-legs.

JIMBO.
04-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I have not, due to the simple fact that I do not drink alcohol unless it is a special occasion or I am at a party..in which case there is no time for Street Fighter, I'm sorry to say.

But on 3-on-3 matches I can beat all of the opponents' three characters using just Sakura as my primary set-of-legs.

off topic:
I love using sakura too since she so cheap with the running shouryuken punch and her haru inchiban sweep super combo you get some one in the corner they done for

on topic:
hey ladies if you playing a fighting most of the time do you play as a girl fighter I notice that playing a few girls.

Buruku
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Ugh, I never thought about the girls who win and then scream and throw it in your face. Those are the people who don't play very often, and now that I think about it, I have only met 1 kind of "girl gamer"

A) ones who know how to play a handful of games and they never touch anything else. They're usually pretty good at the games they do play, but show obvious awkwardness if they play something they haven't before.

And that's why I don't associate with them. They only talk about those few games and that's all they got. There was a few girls that have tried to use video games as an excuse to hang out with my bf, "we should game-it-up some night, I love video games." My aching arse they "love video games" that usually means they've played Guitar hero a few times. Good thing he never brought them home, I'd probably kill them.

My only other brief experience with females and video games have been in groups, where everyone will take turns. The girls usually suck and just giggle the whole time like idiots.

Dr. Hax
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Ugh, I never thought about the girls who win and then scream and throw it in your face. Those are the people who don't play very often, and now that I think about it, I have only met 1 kind of "girl gamer"

-Those girls who scream and rub their victories in your face are the reason I don't play with girls, period. On the other hand, because of their actions, I make sure they learn a lesson. (Toying with them in the first round and then stomping them into the dirt after because they don't know of my toying around with them.)

Lesson: Ladies, if you're going to rub your victory in someone's face, make sure you don't underestimate the opponent and make sure they are fighting at the fullest.

-What I question is why the gamer girls in my area are ugly...I'm turned off by all of them as a result because I fear gamer girls are all fat and ugly.

JIMBO.
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
-Those girls who scream and rub their victories in your face are the reason I don't play with girls, period. On the other hand, because of their actions, I make sure they learn a lesson. (Toying with them in the first round and then stomping them into the dirt after because they don't know of my toying around with them.)

Lesson: Ladies, if you're going to rub your victory in someone's face, make sure you don't underestimate the opponent and make sure they are fighting at the fullest.

-What I question is why the gamer girls in my area are ugly...I'm turned off by all of them as a result because I fear gamer girls are all fat and ugly.

I been known to toy with them sometimes but I dont no more, I might come off as being aragant which I'm not.

Amray The II
04-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Girls are fun to play with, I think. When they giggle and rub things in your face; it just adds to the fun. It is an entirely different experience than playing with others males thus I think that it is enjoyable to do and I like it.

Dr. Hax
04-07-2009, 01:25 PM
I been known to toy with them sometimes but I dont no more, I might come off as being aragant which I'm not.

No, no, no, I completely understand. I am just the type to make sure a valuable gamer's lesson sticks in.

Example: My ex and I were playing SOCOM: Combined Assault. She was taking fire but constantly calling on me for backup. I merely told her that if they are at a distance but you can't get a shot in, try using either a frag grenade to kill, a flashbang grenade to disorient for a few seconds or a smoke grenade to screen your movement to make your escape. I also told her to make sure she holds down the throwing button to control the power of the throw. Next thing I know, she's under fire and tries to throw a grenade at a group of 3 terrorists. A 4th terrorist tries coming from the rear to kill her. She throws the grenade but didn't put much power into the throw. The grenade bounced off of the cover she was behind, killing both her and the terrorist behind her. I started laying some suppressing fire afterwards and got sniped while 3 of my men ambushed the remaining 3 terrorists from the rear. We won the match and she gave me a reward for helping to teach her.

Remember, whether it's for revenge purposes or to help an ally, make sure a lesson is taught. The gaming world has some sort of educational experience.

Princely Dreaming Doll
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Have you ever thought to take in another consideration about girl gamers who scream in your face. There is so much stereotyping, you can even see it here. Guys think they are number 1. And they don't necessarily think girls can be geek gamers and know all the stuff. Girls may blow up in your face to show you, look at that I'm the same as you. A lot of guy gamers are complete jerks when it comes to female players. So I would blow up in your face too.

Khanxay
04-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I remember joining a Gears of War 2 match that had all girl players on one side. We got our [butt] handed to us really bad.

Other than my sisters, I don't know any actual girls that play games so... eh.

Haoie
04-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Ah, you crazy awesome girls.

Xieshunnuan
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Have you ever thought to take in another consideration about girl gamers who scream in your face. There is so much stereotyping, you can even see it here. Guys think they are number 1. And they don't necessarily think girls can be geek gamers and know all the stuff. Girls may blow up in your face to show you, look at that I'm the same as you. A lot of guy gamers are complete jerks when it comes to female players. So I would blow up in your face too.

Guys thinks their number one? Oo like holy crap, then what's going on with me! I "don't" consider myself as great, it's good or ok. And the girl gamer screamin' in your face thing, I've meet atleast 6 and friends with them for almost 4 years, but they don't go all in your face. (That's not what a gamer is like.)

Dr. Hax
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Guys thinks their number one? Oo like holy crap, then what's going on with me! I "don't" consider myself as great, it's good or ok. And the girl gamer screamin' in your face thing, I've meet atleast 6 and friends with them for almost 4 years, but they don't go all in your face. (That's not what a gamer is like.)

I have to agree with this statement. Would you agree that when it comes strictly to being a gamer, educational experiences can be had in said field?

For instance, giving field information of a certain area to a new player or informing a player of an enemy's weakness, if they haven't already found out.

Such information is quite valuable in games. That is learning, agreed?

Female gamers, if they do scream, need to control their estrogen levels. Men don't want to go deaf, after all. (Fact, with some exceptions.)

Amray The II
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I have never met a girl that is to scream and shout when she wins on a game. Usually they will just go,:"Yay!", and then continue on with their lives.

JIMBO.
04-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I have never met a girl that is to scream and shout when she wins on a game. Usually they will just go,:"Yay!", and then continue on with their lives.

I go "your done." after I beat someone at street fighter.if I lose I go "that was good rematch!?"

Xieshunnuan
04-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I have to agree with this statement. Would you agree that when it comes strictly to being a gamer, educational experiences can be had in said field?

For instance, giving field information of a certain area to a new player or informing a player of an enemy's weakness, if they haven't already found out.

Such information is quite valuable in games. That is learning, agreed?

Female gamers, if they do scream, need to control their estrogen levels. Men don't want to go deaf, after all. (Fact, with some exceptions.)

haha this man speaks logic!! YOU"RE MY NUMBER ONE.. errr AF per..person? Well, the point is that girl/guy gamer, doesn't matter. A gamer should be respected on their base knowledge in the games category. But yeah, please don't scream the in-your-face thing.

daft
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
The majority of my posse consists of girl gamers -_o

Yugure's Goddess
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm usually not as good with fast-paced games but that's just because I have HORRID hand-eye coordination. I'm pretty sure my womanhood (for fear of using a funnier, though inappropriate word) did nothing to effect any of this.

I will say, though, that there is a difference between feeling pressured and being sucky. You see, almost all the time, I play a game ten times worse just because somebody is watching me or competing against me. I just... blegh... don't like it when I know somebody is keeping track of what I'm doing like that, it wreaks havoc on my nerves and I feel like I'm being judged the whole time. I guess I REALLY just feel like I have something to prove, especially if it's a guy watching because, well... I've met plenty of guys that don't think girls can play video games very well, or who always think they have the upper hand if they play against a girl. That's kind of lame of me, but I just... well, put simply: I hate other people.

I mind screw myself into suckiness. I think I'm a pretty good gamer especially with puzzle games (I <3 PUZZLES!), I'm just very good at tearing myself down.

That came out a bit more personal that I meant it to.

On a lighter note: I did beat my boyfriend at Guitar Hero, and he's a pretty avid gamer! w00t! Go me!

I do find it amusing, though, that I'll usually beat the crap out of guy on a fighting game just by button mashing. And they're all like "I worked for hours getting super perfect awesome move and you wouldn't let me use it." Well, yeah! I'm trying to beat you. Or the old classic. "You're cheating you're just hitting buttons, you're not even playing." Hey, buddy, if it works, it works, and if you're so great, shouldn't you be able to thwart my ignorant wins over you? Oh you can't? Well then I'm not cheating, you suck just as much as, if not more than me! And then I do some giggling and smirking while they cuss under their breath.

love
dani
dude

Xieshunnuan
04-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm usually not as good with fast-paced games but that's just because I have HORRID hand-eye coordination. I'm pretty sure my womanhood (for fear of using a funnier, though inappropriate word) did nothing to effect any of this.

I will say, though, that there is a difference between feeling pressured and being sucky. You see, almost all the time, I play a game ten times worse just because somebody is watching me or competing against me. I just... blegh... don't like it when I know somebody is keeping track of what I'm doing like that, it wreaks havoc on my nerves and I feel like I'm being judged the whole time. I guess I REALLY just feel like I have something to prove, especially if it's a guy watching because, well... I've met plenty of guys that don't think girls can play video games very well, or who always think they have the upper hand if they play against a girl. That's kind of lame of me, but I just... well, put simply: I hate other people.

I mind screw myself into suckiness. I think I'm a pretty good gamer especially with puzzle games (I <3 PUZZLES!), I'm just very good at tearing myself down.

That came out a bit more personal that I meant it to.

On a lighter note: I did beat my boyfriend at Guitar Hero, and he's a pretty avid gamer! w00t! Go me!

