PDA

View Full Version : wats the point?

Blackrose18
03-07-2009, 05:57 PM
wat's the whole point if light dies and so does L ?

Aizen-sama
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
It was stupid but if i remember correctly i think it was becuz L wuldnt be able to prove that light is kira

MakuHari
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Ls death = Kira gets away...for awhile
Lights death = man with the deadliest weapon ever created is dead. The world can go back to the way it was.

Blackrose18
03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
so what was the whole point

Tsuki.
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
It's for entertainment. You could ask that about any anime, manga, book, or movie. What's the point in Twilight? What's the point in Inuyasha? What's the point in life? There is no true point, just what you make of the situation. It gives you the opportunity to see what could happen if shinigami did exist, and there was a deathnote. How the world would change, the big picture. There is no point if you say there isn't a point. There is a point if you think of something, and think that's the point. All of it is based on what you think. Making this question irrelevent because people could go on about one certain point, but you don't think that's true . . . It could go on forever, when in truth, there is no point. Just a circle of ideas. But hey, that's just what I think, and you could believe entirely different, proving my point about there being no true point. ^_^ see? It's all a circle of ideas.

Blackrose18
03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
True but.........still!!!!!

Magical Soul
03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Personally i don't care what happened just that i enjoyed it and i did so....=)

Knightmare_Zero
03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
me to, it was pointless but it's one of my favorite anime

Tsuki.
03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes, I must agree as well . . . Besides from InuYasha, it's my favorite.

Magical Soul
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
me to, it was pointless but it's one of my favorite anime

Lol you just contradicted yourself.

forfun
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Personally i don't care what happened just that i enjoyed it and i did so....=)
yeah me too the same idea with you just enjoy it!

Yugure's Goddess
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
It wasn't pointless! Oh my gosh! You have to read into the whole message of it. Why did Light get the Death Note? To present the moral conflict within the viewers: "is it right to kill people, even if they 'deserve' it?" Why did Light become twisted, corrupted and crazy? To show the viewers proof in the old saying "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Why did Light again become a very good person when he lost the power of the death note? To further prove the the truth in the aforementioned saying and to show that people tend to be generally good if they do not have an excessive amount of power to corrupt their judgement. Why did L die? To show the extent that misused power, in spite of its original good intentions, can go and how it can hurt people. Why did Light die? To prove that even the darkest horrors can be overcome and that, in the end, goodness and understanding should prevail, and poses the most desirable outcomes.

It's called reading between the lines, which, with Death Note, actually does not require much effort as they practically just outright tell you the purpose of everything that happened.

I loved Death Note because it was not another mindless anime with just little, weakly supported messages of being good and all that. It posed enigmatic questions about the human condition and they weren't just a cheap tack-on to make the show seem more intelligent. The important messages were central to the plot and really made me think about myself and the world around me. It might not be as amazing as say, Evangelion, but it was a good one, nonetheless, especially in comparison to some other animes I could mention, which require no thought about life or morality, etc.

EDIT: POST 1,000, BABY! WHAT THEN! (That took forever! I've been here for like 4 years and I JUST got to 1,000 posts... kind of sad.)

love
dani
dude

Sagat
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
so what was the whole point

Little slow on the uptake, aren't we

The whole point is that even in death, L was correct the entire time, and it was through his work that set the stage for Light's fall.

And it wouldn't have been a "good ending" if Light had succeeded and crushed the world under his heel. Certainly would have been a different way to end a series, but it simply was not the direction Ohba wanted to take. I find Light dying at the end also a pretty good ending, as was previously stated, it ends the threat to the world and provides final vindication to L and proves what Ryuk said about humans using the note to be true.

The whole scene of him seeing L's ghost while dying should have conveyed something along these lines. Should being the key word.

Dr. Hax
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
To put some of Yugu's post into layman's terms, I will take key parts of said post and explain them in a different manner. (Sorry about not asking permission for this but I thought it could be useful.)

Why did Light get the Death Note? To present the moral conflict within the viewers: "is it right to kill people, even if they 'deserve' it?"

One of the main questions here to ask is pretty much, "To take, or not to take?". You must weigh out the possibilities of what could be done with such an item. If the Death Note is going to be used by you for justice, don't grow what is called a "God complex" and become obsessive with using that power and then blanketing it over with the term "justice".

On a contradictory note regarding power, telling a person not to become obsessive with power is damn near impossible as people tend to get blinded by the fact that they have extra "privileges".

Why did Light die? To prove that even the darkest horrors can be overcome and that, in the end, goodness and understanding should prevail, and poses the most desirable outcomes.

In a quick sentence, the lesson in Light's death is "Power always comes with a price.".

It's called reading between the lines, which, with Death Note, actually does not require much effort as they practically just outright tell you the purpose of everything that happened.

As right in this sentence as you are, I have to follow it up by saying that people, unfortunately do not take the time to really think and read between the lines as often, if at all. It's comparable to English class in high school. A good amount of students in my little sister's pretty much skim through the pages and fail their essays and quizzes because they are either too lazy, too dense or in some cases, both to actually put forth the effort and study the book delicately. It makes me sad, really to think humans are slowly devolving into mindless drones.

Doctor One
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
It needed to end.
So they killed him off.
Not a whole lot of deeper meaning there.

Blackrose18
06-02-2009, 11:16 PM
It needed to end.
So they killed him off.
...that is true thanx you guys..you must really love deathnote..

OtakuInu!!!
06-02-2009, 11:25 PM
L's death: Kira can continue killing criminals.
Light's death: No more unexplainable killings.

InvaderKap
07-04-2009, 01:48 PM
wat's the whole point if light dies and so does L ?

It can be interpreted in many ways.

Personally I think it means that even if one is better than the best there is, one still can never be better than time itself, because time will outlive one no matter what, seeing as how an end to it would be paradoxical, as would a beginning, and time therefore has always been and always will be; Light's eventual death was inevitable, and it is just as well as anything (and a bit ironic) that he would go by murder. He defeated every foe he came across, even the great L, upon whom was universally agreed to be the smartest person in the world (and so whom I still believe to be), but it was inevitable that he would eventually come across some trial that he could not overcome. Therefore, all individuals have the same values as human beings from a greater perspective, because they will all meet their demise to the same hands. Whether they are moral or immoral, whether they obey or disobey the law, and whether they are happy or sad are all things that make little difference to the emotions of time.

It needed to end.
So they killed him off.

Ah, but there could be. Whether there truly was meaning depends on the intentions of those who created it, but if their insight is not available, it is left up to us, the viewers, to decide the meanings.