I do find it amusing, though, that I'll usually beat the crap out of guy on a fighting game just by button mashing. And they're all like "I worked for hours getting super perfect awesome move and you wouldn't let me use it." Well, yeah! I'm trying to beat you. Or the old classic. "You're cheating you're just hitting buttons, you're not even playing." Hey, buddy, if it works, it works, and if you're so great, shouldn't you be able to thwart my ignorant wins over you? Oh you can't? Well then I'm not cheating, you suck just as much as, if not more than me! And then I do some giggling and smirking while they cuss under their breath.

love
dani
dude

Hahah I know what you mean. You tend to get distracted to thinking, oh god, am I doing it right, hope I don't screw up! Someone teaches me to play SSB Melee (hate brawl sorry) like a coach in other words. And, when I practice with him (he's the best Jigglypuff player on the west coast) I tend to think about not screwing up and I do anyhow xD How does that happen? good question lol.

Yugure's Goddess
04-10-2009, 08:14 AM
By the way, I really feel like I want to say something. Umm... yeah... the whole screaming in your face thing, I think you guys are taking it entirely too seriously. I can't imagine some one even remotely rational doing that and being completely serious. I think they were probably trying to be funny and silly. I mean I do that. I usually am too shy to do a full blown scream but if I beat somebody I'll usually start like laughing and pointing at them and stuff, but that's just cause I think me being mean is kinda funny, especially since that's kind of the nature of my style funny: cruel funny.

My friends know this (which, with me knowing this, makes me love them even more than I do) and they play along, usually get embarrassed and start laughing and saying stuff like "shut up" "I hate you" and then they pretend that they're about to cry. Or, if it's Trace he'll go all out and do some full blown 'crying' and run out of the room all emotional-like. It's really great. Trace will do the full scream in your face thing, but again, it's not serious. It's for a laugh. And the way he does it is EXTREMELY funny and just completely ridiculous.

love
dani
dude

MidnightMayonaka
04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Haha girl gamers. yeah im one of them 4 sure XD

JIMBO.
04-10-2009, 10:52 AM
any girls like RTS games ?

my ex liked to play my warcraft III but she always played at the Night Elfs, and I liked undead.

LittleGirl
04-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm a girl gamer, and I'm not ugly, fat or loud. (:

TheAgentD
04-19-2009, 04:03 PM
First I was like GIRL GAMERS! Then I was like not many girls here... T_T Then I was like MORE GIRLS! Then I realized how schizofrenic (99% I spelled it wrong) that sounded. Then I posted this. :wacko:
I have never met a real gamer girl. The only remotely close to the topic was when my class had a party/disco. All the cute/popular girls (including the one I liked) watched some guys playing that über hard song on Guitar Hero over and over again. Too bad I got bunched together with the World of Warcraft nerds, even though I quit playing it a long time before. Suxxors...
I'm still waiting for that perfect super-cute anime-loving gamer girl to climb in through my window at night... Crap. I did not say that.

sataned
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm a girl gamer, and I'm not ugly, fat or loud. (:

lies...

anyways! i once knew a girl gamer, but i didnt really know her...
she wasnt the greatest looking girl but she had a great RACK! :closedeye

PS: The arcades have alot of girl gamers! for cheap sometimes (theyre probably all lesbians)... GOO GET EM!

JIMBO.
04-21-2009, 12:23 PM
there are no girl gamers in the parts of the arcade I go in they tend to stay away from the fighting games.

Dr. Hax
04-21-2009, 12:32 PM
lies...

What he said...

The arcades have alot of girl gamers! for cheap sometimes (theyre probably all lesbians)

Fat, ugly lesbians...ugh...

I gave up trying to find one...They just aren't worth the time...

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-21-2009, 12:37 PM
What he said...

Yes, because a woman playing games = overweight lesbian. She also might have antlers.

Then again, I find games rather boring as of late. I'm usually too busy to play them anymore, except for a few times during lunch breaks when I play my DS.

But that's probably because I have too many other things to do, lol.

JIMBO.
04-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I think the ds was made for girls since all the ad's for it over here have girls playing it in them all the time. not matter what the game

Ωmega
04-21-2009, 01:08 PM
there are no girl gamers in the parts of the arcade I go in they tend to stay away from the fighting games.
I just stay away from arcades, period. Having boys surround you like you some sort of freak show isnt fun.
"A girl...and shes playing Mortal Kombat?? Shes using Scorpion??? Holy crap!"

[<333 Scorpion]

Besides, I can play my mortal kombat, street fighter and guilty gear at home.

What he said...

Im not a fat ugly lesbian ;______________________;

Im not super thin and stunning either, but I most certainty am not a lesbian. Like I said, theres several of us, we're just in hiding >3

...cause we're busy gaming at home =D

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I think the ds was made for girls since all the ad's for it over here have girls playing it in them all the time. not matter what the game
It was made for people who wanted to play the DS, including children. I could care less though, I enjoy it anyways.

:]

JIMBO.
04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I just stay away from arcades, period. Having boys surround you like you some sort of freak show isnt fun.
"A girl...and shes playing Mortal Kombat?? Shes using Scorpion??? Holy crap!"

[<333 Scorpion]

Besides, I can play my mortal kombat, street fighter and guilty gear at home.

what kind of gamer let alone a girl have problems playing anywhere anytime. also who you play as means nothing a good player is good with anyone, choose random select a lot of the time.

Cantelope
04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
http://beconfused.com/images/2007/06/Female-Gamers-might-enjoy-more-when-it-is-plugged-in.jpg

Dr. Hax
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Yes, because a woman playing games = overweight lesbian. She also might have antlers.

But antlers are awesome.

Antlers disembowel man...

Small intestines are removed...

Plastic eyes are placed on...

Thing is held in the air...

Look at that!!! you now have one of the greatest phenomena evar!!!

http://tpsaye.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fsm.jpg

Ωmega
04-21-2009, 03:39 PM
what kind of gamer let alone a girl have problems playing anywhere anytime. also who you play as means nothing a good player is good with anyone, choose random select a lot of the time.
Little punctuation <3

And it -is- a problem when people wont leave you alone and let you play. I never said I didnt play as, lets say, Sub-Zero, Jade, Raiden, etc, etc, etc, just that Scorpion was always my favorite of the bunch.

JIMBO.
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Little punctuation <3

And it -is- a problem when people wont leave you alone and let you play. I never said I didnt play as, lets say, Sub-Zero, Jade, Raiden, etc, etc, etc, just that Scorpion was always my favorite of the bunch.

wont leave you alone how? what do they do that is so bad ?

I just play as all of them since I'm such fighting game buff.

Aizen-sama
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM
<p>Hey i can totally agree with u i love the samurai and dynasty warrior seris also i will sometimes stay up the 12 in the morning playing games(maybe im on the extreme side) also i dont think guys are better gamers it depends on u as a gamer i hav a friend thats a male that suck at games so i dont think girls suck more at games i think some are just not as enthused as males are

Ωmega
04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
wont leave you alone how? what do they do that is so bad ?

I just play as all of them since I'm such fighting game buff.
Ive been hit on a few times, usually that leads up to "how old are you?"

I stopped going because it used to run a bit like this:

"Im 20"
"...arent you kinda old to be here?"

;________________;

sataned
04-22-2009, 01:33 AM

"Im 20"

;________________;

wellllll obviously your going to the wrong arcade... come to my arcade! :laugh: age dont matter woo! i'll still hit on you! rejection doesnt faze me either girl! so we'll have to just skip that part. But i also like girls that play hard to get so dont make toooo easy girlie... im jk. if i saw you in... nope i wouldnt see you in an arcade... all i see is sexy sexy boxes with screens, buttons and joysticks!

JIMBO.
04-22-2009, 06:38 AM

"Im 20"

;________________;

who'd hit on a girl in an arcade? round here thats not the way to pick up a girl and....... age dont matter! we all there to play!

the arcade I go to have all ages in there I even played a 10 year old at tekken 6 and I'm 25. who cares!

wowzabunny
04-22-2009, 06:42 AM
I have never seen in my life a girl gamer
SOUNDS COOL

Cantelope
04-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I have never seen in my life a girl gamer
SOUNDS COOL

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/484/1216117117202hf0.jpg

COOL!!!!!

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
The non-obese, more marketable kind is slightly more interesting (as well as rare.)

http://g.imagehost.org/0711/lolmeh.jpg

Ωmega
04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
who'd hit on a girl in an arcade? round here thats not the way to pick up a girl and....... age dont matter! we all there to play!

the arcade I go to have all ages in there I even played a 10 year old at tekken 6 and I'm 25. who cares!
I wish everyone was like that. Im 22 now and have a fear of going back to an arcade because Im 'old'.

So I just play at home

COOL!!!!!

MY EYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! THEY BUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN

Dr. Hax
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I have to agree with Dashi...that chick is...oh god, I think I should drink ipecac and vomit from that as there will be no memories of that picture locked in my mind.

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
wow... this is fersure one of the sexiest pics ive ever seen...
so fare ive busted 3times total to this pic .. she has me drooling right now mmmmmm girl gamers
that other pic of that hott chik holding a controller doesnt interest me at all.. SHE doesnt play video games... and if she does, shes isnt hardcore like the sexiness up above... plus shes wearing a Transformers shirt... i think
It looks like a space invaders t-shirt, but it's probably just a random skull, heh. I have something like it.

sataned
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
It looks like a space invaders t-shirt, but it's probably just a random skull, heh. I have something like it.

nah its a megatron shirt that once looked like this

http://www.myteespot.com/images/Images_d/d_8173.jpg

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
nah its a megatron shirt that once looked like this

Oh, duh, thought you were talking about the other girl's shirt, lol sorry. Yep, that is most definately a transformers t-shirt. :3

sataned
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1130/525121676_d60db5dff2.jpg
i need to find me one of these right here...excluding the glassess maybe
im gonna make it one of my life missions now
you know shes playing 1 of the following 3 games forsure!
#1 DALL OF CUTIE
#2 HALO 3
#3 WEARS OF GAR 1or2

Dona_Vicenta
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't play regular games, too hard, but I play web-games sometimes, does that count?

http://walkingde.mybrute.com

I am this character. Come fight me if you dare! :)

Ωmega
04-23-2009, 12:54 AM
i need to find me one of these right here...excluding the glassess maybe
im gonna make it one of my life missions now
you know shes playing 1 of the following 3 games forsure!
#1 DALL OF CUTIE
#2 HALO 3
#3 WEARS OF GAR 1or2
Well, cant say Im that thin but that would basically be me xD

Also, minus the glasses >3

...and on the original Xbox...playing Fatal Frame 2 on FPS mode

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

That reminds me, I still need to finish re-playing Persona 4 and Jet Set Radio Future >_____>

sataned
04-23-2009, 03:46 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

That reminds me, I still need to finish re-playing Persona 4 and Jet Set Radio Future >_____>

0_0 persona... JSRF...
although i dont believe you sort of,i love you.!. marry me.!. i want you inside of me right now... lol jk maybe

Shinigami_55
04-23-2009, 04:18 AM
i know some girls gamers tht can kick my rear behind in tony hawk american wasteland nd some can do a billion(my high score was 44million) nd some girls are average lik me,bt some suck at beggining,bt whit encouragement they will get better(i knw a friend tht get a lot better)

Heinekenrana
04-23-2009, 10:56 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

YAY PERSONA!

Also, I can't find ANY of the Fatal Frame games where I am, so lucky you.

I've just beaten RE5 (again) on Veteran - I'll get to Pro eventually, I swear - and am debating playing SH2 and The Suffering: TTB again just to kill time until the next Devil Summoner game finally gets here.

The Governator
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
What? Girl gamers? They exists?

Do they play RTS games or do they play boring games like FPS games?

Rem Nightfall
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/484/1216117117202hf0.jpg

COOL!!!!!

Don't you think that's a bit rude man...but kind of funny. How about Unreal Tournament ladies? Who plays Unreal Tournament around here? Cause man I will fight you. I'm king of the mountain in that game.

Ωmega
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
0_0 persona... JSRF...
although i dont believe you sort of,i love you.!. marry me.!. i want you inside of me right now... lol jk maybe
I am ADDICTED to Persona 3 and 4. Id be more than happy to take pictures of me with the games and try to get a shot of my save time on Persona 4. Its something like 153 hours [on my second play through].

Ive played~

Metal Gear Solid 4
The Darkness
Dead Space
Manhunt 1 and 2
Lots-o-Mario titles
Persona 3 and 4
Fatal Frame 1-3
Metroid Corruption
Rule of Rose
Silent Hill 2, Origins and Homecomming
Little Big Planet
Siren
Katamari Damancy
GTA 4
JSRF
Elebits
Pokemon
Guitar Hero
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
Halo 1 and 2
Time Splitters
Gears of War
Portal/Orange Box
Phantasy Star Online and Universe
Fable
Assassins Creed
F.E.A.R
Doom 3
Riddick [the first one]
Indigo Porphecy
Condemned 2

I think Im missing a good chunk of titles...but I cant think of which ones...
and thats on main consoles only. Hand-held games and oldies [like Duck Hunt] would add much, much more =D

There were maybe 3 girls in the Game art and Design department back when I was taking it as my major. So theres even some of us girls who design video games too =D

LittleGirl
04-24-2009, 11:57 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

Ah, Persona 4! So, addicting. My PS3 stopped working so I can't play it. I'm going through some withdrawal. Every few minutes I'm like, "I think I'll play some Street Fighter...oh, wait.", "I feel like some Fallout...nope.", "LBP sounds good...F***!". At least the Xbox and Wii are fine...

Don't lose hope guys, there are non-ugly, fat, loud, lesbian gamers out there.

Bulf
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
And all this time I thought girl gamers were a myth...

Amray The II
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I would love to meet a really sexy girl that would just sit down and have a few rounds of Street Fighter with me, and she actually proves a challenge too. I am sure there are some out there in the world.

But the day I meet a girl that plays Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid or Project Zero; that would be awesome! She would probably be Japanese but that is better for me. That way she would be the ultimate female by my standards.

Minato Namikaze
04-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Girl Gamers? He he how cute. Whenever my wife touches my controller it ends up smelling like perfume.. so nice. -sniff sniff.-

SailorTwilight
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I've been a girl gamer ever since I was born. The only games I really like to play is ones that have adventure and fighting in it. Ex. Naruto, Bleach, Soul Caliber 4, Street Fighter, FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts 2, etc.

I think that Video Games are awesome!!!!!!!!!!:D

Bun-chan
04-26-2009, 03:45 AM
i like videogames too! even if i havent played that many and i think i can count all videogames ive beaten with my fingers... hmmm... but i guess thats ok ^_^ im still young! :D

Ωmega
04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I would love to meet a really sexy girl that would just sit down and have a few rounds of Street Fighter with me, and she actually proves a challenge too. I am sure there are some out there in the world.

But the day I meet a girl that plays Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid or Project Zero; that would be awesome! She would probably be Japanese but that is better for me. That way she would be the ultimate female by my standards.
Here its called Fatal Frame. And it has to be my ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES EVER.

I bought a Japanese Wii JUST to play the fourth installment of the game, since theres been an official report from Tecmo that it wont be released in America...which made me cry.

Silent Hill is ok, but thats because Im awfully biased and think Fatal Frame is the greatest survival horror game EVAH.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was ok....but it felt like a movie. Cut scenes that go for more than 3 mins arent my thing.

<<[not Japanese]

JIMBO.
04-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 was ok....but it felt like a movie. Cut scenes that go for more than 3 mins arent my thing.

<<[not Japanese]

tell me about it plus I hate when there are cut scenes mid boss fight or anything that you cant skip.

The Nightingale
04-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I am a girl gamer :]
I been playing video games for a loooooooong time. I vaguely remmber playing Mario on the N64, growing up. I love all types, though recently I'v gotten into Fallout 3, Half Life 2, and games similar to those. I also love RPG's like Fable II or Oblivion, Final Fantasy X, Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic, Kingdom Hearts, and Legend of Zelda. And of course I play World of Warcraft.

The only slightly girly games I'v played would be The Sims series, Pokemon and FFX2

Someone said earlier that girls suck at fighting games because they stick to the same tactics. And I want to agree with that. I do tend to do that in fighting games.

Legend of the Twilight
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm a hardcore RPG player. I try to get through one a month, but some RPGs take longer than others. I've been playing video games in general since Sega Genesis came out. Once I fell upon the grace of Japanese RPGs though, I knew I found the genre of my life. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do with a lot of my time if I didn't have video games.

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Someone said earlier that girls suck at fighting games because they stick to the same tactics. And I want to agree with that. I do tend to do that in fighting games.
When I was small, I thought I would instantly win all battles in street fighter if I just used chun-li and repeatedly tapped the button to use her "Lighting Kick" ... and also just mashed the buttons hoping i'd do some weird super-special attack. Rofl.

My cousin would always get mad at me for doing that because he said I was cheating. So i'd have to agree, to some extent. :]

Tetsanosuke
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
The girl gamer. Proof that God exists.

I'm sorry Mavericker, not your God. =O

But still, I know a few Girl gamers. The only bad part is when your true love lives half her life in WoW. Or some similar MMO situation.

Kaitou+
04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I've been a girl gamer ever since I was born. The only games I really like to play is ones that have adventure and fighting in it. Ex. Naruto, Bleach, Soul Caliber 4, Street Fighter, FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts 2, etc.

I think that Video Games are awesome!!!!!!!!!!:D

RPG.

And I agree with Kaji......when I played with girls, they were always some random Tomboy.

IdleSniper
04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Girls? Where are you? :Desperation Mode ON:

Miss Electric Moonlight
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
RPG.

And I agree with Kaji......when I played with girls, they were always some random Tomboy.
I used to be somewhat of a tomboy when I was smaller, but i'm actually quite feminine. I just don't "overdo" it.

It's totally possible to find a woman who looks/acts like a woman (well, I guess is "expected" to act) and enjoys playing games. But it depends on where you go.

seiteki_otaku
04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Hehe, I'm on the same page when it comes to the
tomboy thing. But...I have trouble hanging out with
chicks (I think I'm 3 steps away from basically being
a guy!! scary...) Oh, and I LIVE for Diablo...
LIVE FOR IT. I'm going to a college in Arizona in order
to HoPeFuLlY get in touch with Blizzard and work up
some sort of internship. (also, if anyone is familiar with UAT
please contact me somehow!!!)
Anyways...the only "girly" trait I posses is that I talk A LOT ; ]

Heinekenrana
04-28-2009, 08:31 PM
The girl gamer. Proof that God exists.

I'm sorry Mavericker, not your God. =O

But still, I know a few Girl gamers. The only bad part is when your true love lives half her life in WoW. Or some similar MMO situation.

I've never seen the appeal of MMOs. I just prefer to play my RE or my SH or whatever and then walk away.

Sadly I can see the appeal of living in the survival horror genre, though. I mean, who wouldn't want to automatically know how to shoot anything AND be able to shove gas canisters down an exploding gator the size of a bus?

[Spoiler]
05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately the gaming community is pretty harsh on girls. If a girl were to reveal her gender in game chances are she will be harassed, or be told she's a ugly lesbian and that girls don't exist on the internet. I have seen quiet a few guys who won't even believe a girl is playing a game until she shows him her pic, otherwise she is a guy pretending to be a girl for attention. And most discussions about girl gamers are about how fat or sexy they are supposed to be.

Cantelope
05-06-2009, 05:07 PM
And most discussions about girls gamers are about how fat or sexy they are supposed to be.
and notice how it still works!

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately the gaming community is pretty harsh on girls. If a girl were to reveal her gender in game chances are she will be harassed, or be told she's a ugly lesbian and that girls don't exist on the internet. I have seen quiet a few guys who won't even believe a girl is playing a game until she shows him her pic, otherwise she is a guy pretending to be a girl for attention. And most discussions about girl gamers are about how fat or sexy they are supposed to be.
I wonder why that is. Misogyny ftw, right? lol.

As for me, I don't play them much anymore, even if I did, i'd never get on a online-game such as xbox live simply because of that. Also because I wouldn't be interested in playing with a bunch of those kinds of idiots, anyway.

Luka Megurine
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Im a girl gamer first of all.

but yea they are pretty harsh. Ok I was playing Gears Of War 2 and I was sick and my mic on Xbox makes me sound like a boy so the illness made my voice change. Everyone in that whole game called me a gay Michael Jackson person. And I said 10 times Im a girl.

And the other day, my friend over it sent a picture to another friend of mine and said that she looked ugly and fat and she doesnt sound like either. My brother had to console her in a party by making her laugh....but mostly every guy gamer, that I talked to,like talks about sex 24/7 and then I said I had a sister and they told me to go tell her nasty crap. ok...yes...Im very noobie...and shouldnt have done that.....I get it.....but thats all i gotta say.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Metal Gear series including Metal Gear Online.

Zone of Enders & Anubis Story

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune *excited about the second one*

Little Big Planet

Street Fighter series

Final Fantasy Series except VII and VIII.

Ratchet and Clank

Guilty Gear *plans on getting Blazing Blue*

King of Fighters series.

Prince of Persia series.

Folklore

Tenchu series

Xenogears

Lumines

Robotech Battle Cry.

Psychonauts

Valkyria Chronicles.

These are just a few of the games I play as a long time Sony Playstation user.

Scarred DNA
05-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I think this is the first time I've ever encountered so many female gamers, even on the net.

I've been gaming since about 1988 or so. I was fortunate enough to grow up during the 'Golden Years' (to me, anyway) of gaming. Back when we all waited for Hyper Fighting to come to the arcade, Street Fighter II and Star Fox were on display at Sears, Mortal Kombat made you kill people, and Sonic the Hedgehog had just come onto the scene.

Most of what I play, even today, is pretty vintage stuff. Contra, Hyper Fighting, Sonic, Snatcher. My only claim to gaming modernization is the Zelda franchise, Halo, Agent Under Fire, and L: Change the World. WTF? No. That should be L: The Prologue to Death Note. Christ Almighty.

As far as playing competitively - SF, mostly. Not so much anymore, but I do tend to get that itch and hop on Zbattle every so often. Unfortunately, the Arcade days are over and it was there, imo, that some of the best players/matches could be found.

Regarding the gender hate - I've really only encountered that online. I think respect comes a lot easier in real life, when you're face to face. I dunno.

I will say this, though. The few girl gamers I have encountered 'in the wild' have generally just had a bad attitude. I don't know if maybe it's me or what, but at times I can certainly understand the hate they get sometimes.

Cantelope
05-06-2009, 11:00 PM

but yea they are pretty harsh. Ok I was playing Gears Of War 2 and I was sick and my mic on Xbox makes me sound like a boy so the illness made my voice change. Everyone in that whole game called me a gay Michael Jackson person. And I said 10 times Im a girl.

And the other day, my friend over it sent a picture to another friend of mine and said that she looked ugly and fat and she doesnt sound like either. My brother had to console her in a party by making her laugh....but mostly every guy gamer, that I talked to,like talks about sex 24/7 and then I said I had a sister and they told me to go tell her nasty crap. ok...yes...Im very noobie...and shouldnt have done that.....I get it.....but thats all i gotta say.
ESRB isn't joking when they say your gaming experience may change with online play.

Xieshunnuan
05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Here its called Fatal Frame. And it has to be my ALL TIME FAVORITE SERIES EVER.

I bought a Japanese Wii JUST to play the fourth installment of the game, since theres been an official report from Tecmo that it wont be released in America...which made me cry.

Silent Hill is ok, but thats because Im awfully biased and think Fatal Frame is the greatest survival horror game EVAH.

<<[not Japanese]

OH HELL YESHH!~ I love Fatal Frame/MGS. I love Fatal Frame. I think 2 was the best for me so far. Hope they come out with a new one soon^^

Moko Chan
05-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Oh Im a girl gamer!! I have a pink DS Lite ^^

Interstellar Girl
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Guys act so immature on a lot of online games, if their not saying inappropriate things to you, then their accusing you of being a dike or really a guy. Im not saying all guys act that way, but it happens 9 times out of 10. Girl gamers exist, a lot just hide the fact that they are female for reasons i stated above. Why cant we all just play in peace and harmony, times are changing, they've been changing for a while, isnt about time you get used to it?

It has gotten a lot better now, compared to when I first got my PS3. Its probably about 4 times out of 10 now-a-days, but still 4 times too many

Broly3k8
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Hello ladies. I know this is a a girls only kinda thing here but i just wanted to ask a question...

Do any of you play on Call of Duty 4? I always look for more female players cause as the person above me stated, guy gamers can be so vulgar adn rude.. I would like to play one game were there isnt whyning about losing or winning and the "N" word getting thrown around by a bunch of back yard hicks.

That doesnt mean i dont like playing with guys.. most of my freinds are guys... but its always refreshing to play without all the added hateness..

BTW... as this has come up while playing... I AM NOT A PERV! There was this group of women that when i tried to add them they called me a perv... I was like WTH... oh well there loss not mine.. they werent that good anyway..

mimichan1000
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Sure i love playing video games!
I like RPG's & Driving games the most...:laugh:

Scarred DNA
05-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Guys act so immature on a lot of online games, if their not saying inappropriate things to you, then their accusing you of being a dike or really a guy.

Or of cheating. :banghead:

Broly3k8
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Guys act so immature on a lot of online games, if their not saying inappropriate things to you, then their accusing you of being a dike or really a guy. Im not saying all guys act that way, but it happens 9 times out of 10. Girl gamers exist, a lot just hide the fact that they are female for reasons i stated above. Why cant we all just play in peace and harmony, times are changing, they've been changing for a while, isnt about time you get used to it?

It has gotten a lot better now, compared to when I first got my PS3. Its probably about 4 times out of 10 now-a-days, but still 4 times too many
I dont know about the 4 times out of ten thing... its usually 9 times out of ten for me... Last night was the first time in a long time that i played a game lost and wasnt ragged on.. those were w pretty good set of games actually... Did anyone read my post above??

Ωmega
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I dont know about the 4 times out of ten thing... its usually 9 times out of ten for me... Last night was the first time in a long time that i played a game lost and wasnt ragged on.. those were w pretty good set of games actually... Did anyone read my post above??
I started CoD4, but my ex came and took back his PS3.

I miss playing it ;____;

Now I have a few games without the system T_______T

Broly3k8
05-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I started CoD4, but my ex came and took back his PS3.

I miss playing it ;____;

Now I have a few games without the system T_______T
Pfft... what a jerk.. Guess that could be a reason why he's en "Ex" though, huh?

Crystal Rain
05-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Men whenever I go to school and the game is up and running in the lounge, I be the only girl up in there...playing. We be playing melee. Its so fun. I guess I'm just one of the guys lol.

Seta Souji
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM

LOL. Yea some of my friends are guilty of doing that. I'm no sexist, I give every1 equal rights to hear my sh*t talking. But the last time i did that was during the C.S., D2, WC3 (dota) days.

My friends tell me its much worse on xbox than PS3 cuz every1 has a mic. Good thing i got a ps3. Takes a lot of time to text the damn msg and most ppl are lazy.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-07-2009, 07:37 PM

It's amazing what idiocy comes out of cowardly losers when they don a headset and yell random insults and racial slurs (such as is possible on xbox live's microphone headset), while they are hiding behind their aliases.

Ah, these kinds of games (as well as the internet in general) give people false balls. They'd never say these kinds of things to anyone's face, which I guess is part of the fun of it. If you're a loser, I guess. It's a full time job.

harakiri
05-07-2009, 08:56 PM

Lol. XD
I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I guess I could count as a girl gamer?
Yea? Yea? :D

Broly3k8
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
It's amazing what idiocy comes out of cowardly losers when they don a headset and yell random insults and racial slurs (such as is possible on xbox live's microphone headset), while they are hiding behind their aliases.

Ah, these kinds of games (as well as the internet in general) give people false balls. They'd never say these kinds of things to anyone's face, which I guess is part of the fun of it. If you're a loser, I guess. It's a full time job.
Ehh it depends on who you are... Honestly, wholheartedly i could truly say the things i say online to peoples faces... But that is because im Army Dumb and dont give a crap if your bigger then me or not.. ill still kick your (Butt). Although what you say is true, all non military folk (cause military will say it to your face and thats a fact) wont say the stuff they do face to face. And you have to admit, its pretty fun to yell at someone for no reason at least once a day. I think it builds character to some degree... but would never say the things i do if a lady is on the team.. im that darn nice.

OtakuInu!!!
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm a girl gamer!!!:D

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 08:26 AM

Heh. You've never been to the hood, I assume?

While that probably applies to the young burb kids sitting in front of their television, it doesn't apply to all groups of people in society.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Heh. You've never been to the hood, I assume?

While that probably applies to the young burb kids sitting in front of their television, it doesn't apply to all groups of people in society.
No, you assume wrong.

And, I think there is a slight difference between "the hood" and what people say and do in e-society. I was talking strictly about people doing it online, nowhere else. As in, the internet makes it far easier to be a complete doorknob and not face people directly.

If you were to say some of the things people say into the mic to others while playing these games to an actual person's face in the hood, you'd most likely end up in a body bag.

sataned
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
No, you assume wrong.

And, I think there is a slight difference between "the hood" and what people say and do in e-society. I was talking strictly about people doing it online, nowhere else. As in, the internet makes it far easier to be a complete doorknob and not face people directly.

If you were to say some of the things people say into the mic to others while playing these games to an actual person's face in the hood, you'd most likely end up in a body bag.

riight bodybags because everyone in the "hood" carrys guns right or prison shanks... people who talk tough/trash online usually are just doing it for fun or bordom or just for laughs, and are usually doing it because thats just their personality... if any of you girlies cant take the trash talk, then get off the onlines.!. =__= tsk tsk girls theyre so weak physically and mentally... lol jk WOOT i lOves the womens!

PS: if any of you had the ability to talk trash in a rude but somewhat funny way i bet youd be doing it all the time too... these are the people i usually try to befriends with on the online. gotta love the funny trash talking talkative people... now if only there were girls like this :closedeye

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
riight bodybags because everyone in the "hood" carrys guns right or prison shanks... people who talk tough/trash online usually are just doing it for fun or bordom or just for laughs, and are usually doing it because thats just their personality... if any of you girlies cant take the trash talk, then get off the onlines.!. =__= tsk tsk girls theyre so weak physically and mentally... lol jk WOOT i lOves the womens!

PS: if any of you had the ability to talk trash in a rude but somewhat funny way i bet youd be doing it all the time too... these are the people i usually try to befriends with on the online. gotta love the funny trash talking talkative people... now if only there were girls like this :closedeye
Whatever, that's not what the topic was about anyway, and i've lived in neighborhoods like that, so sorry.

It's one thing to have fun, but sometimes it crosses the line depending on what you say. So no, I don't really feel the need to shout racial slurs and sexually obscene insults at people I don't know.

I like you know, actually playing the games, not calling people the n-word every 5th sentence.

sataned
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Whatever, that's not what the topic was about anyway, and i've lived in neighborhoods like that, so sorry. "My Bad".

It's one thing to have fun, but sometimes it crosses the line depending on what you say. So no, I don't really feel the need to shout racial slurs and sexually obscene insults at people I don't know.

I like you know, actually playing the games, not calling people the n-word every 5th sentence.

wow what games are you playing online?
ive never heard any sexually obscene insults... or anything racsist while playing COD4 or GEARS2 or RE5 online... actually wait nvm ive heard alot of dudes telling other dudes to suck their junk lol, but ive never heard anything racsist... i think maybe your just hating on guy gamers Because of our SUPERIOR gaming and trash talking skills!... :closedeye

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
ive never heard any sexually obscene insults... or anything racsist while playing COD4 or GEARS2 or RE5 online... actually wait nvm ive heard alot of dudes telling other dudes to suck their junk lol, but ive never heard anything racsist... i think maybe your just hating on guy gamers Because of our SUPERIOR gaming and trash talking skills!... :closedeye
I don't play any online games, in fact I play very little games.

But since I do have friends and nephews that play xbox live and they obviously have friends who do the same, i've heard what they say quite a bit. Obviously not everyone on there does that, but they do.

Way to miss my entire point, though.

Broly3k8
05-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow youve never heard anything racist or sexist while playing on COD4? What have you been playing? Single player? Youve obviously not been playing online because most if not all games end in someone saying something racist or sexist.. or just down right stupid. I to used to live in the "hood" (Oak Cliff, Dallas Texas, East Side Woot Woot! *gang sign*) but thats not why i like to through obscene and sometime racial words out.. Its cause it builds character for all involved.

[Spoiler]
05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
i think maybe your just hating on guy gamers Because of our SUPERIOR gaming and trash talking skills!... :closedeye

lol

Moko Chan
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I like playing on RPG games and Fighty games such as Naruto :p

Shion Sonozaki
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Oh, so all the guys thought girl gamers are a myth? How would you like to hear that I AM A GIRL AND I PLAY VIDEO GAMES! But no stupid girly ones I like BLOOD AND GORE AND CAN PROOVE IT! I also do have some game conosles (Gamecube, PS2, Nintendo DS lite, Gameboy Advanced, ect.)!!!!

Now, do you guys know the truth? That girls also play blood and gore games and are better at it than guys (I have proof of that on camera), as far as I've seen.

Now here's a sight i'd like to see:
ALL the guys on AF to film themselves playing the giry-girlest game they can find and post it on youtube and link it to Af for everyone to see!

Or is there no usch thing as guy gamers and all the "guys" on here only a fake and lied about playing video games? Maybe even their gender (ok I hope not)?

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
No, you assume wrong.

You misunderstand.

What I meant was, a person's socialization (i.e., what strata they function in within society) can determine how they act and speak online, and whether or not they're "scared" to say those same types of things to one's face.

It's nice to assume that they're all too scared to say whatever they say in the mic to your face, but that's not always the case. Especially when you consider the different groups of people in society, and how they've been socialized to behave and interact with others in certain ways.

riight bodybags because everyone in the "hood" carrys guns right or prison shanks

Beat me to it. Thanks.

if any of you had the ability to talk trash in a rude but somewhat funny way i bet youd be doing it all the time too

I see a difference between talking trash, and just being a total d-bag. Yes, it's okay to unnerve your opponent to gain some kind of advantage, but there are also 'below the belt' blows that just ruin the experience for everyone. The N-bomb, for example.

Trash talking for me = Putting "the sexy" voice on and making those noises, or bedroom talk. Easiest way to unnerve a room full of dudes. If you can't handle that, ggpo.

rf switch
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Oh, so all the guys thought girl gamers are a myth? How would you like to hear that I AM A GIRL AND I PLAY VIDEO GAMES!.....

I never thought that. I know plenty of girls who play games. And I'm not talking about Tetris, Peggle and Minesweeper. Both my sisters played games when we grew up. One now just plays casual stuff like Wii Sports and Tetris, But the other one has all kinds of systems, And is really into Action some RPG's, and Rhythm Games. But not Guitar Hero Rhythm since she can play a real guitar. But stuff like Parappa the Rapper, Gitaroo Man, Frequency.

I know very few girls who actually don't play anything at all. And the majority of them get into more than WiiSports and the free games that Windows comes with.

And there was always my mom. She'd hog the Apple II to play Transylvania, hog the NES to play Super Mario Bros. and Tetris, and hog the PS1 for Bust-A-Move.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Wth does xbox or online gaming have to do with "the hood"? I don't even see why you brought that up here.

I was talking specifically about people who hide behind their mics and use that as an excuse to shout racial slurs and sexual insults simply because they are not directly in the person's face. This happens not only in online gaming, but on the internet in general. Their "socialization" matters not at that point. You don't need to have superior social skills to call someone an n-word while playing on xbox; any idiot can do that.

It's nice to assume that they're all too scared to say whatever they say in the mic to your face, but that's not always the case. Especially when you consider the different groups of people in society, and how they've been socialized to behave and interact with others in certain ways.

I never said they were "scared", lol. I said the internet and online gaming in general, bring out the inner jerk in people, and that makes it easier to say and do what they do because you don't need to know or even face the person. You can make death threats, say you'll chop off their limbs, say anything - - because you'd not dare do that to their face.

Beat me to it. Thanks.

I'm not exactly what he "beat you to", because your bringing up "the hood" made no sense whatsoever, and neither did his post.

I see a difference between talking trash, and just being a total d-bag. Yes, it's okay to unnerve your opponent to gain some kind of advantage, but there are also 'below the belt' blows that just ruin the experience for everyone. The N-bomb, for example.

... Did you read my posts at all?

Shion Sonozaki
05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
@rf switch: Well I don't have enough money for a Wii yet but I'm getting an Xbox or Xbox 360 for my birthday which isn't more htan a couple weeks from now... And I'm getting Xbox live hopefully... I know I will if I at least get an Xbox, like no duh! xD

I saw the word "guitar" in your message and I instantly had to say I love playing Guitar Hero qand I do play an actual guitar! But one of my favs has to be....... hmm.... idk. Halo maybe... IDK!

rf switch
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
@rf switch: Well I don't have enough money for a Wii yet but I'm getting an Xbox or Xbox 360 for my birthday which isn't more htan a couple weeks from now... And I'm getting Xbox live hopefully... I know I will if I at least get an Xbox, like no duh! xD

I saw the word "guitar" in your message and I instantly had to say I love playing Guitar Hero qand I do play an actual guitar! But one of my favs has to be....... hmm.... idk. Halo maybe... IDK!
If I were you I think I'd hold out for the 360 and just skip the original Xbox. Unless there's original Xbox games that you just got to play that aren't compatible with the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility.

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Wth does xbox or online gaming have to do with "the hood"? I don't even see why you brought that up here.

I was talking specifically about people who hide behind their mics and use that as an excuse to shout racial slurs and sexual insults simply because they are not directly in the person's face. This happens not only in online gaming, but on the internet in general. Their "socialization" matters not at that point. You don't need to have superior social skills to call someone an n-word while playing on xbox; any idiot can do that.

I've already explained this. But I see you're confusing "socialization" with "social skills", and these two terms do not reference the same concept.

One's socialization matters in all aspects of life, including the relationship between one's online behavior and real life behavior. This is the crux of what I was getting at.

I never said they were "scared", lol. I said the internet and online gaming in general, bring out the inner jerk in people, and that makes it easier to say and do what they do because you don't need to know or even face the person. You can make death threats, say you'll chop off their limbs, say anything - - because you'd not dare do that to their face.

You said it gives them "false balls". Am I incorrect in understanding that the opposite of having balls is being afraid? So having balls does not = being bold? Maybe you could clarify for me what it means, then, if that is not the case? I would appreciate it.

And again, while the situations you describe above apply to some people, they do not apply to all. It depends on how they've been socialized (taught) to interact with people. This is where I've tried to explain how the differences in one's learned behavior can determine whether this is true or not.

To simplify it to an extremity for the purpose of explanantion - a burb kid will most likely not say anything of the sort to someone in real life, or most likely won't make good on whatever is said. Someone socialized in a harsher environment - whom competes for resources or whom exists in more violent surroundings with less authority - is more likely to say such things to someone's face, and possibly follow-up on whatever is said.

I'm not exactly what he "beat you to", because your bringing up "the hood" made no sense whatsoever, and neither did his post.

... Did you read my posts at all?

He beat me in replying to your comment that such verbal conflicts as described above lead to someone ending up in a "body bag".

And I do apologize that my bringing up a different group of people in this society, and applying the differences in their learned behavior to this scenario has confused you.

I only wanted to convey to you that lumping everyone, across all types of social situations and strata, into the same group of reaction is not accurate.

Of course, the argument can be taken further in that percentages of these different groups who play online will most likely be disproportionate, but that is a little too in-depth for this discussion.

It was simply my intention to further build on an earlier comment to your post regarding the military community, and how they would act in real life compared to how they act online, in this situation.

The branching off of this discussion (which I believe makes things interesting, but to each his own) appears to have made you uncomfortable, so I apologize for that. Maybe I shouldn't have replied to your post specifically, and instead replied to the poster who first made the attempt to separate reactions based on learned behavior.

Which, by the way, I find relevant considering we are discussing gaming among genders, which is also a way in which society is stratified. So I thought, why not other groups and manifestations of stratification? Just thought I would take it to a different level. But I see that is not appreciated, so I know better for next time. No worries!:)

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey sorry, but you're not making things "more interesting". You're just making things more confusing.

I've already explained this. But I see you're confusing "socialization" with "social skills", and these two terms do not reference the same concept.

One's socialization matters in all aspects of life, including the relationship between one's online behavior and real life behavior. This is the crux of what I was getting at.

No. When I said "social skills", I actually meant "social skills."

You said it gives them "false balls". Am I incorrect in understanding that the opposite of having balls is being afraid? So having balls does not = being bold? Maybe you could clarify for me what it means, then, if that is not the case? I would appreciate it.

An example of false balls: hey i'm 12 and i'm gonna try to sound and act like one of the cool kids, so watch me shout racial slurs, insults and other swears at other people because that's cool, and I want to be cool while hiding behind my headset and mic because if I actually said these things to people's faces, i'd have only one working eye.

There is no "fear" element there.

And again, while the situations you describe above apply to some people, they do not apply to all. It depends on how they've been socialized (taught) to interact with people. This is where I've tried to explain how the differences in one's learned behavior can determine whether this is true or not.

Why do you feel the need to repeat "they do not apply to all" when i've already stated that I was only talking specifically about certain gamers, and not all gamers?

To simplify it to an extremity for the purpose of explanantion - a burb kid will most likely not say anything of the sort to someone in real life, or most likely won't make good on whatever is said. Someone socialized in a harsher environment - whom competes for resources or whom exists in more violent surroundings with less authority - is more likely to say such things to someone's face, and possibly follow-up on whatever is said.

Hey, welcome to the internet. None of that stuff matters when you're online. Or, it matters less.

I only wanted to convey to you that lumping everyone, across all types of social situations and strata, into the same group of reaction is not accurate.

Yea, I never did that.

It was simply my intention to further build on an earlier comment to your post regarding the military community, and how they would act in real life compared to how they act online, in this situation.

wha? I never had any post on the "military community" ... o_O

He beat me in replying to your comment that such verbal conflicts as described above lead to someone ending up in a "body bag".

No, he didn't really. Go into any neighboorhood, I don't care if it's good, bad, poor, or rich, and start shouting racial slurs and all sorts of insults really loudly. Depending on your location and the timing (day or night, try night), see how long it takes you to piss someone off.

As for the rest of whatever else you said, I have no idea.

Rem Nightfall
05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Reading this whole thread and not even getting into the argument above. But I read something that was generally unfair. That girl gamers who scream in your face aren't girl gamers. But that is just a double standard there. Guys do it all the time in their stupid Halo parties or other games. Their, "Yeah beat you man" or their stupid, "OOOOO" chants. Guys get rowdy and so can girls. Especially when they are facing a double standard in video games, and their facing a sexist quality.
Most cases men are expecting to win against a girl. And when the girl wins it times to celebrate, "Yeah in your face" or "Eat that...take it". Girl gamers are girl gamers. And screaming in your face doesn't make you less of a gamer. It's the adrenaline, excitement, and the pride of winning against sexist men that would make them scream in your face.

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Stuff

You know what? Nevermind. Just nevermind. You are way too stuck on only what you feel is relevant to the discussion . . . only what you want to talk about, so I'm really just wasting my time if you are not open or able to discuss something a little more in-depth. You're not reading what I'm typing, you're waiting to talk.

If you are conveniently ignoring certain explanations in my posts just so you can have the last word, then please just have it.

I apologize for confusing you.

Rem Nightfall
05-08-2009, 07:40 PM
You know what? Nevermind. Just nevermind. You are way too stuck on only what you feel is relevant to the discussion . . . only what you want to talk about, so I'm really just wasting my time if you are not open or able to discuss something a little more in-depth. You're not reading what I'm typing, you're waiting to talk.

If you are conveniently ignoring certain explanations in my posts just so you can have the last word, then please just have it.

Have you took into consideration you aren't listening to her? And don't call her names. I don't appreciate that.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM

It's because nothing you're saying is making any sort of sense.

I'd like to know where this post I apparently made in the "military community" is.

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Have you took into consideration you aren't listening to her? And don't call her names. I don't appreciate that.

I think it's clear from my posts that I took into consideration everything she said, and further tried to break-down my own POV for better understanding on her part.

Please show me where I've called her names, or expressed anything that was inaccurate.

It's because nothing you're saying is making any sort of sense.

I'd like to know where this post I apparently made in the "military community" is.

I think maybe that's because you're young, I realize now. So I'll take responsibility for this.

I never said you made the post. I said a comment to your post.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 07:58 PM
I think it's clear from my posts that I took into consideration everything she said, and further tried to break-down my own POV for better understanding on her part.

Please show me where I've called her names, or expressed anything that was inaccurate.

I think maybe that's because you're young, I realize now. So I'll take responsibility for this.

I never said you made the post. I said a comment to your post.
No, I think it's really because nothing you're saying is making any sort of sense in actuality. Age has little to do with it.

And where is this post I made? showing me would help.

Neg Rep coming from someone who whined and moaned in the Unban Me thread about getting negged? Hypocrite.

Oh hey, this netural newbie rep that is obviously from you, had nothing to do with this entire thread. Congrats.

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
No, I think it's really because nothing you're saying is making any sort of sense in actuality. Age has little to do with it.

And where is this comment I made, and what exactly does it have to do with this thread?

I think age has a lot to do with it. But also knowledge and the ability to think critically and value-free. To tell you honestly, if this discussion were taking place in a college classroom or on another, more adult-oriented forum, there would be a higher incidence of comprehension. So again, that's my fault for failing to realize that I have to cater my posts for the collective presence on this forum.

And once again, I stated it was a comment to your post. Would you please just re-read instead of asking me over and over and over?

Oh hey, this netural newbie rep that is obviously from you, had nothing to do with this entire thread. Congrats.

That's right, it's from me. It was so obvious, you actually had to clutter up this thread with mention of it? I like how you try to play the elitism card. So what if I'm a newbie? What does that have to do with anything other than I'm not as 'e-popular' as you? It's the thought that counts. And you seriously want to whine about it after you negged me first. Are you . . . serious?

And so you're dishonest now, too? Clearly, after reading that incident with you in the Banned thread and your behavior here, I think I just need to steer clear of you entirely. I've tried to remain civil while still staying true to the facts, and you're just . . . all over the place.

That's all on the subject. Yes, I will "get a clue" now that you mention it, and stick to discussing certain subjects with people who are able to discuss them.

Rem Nightfall
05-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I think age has a lot to do with it. But also knowledge and the ability to think critically and value-free. To tell you honestly, if this discussion were taking place in a college classroom or on another, more adult-oriented forum, there would be a higher incidence of comprehension. So again, that's my fault for failing to realize that I have to cater my posts for the collective presence on this forum.

And once again, I stated it was a comment to your post. Would you please just re-read instead of asking me over and over and over?

Actually I'm with Moonlight on this one. Age has nothing to do with it. It's the way the children have been raised. What kind of environment they live in, what they were taught as kids. As well as what they are being taught with the younger ones.
It has to do more with influence then age.

Miss Electric Moonlight
05-08-2009, 08:30 PM

That's right, it's from me. It was so obvious, you actually had to clutter up this thread with mention of it? I like how you try to play the elitism card. So what if I'm a newbie? What does that have to do with anything other than I'm not as 'e-popular' as you? It's the thought that counts. And you seriously want to whine about it after you negged me first. Are you . . . serious?

And so you're dishonest now, too? Clearly, after reading that incident with you in the Banned thread and your behavior here, I think I just need to steer clear of you entirely. I've tried to remain civil while still staying true to the facts, and you're just . . . all over the place.

That's all on the subject. Yes, I will "get a clue" now that you mention it, and stick to discussing certain subjects with people who are able to discuss them.
I am quite far from an "elitist", nor do I care about "e-popularity" or the fact that i've been here longer than you, it matters not. But you failed to leave your name in that rep in regards to something that had nothing to do with you, or this entire thread. Therefore, pointless.

And there is nothing wrong with my behavior here; you are the one being condescending and rude. I've remained civil, you haven't.

if this discussion were taking place in a college classroom or on another, more adult-oriented forum, there would be a higher incidence of comprehension. So again, that's my fault for failing to realize that I have to cater my posts for the collective presence on this forum.

This is animeforum, an online forum. Not a classroom.

So not only are you insulting me, you're also insulting the entire forum and all members on it? so um, are you serious?

well, maybe you're right - maybe you belong on a forum with like-minded individuals that will agree with everything you say. This place isn't it.

And so you're dishonest now, too? Clearly, after reading that incident with you in the Banned thread and your behavior here, I think I just need to steer clear of you entirely. I've tried to remain civil while still staying true to the facts, and you're just . . . all over the place. I'm still trying to figure out what something that happened 3 years ago has to do with you, or this thread in general. Picking at straws doesn't help you.

You obviously don't belong here. We cannot reach your awesome level of comprehension, obviously.

Scarred DNA
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Actually I'm with Moonlight on this one. Age has nothing to do with it. It's the way the children have been raised. What kind of environment they live in, what they were taught as kids. As well as what they are being taught with the younger ones.

I also agree with her, to a point. Do you believe that the average (not highly intelligent . . . just average) 14 - 16 year old can hold a relevant, intellectual discussion with, say, a college graduate? For instance, Nature vs. Nurture? Or the gender gap/stereotype and the socialization agents/institutions that influence it?

I'll agree, it's their socialization that can sometimes determine this. It determines everything in all aspects of life. But age also plays a part, too, I believe. There's experience, knowledge, the full maturity of the human brain (especially impulse control and the judgement centers), and education to be considered, which two people on the age spectrum won't match up in.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Good thing i got a ps3. Takes a lot of time to text the damn msg and most ppl are lazy.

If you have a PS3, you should PM me your PSN ID.

~DizzyElf~
05-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I used to consider myself a girl gamer, but I haven't played so long.

I played Quake 3 Arena a lot.
I was obsessed with playing it non stop.
I was actually good at it too.

It's hard to come by girl gamers, but I agree it has a lot
to do with age.

Broly3k8
05-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I agree.. i would be giving out rep for this but i can not rep anyone, cause i have to "spread some around first".. Yes Rem that was mine that i sent you. Ijust forgot to add my name....wooops

Inamorata
05-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I play mainly just PC games...
First person shooters & RPG's
The current first person shooters are...
-Counter Strike 1.6
-Day of Defeat Source
-CS Source
The current and not so current RPG's are...
-World of Warcraft
-Diablo
-Ultima Online
-Final Fantasy 11
-and some others I have forgotten because its been so long.. @.@

MomijiTMO
05-09-2009, 12:42 AM
O___o

I think it's settled, girls are insane.

Interstellar Girl
05-09-2009, 02:24 AM
O___o

I think it's settled, girls are insane.

lol, what makes you say that? Everyone can be a little crazy sometimes, its just written in our DNA

Ωmega
05-09-2009, 03:01 AM
OK, getting back on topic

I just spent 7 hours straight playing the new Fatal Frame. I really wish I could read Japanese ;_______;

Still, its addicting like crazy. Like. CRAZY.

<3

Shion Sonozaki
05-09-2009, 06:39 PM
If I were you I think I'd hold out for the 360 and just skip the original Xbox. Unless there's original Xbox games that you just got to play that aren't compatible with the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility.

In that case I have a question:
I recetnly waas told to watch Resident Evil (which I think I will watch it) and heard they came out with a 5th game for it. Are any of the Resident Evil games on the 360? I NEED to play them! Form what i heard from friends REALLY cought my attention and I just need to try them otu for myself! Resident Evil forever!

*NOTE* I'm not so familiar with the games so i may know nothing about the games!

-akichan-
05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh I never noticed this thread.

I'm a girl gamer, but I don't play games as frequent as drinking water. The thing is, I love playing online games the most, then video and PC games comes after.

Maru--Fatal Frame was too scary for me to even start the game for more than 5 minutes x_x;

So what if I'm a newbie?

Personally what I think, repping back at the one who repped you as revenge is already proving that. xD

Broly3k8
05-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Hummm.... this topic has come to a slight crash....

So... i just got COD5 World at War.. and greatly pleased at how much it is NOT a sucky game.. how wrong i was for making such an assumption.. I love Nazi Zombies as well..... Fun fun.

So any Girl Gamers wanna add me? my PSN Gamer Tag is Broly3k8. I play many games, and if given sufficent enough reason i would buy a new one just to play with someone.. Like Resident Evil 5... I hate horror games but as long as i am Co-oping with people its fun!

Heinekenrana
05-11-2009, 05:06 PM
In that case I have a question:
I recetnly waas told to watch Resident Evil (which I think I will watch it) and heard they came out with a 5th game for it. Are any of the Resident Evil games on the 360? I NEED to play them! Form what i heard from friends REALLY cought my attention and I just need to try them otu for myself! Resident Evil forever!

*NOTE* I'm not so familiar with the games so i may know nothing about the games!

So far as I know, RE5 is the only one for the XBox360. I would highly recommend it even if you haven't played any of the other REs, because they explain the backstory and history *such as it is* while you're playing along.

If you can find some of the other REs - all except Outbreak, 0, Gun Survivor and Gaiden - play them if you have a PS2 or a Wii. (The ones I mentioned... gah, I either despise them or haven't played them.)

Ωmega
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Ehhh, I was a bit disappointed with RE5. It was just too military for me. I enjoyed RE4 for the Wii very much though.

And Aki- lol, I know several people who wont even -watch- me play it xD. But its my all time favorite series, the fourth one being my new favorite of the bunch.

BTW, beat it. Going on to mission mode now, then plan to replay it....

x3

Heinekenrana
05-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I liked it more than I did 4 (sorry, Leon) because it seemed very much like what Chris would be doing now, even though I do have a small complaint about the ending that I won't share here because spoilers of sorts and such.

Still, it was more fun, to me, because it wasn't "Oh, look. Got to do escort/rescue missions. Oh joy. Crap". I hated the part with Ashley in 4 and the two cranks, and hiding her, while useful, was a huge pain when my controller decided she needed to come to my side in the middle of a dual Bella sister attack.

-akichan-
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
And Aki- lol, I know several people who wont even -watch- me play it xD. But its my all time favorite series, the fourth one being my new favorite of the bunch.

BTW, beat it. Going on to mission mode now, then plan to replay it....

x3

LOL! I played the first one, and I gave up. The scene where I walk up the stairs, and all a sudden got frightened by a ghost. Good thing the game wasn't mine xDDDD

Seta Souji
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I liked it more than I did 4 (sorry, Leon) because it seemed very much like what Chris would be doing now, even though I do have a small complaint about the ending that I won't share here because spoilers of sorts and such.

Still, it was more fun, to me, because it wasn't "Oh, look. Got to do escort/rescue missions. Oh joy. Crap". I hated the part with Ashley in 4 and the two cranks, and hiding her, while useful, was a huge pain when my controller decided she needed to come to my side in the middle of a dual Bella sister attack.In 5 you don't have to rescue Ashley. Instead you have this dumb partner named Sheva that can use guns but is just as stupid. I swear getting an S on the tombs level with the lasers is IMPOSSIBLE on professional. She ALWAYS runs into the lasers.

But thats probably the worst it gets. I still loved both games. Mercenaries can get addicting :laugh:

Heinekenrana
05-12-2009, 12:27 AM
In 5 you don't have to rescue Ashley. Instead you have this dumb partner named Sheva that can use guns but is just as stupid. I swear getting an S on the tombs level with the lasers is IMPOSSIBLE on professional. She ALWAYS runs into the lasers.

But thats probably the worst it gets. I still loved both games. Mercenaries can get addicting :laugh:

I refuse to play single in that part. I do co-op every time. :P

And she's not as bad as Chris is in AI. "Hi, I have a gatling gun. Oh, you're being attacked? I'm going to stand over here and fix my hair. Go kick some butt! GODSPEED!" *cue Chris running away*

...Jerk.

Luka Megurine
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
On RE5 I refuse to do single player period. Usually I look for someone to play co-op with and then I get in there and the person doesnt even talk so I have to ask a friend. I really havent played any other resident evil game I've watched my cousin play them but never did them myself. But I've seen the movies (like it really matters, Akira. -.-). Anyways what chapter is everyone on? Im on like 3 or 4

Seta Souji
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM

And she's not as bad as Chris is in AI. "Hi, I have a gatling gun. Oh, you're being attacked? I'm going to stand over here and fix my hair. Go kick some butt! GODSPEED!" *cue Chris running away*

...Jerk.
On RE5 I refuse to do single player period. Usually I look for someone to play co-op with and then I get in there and the person doesnt even talk so I have to ask a friend. I really havent played any other resident evil game I've watched my cousin play them but never did them myself. But I've seen the movies (like it really matters, Akira. -.-). Anyways what chapter is everyone on? Im on like 3 or 4I would prefer to do co-op but all my friends have an xbox360. I have a ps3 (love the blu-ray feature). Only time I co-op is when some1 comes over. Sometimes I would host/join a game and when someone dies they immediately quit. I rarely find some1 who actually plays like a "partner"

Seņor Nobody
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM

...Jerk.

Sheva's still worse. I was right next to her and dying. She had a first aid spray and just stood there while the chainsaw guy (I call him Sanchez) cuts my ever loving head off.

@Alex: I hate it when people leave after they die once. They never stick around and thay just 'B' about how I suck when they died! D:

As for RE4, ...Ashley sucks. She cannot take a hit, and I shot her on accident a lot. Just for fun, after I save, I killed her with mah shotgun! XD Epic justice!

Heinekenrana
05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Sheva's still worse. I was right next to her and dying. She had a first aid spray and just stood there while the chainsaw guy (I call him Sanchez) cuts my ever loving head off.

@Alex: I hate it when people leave after they die once. They never stick around and thay just 'B' about how I suck when they died! D:

As for RE4, ...Ashley sucks. She cannot take a hit, and I shot her on accident a lot. Just for fun, after I save, I killed her with mah shotgun! XD Epic justice!

Put Ashley in the knight armor and then laugh at all the poor saps trying to cart her off to their evil lairs. It's hilarious for no good reason.

And you can't say Sheva is worse than goof!Chris, or I'll have to start a landwar with you. :p

Seņor Nobody
05-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Put Ashley in the knight armor and then laugh at all the poor saps trying to cart her off to their evil lairs. It's hilarious for no good reason.

...How come I never thought of that?! XD

And you can't say Sheva is worse than goof!Chris, or I'll have to start a landwar with you. :p

Let's just say they suck equally? Agreed?

Heinekenrana
05-13-2009, 09:14 PM
If you're playing single player, yes, I shall agree with you.

Now we can have cookies and board game night. :D

Seņor Nobody
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM
If you're playing single player, yes, I shall agree with you.

Of course single player, if the person playing the char sucks, the player sucks not the char.

Now we can have cookies and board game night. :D

...I love cookies.

Rem Nightfall
05-13-2009, 11:00 PM
RE5 is okay. I don't really like the stand and shoot feature. In most games you can move and shoot. And it would have made it a lot more tactical if you could move especially with hordes of zombies.

Seņor Nobody
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
My only complaint about the game is that it didn't scare me. I never had one of those "OMG, I'm gonna DIE!' moments I had with RE4.

Rem Nightfall
05-13-2009, 11:28 PM
My only complaint about the game is that it didn't scare me. I never had one of those "OMG, I'm gonna DIE!' moments I had with RE4.

None of the RE games scared me. Silent Hill maybe once or twice...I was more grossed out then anything in that game.

Doom and Quake scare the living bijeejees out of me sometimes. Also F.E.A.R and my new affliction Deadspace.

Dr. Hax
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM
After realizing what I have said far back into this thread about female gamers in the arcade being fat, ugly lesbians, I would like to humbly apologize for any I might have offended. What I did was completely wrong and completely immature. Perhaps it was blind anger or some other insecurity that caused me to be a complete fool. Whatever the case may be, I'm sorry for what I said and plan to improve on my behavior. I plan to keep myself in check and take the feelings of others into more consideration.

Setting that aside, F.E.A.R. is my new favorite game. I love it to death and plan on playing every late night.

Medousa
05-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Girl gamers = We can take out any male enemy while doing our nails :ninja: :cool: :rolleyes:

I used to play wow among others and I was better than most men :p

Seņor Nobody
05-14-2009, 06:28 AM
After realizing what I have said far back into this thread about female gamers in the arcade being fat, ugly lesbians, I would like to humbly apologize for any I might have offended. What I did was completely wrong and completely immature. Perhaps it was blind anger or some other insecurity that caused me to be a complete fool. Whatever the case may be, I'm sorry for what I said and plan to improve on my behavior. I plan to keep myself in check and take the feelings of others into more consideration.

Setting that aside, F.E.A.R. is my new favorite game. I love it to death and plan on playing every late night.

That's what I call mature right there Rant. + rep.

@Rem: Doom? *Shudder* I used to have nightmares after playing that game. Quake, not so scary to me.

...I love F.E.A.R.

i_say_sabotage
05-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Woo hoo! A thread for female gamers! WooT!

Agreed that RE (not one of the series) scared me while playing.

SILENT HILL, loved it. Hate flying things. Hate. But I love the games aura and the whole "silent" thing (no bg music can get to you)

Fatal Frame (the first one was good--wanted to kick my character cos she's so darn slooooow). Although Crimson Butterfly wasn't as good as it was... Hm..

Cantelope
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I used to play wow among others and I was better than most men :p
Would you like to back that up? PTRs are up.

-akichan-
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM

Luckily I'm not fat nor a lesbian haha...I'm totally opposite of all of those.

Xieshunnuan
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh damn, I love F.E.A.R too. I need to get project origin asap ._.

Broly3k8
05-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey ladys.. anyone heard of Demons Souls???

Kaitou+
05-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I used to be somewhat of a tomboy when I was smaller, but i'm actually quite feminine. I just don't "overdo" it.

It's totally possible to find a woman who looks/acts like a woman (well, I guess is "expected" to act) and enjoys playing games. But it depends on where you go.

I was like playing...GoW with some dudes and chicks and then after match was over...this dude join to the this one chick's group and she started..."OMG....LEAVE MY TEAM....YOU SUCK!" And I'm like WTF? STFU and let the dude join.

Ωmega
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey ladys.. anyone heard of Demons Souls???
I was |--| close to buying it, but never did. I might be getting a PS3 for -myself- soon, and if I do its probably gonna be one of the first games I pick up.

Was it any good?

Kaitou+
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I would love playing an MMORPG aside with a really hot chick. =D

But console, I gave up on computer MMORPGs.

the.night.creature
05-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Girl gamers are infinitley supreme to male gamers, because
A) We have the option of being the really hot chick in any multiplayer game, without having our sexuality questioned.
B) It is a scientific fact that a girl can reach level 68 Mage three times faster than any male on world of warcraft.

Put that in ya juicebox and suck it!

Broly3k8
05-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I was |--| close to buying it, but never did. I might be getting a PS3 for -myself- soon, and if I do its probably gonna be one of the first games I pick up.

Was it any good?
Doont know just got it off of ebay... It wasnt released in the states so i could only get it off ebay. Lolz. Cost me a pretty penny too.. 72$...It seems like it was a good buy but im not sure...

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Was it any good?

Doont know just got it off of ebay... It wasnt released in the states so i could only get it off ebay. Lolz. Cost me a pretty penny too.. 72$...It seems like it was a good buy but im not sure...

I plan on getting mine for 69.99 at my local import retailer.

Seta Souji
05-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I plan on getting mine for 69.99 at my local import retailer.
Sigh I remember the days of super nintendo when games were roughly 20-30 bucks. Still thats pretty cheap considering its imported. I buy all my games at amazon. Tax free :laugh:.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Sigh I remember the days of super nintendo when games were roughly 20-30 bucks. Still thats pretty cheap considering its imported. I buy all my games at amazon. Tax free :laugh:.

So do I.

I plan to get Brütal Legend, The King of Fighters XII, God of War III, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

What games do you usually buy again?

Seta Souji
05-17-2009, 01:44 AM
So do I.

I plan to get Brütal Legend, The King of Fighters XII, God of War III, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

What games do you usually buy again?Oh God of War III looks so good. I usually buy the games that my friends don't have lol. Besides buying RE5 and Street Fighter IV, the last game I bought was Zelda: Majora's Mask on N64 (when it first came out). I've borrowed my friends ps1, ps2, n64, dreamcast, japanese gamecube, and Wii with all their games. I'm trying not to buy games for my ps3 (they're so time consuming) but I don't think I'll be able to resist KOF XII and God of War III.

IFS
05-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Girl gamers are infinitley supreme to male gamers, because
A) We have the option of being the really hot chick in any multiplayer game, without having our sexuality questioned.
B) It is a scientific fact that a girl can reach level 68 Mage three times faster than any male on world of warcraft.

Put that in ya juicebox and suck it!Does playing as a hot chick in a game really question a mans sexuality? Personally I don't think so if I have a choice of looking at a hot chick run or looking at a dude run the whole time, swinging swords and punching and kicking, I'd pick the chick anytime of the day, plus I'm pro girl gamers, girls are highly underestimated when it comes to gaming.

KeijiMaeda
05-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I generally dislike the term "girl gamer". It's the 21st century, sexist myths like "only men play games" and "only women can cook" just don't exist anymore.

Kayla Hart
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I generally dislike the term "girl gamer". It's the 21st century, sexist myths like "only men play games" and "only women can cook" just don't exist anymore.

Amen to that. I love gaming in my spare time (not watching anime lol). I have a wii and my bro has a ps3, we're working on getting an xbox to escape the wrath of exclusives

JIMBO.
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
So do I.

I plan to get The King of Fighters XII,

I have yet to be beaten at KOF by a girl.

Yukino X
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey I'm another girl gamer. I'm here for the discussion. I can tell you that I'm a beast at Tony Hawk's American Wastleland. Yes I do skateboard also.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I have yet to be beaten at KOF by a girl.

There is always a first time for everything especially be beaten by a girl gamer.

Seta Souji
05-28-2009, 03:42 AM
There is always a first time for everything especially be beaten by a girl gamer.I challenge you to Street Fighter 4!

Atsui Sake
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I know several gaming girls. Most of them are MMO/RPG players though. I've yet to meet a girl who plays FPS and RTS games. And if I ever do, I would like to play a good match of Age of Empires 2 and UT3 with or against them.

SeraphimAriaRhapsody
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I challenge you to Street Fighter 4!

But I don't have your PSN ID.

JIMBO.
05-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm the reason fokes stop playing winner stays on rules in street fighter.

Ryuuzaki HD
05-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm the reason fokes stop playing winner stays on rules in street fighter.

Why because you spam dragon punch?

Bun-chan
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
i have the cold right now and its getting really bad so im going to play final fantasy 6 now :D who wants to be my final fantasy friend? ^_^

i think its stupid that we have a wii home but we dont have any games to it besides games like wii sports. wii seems to have many fun games, but theyre expensive (i think). maybe i should make my littlebrother buy wii games with me... but i dont think he wants to. he likes playstation too much :P i stole his ps2 from him, haha ;D but i guess its just sometimes hard to play because you dont have enough time :/ school and friends take some time, and i like going out, and when i get back home i have to do homework and then there isnt that much time left. but when im sick (like now) i play ALOT :D

Haven
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
i have the cold right now and its getting really bad so im going to play final fantasy 6 now :D who wants to be my final fantasy friend? ^_^

I would gladly be your Final Fantasy friend ^_^
Final Fantasy VI is awesome! BTW, your BlackRose avatar is cool.

JIMBO.
05-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Why because you spam dragon punch?

no, since I'm good with fighters that dont use the Shoryuken too.