PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy7 or final fantasy 8

Aizen-sama
03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Which do u think is more better final fantasy 7 or 8 i belive its 7 because the story was more interesting

Aizmov
03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
FF6 :)
Trust me on this!
Go and play it NOW!

Lord Fluff
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Trust me on this!
Go and play it NOW!

Agreed.

But between 7 and 8 I would have to go with 8.

JIMBO.
03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
with FF games it all comes down to the battle and level system with me.

Ryth
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Definitely FFVII. That game a least has a certain level of nostalgia for me. It was a pretty lackluster title at best but FFVIII was everything wrong with VII but intensified a million times. It is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.

Aizen-sama
03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Definitely FFVII. That game a least has a certain level of nostalgia for me. It was a pretty lackluster title at best but FFVIII was everything wrong with VII but intensified a million times. It is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played.

So ur saying ff8 was the worse game u ver played

Ryth
03-07-2009, 03:36 PM
So ur saying ff8 was the worse game u ver played

... One of. It is likely the worst big-budget title I've ever played, though. I'd have to brainstorm over that one though.

Aizen-sama
03-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Trust me on this!
Go and play it NOW!

So wat is it for ps1 right

StabWound
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Best PS1 Final Fantasy is IX.

So wat is it for ps1 right
It was originally on the Super Nintendo but there was a remake on PS1.

Ryth
03-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Best PS1 Final Fantasy is IX.

Factual. This was the last good Final Fantasy title.

kajikun16
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM
ff7 was great game alot of plot to the story

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Given the choice, I will go with Seven because it wasn't a box completely filled with AIDS.

FF VI for the win, though.

RumSwiller
03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
FF VIII Def.
FF VII wasn't bad at all, but I just liked FF VIII more. :p
Was more entertaining to me I guess.
I remember, I was talking to one of my ex's on the phone when I had first started playing, and all I was doing was running around killing crap, and I hit level 28 before I even fought the first actual 'boss'.
I can't remember the names of them though, I haven't played FF VIII in years... It was a fat dude, skinny dude, and then after them a guardian showed up. It was in some city, and you were running from some machine spider thing I think it was. xD

Aizen-sama
03-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Oh ur talen bot in that plac yea u fought some people named biggs and wedge

Videlreyes
03-08-2009, 03:08 AM
I liked 8 better, idk why but i just love it when a game lets you name your character. also, i like how it shows the ppl in your party following behind you and i love using the GFs in battle.

Broly3k8
03-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I liked 8 better, idk why but i just love it when a game lets you name your character. also, i like how it shows the ppl in your party following behind you and i love using the GFs in battle.
Agreed.

I would like to add that the sound track will stay with me for life. Between the battle music, and the city were you fight Seifer and Eda together for the first time, that music i will never forget. I also love flying around the Ragnarok, and if im low level at the time going to the Island Closest to Hell and beating the crap out of everything.

7 to me has just been way overrated with time. I remember when i first got FF8, FF7 wasnt even very popular here in the states. I played like the first 1.5 hours of it, and was utterly dissapointed. Yes i agree it is a classic and will never be forgotten, But i dont agree that it has anything other then memory over FF8. (memory being how long people remember it)
Graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay arent as good as 8's.

And the best PS1 game would have to be Crash bandicoot.

Ryth
03-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Given the choice, I will go with Seven because it wasn't a box completely filled with AIDS.

FF VI for the win, though.

God, I love you.

Khanxay
03-08-2009, 02:05 PM
8 gave me headaches when I played it. Most of the battle music was really boring or just plain annoying (the dream sequences.). 7 I like. Battles weren't boring. And sinking submarines in the arcade was too fun. Too bad I didn't care for the story in either of them.

Suikoden 2 and Star Ocean 2 FTW.

Dr. Hax
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I found the Junc-Mag structure to be quite different. That serves as one of the reason for why I prefer FFVIII. When something like that deviates in a different direction when it comes to acquiring magic or abilities, it gets interesting.

FFVII is loaded with Cloud/Vincent fangirls. Seriously, what's so great about two emo guys? One of them looks about as scrawny as an emaciated chicken and is in possession of a sword that such a person normally couldn't wield. The other could cut his own wrist with a gold claw and has the capability to kill himself and Cloud with ease.

Magical Soul
03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
FF7 is the best ever.....period.

Dr. Hax
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
FF7 is the best ever.....period.

Says you...I would rather see some good evidence that it really is good.

Magical Soul
03-08-2009, 02:34 PM
'Coz cloud is teh sex. =D

Aizen-sama
03-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Says you...I would rather see some good evidence that it really is good.

Peopl still hunger for this gam to this every time u see something lik E3 u always ff7 pictures and posters and its the rarest game people pay insane amount of money just to be able to hav that gam

Ryth
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Peopl still hunger for this gam to this every time u see something lik E3 u always ff7 pictures and posters and its the rarest game people pay insane amount of money just to be able to hav that gam

Popularity =/= Good Game. It is actually more logical to assume a game consumed so easily by the public is probably lesser and more watered down than more obscure titles. There is really no doubt the game was poorly made, written, translated, etc. Even if the graphics were groundbreaking for its time, Nomura's horrible and inconsistent artwork makes it look simply nasty.

And it isn't rare, it goes for like $40 on ebay.

Hell patrol
03-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I just prefer FF7

Dr. Hax
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM

Pong for the Atari is rare. Get it right.

Lord Fluff
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Pong for the Atari is rare. Get it right.

It would be so awesome to own one.

And considering I found like 10 brand new copies of FF7 at a Mediaplay a few years back, I'm going to wager it isn't that rare.

Aizen-sama
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Wat k so it isnt rare and oh my god the graphics was garbage but i still loved it

Dr. Hax
03-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Wat k so it isnt rare and oh my god the graphics was garbage but i still loved it

Fluff, I think he's learning. *claps hands*

My day is so epically awesome right now.

Aizen-sama
03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Fluff, I think he's learning. *claps hands*

My day is so epically awesome right now.

So i admit well i been doing that for years and allmy friends feel the sam way but tak all the bad stuff away its something bot ff7 i cling to maybe because it was the ff i ever played which is wat made me love the series

Minato Namikaze
03-09-2009, 03:01 AM
I'd have to go with 8 on this one..I just enjoyed the gameplay, graphics and soundtracks a lot more than 7. 8 FTW though.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-09-2009, 12:53 PM
UGHH. 8 has better gameplay? What universe do you live in? Spam the free summons, congrats you win. Oh, no wait... they "balanced" this by making you watch an 8 minute long unskipable movie everytime you cast them. Great decision guys, make a combat system so broken that a retarded 6 year old could exploit it and then "fix" it by annoying the hell out of the player.

Spamming Knights of the Round in 7 is certainly cheap, but you have to do so much damn chocobo breeding that if you didn't get god-like powers in the bargain you'd be compelled to fire-bomb Square's central office. 8 just gives you the exploit for free, and then whines about you using it.

Aizen-sama
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I know to get knight of the round it me hours when i found out how sinc i had nothing to do went and got clouds omnislash then i trained till i was like in my 90s

Ryth
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
No one has any idea what you're trying to say, myoujou. Your posts lack any sort of coherence.

Aizen-sama
03-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Thank u for ur generous reply i will keep that in mind in da future

Aizmov
03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
UGHH. 8 has better gameplay? What universe do you live in? Spam the free summons, congrats you win. Oh, no wait... they "balanced" this by making you watch an 8 minute long unskipable movie everytime you cast them. Great decision guys, make a combat system so broken that a retarded 6 year old could exploit it and then "fix" it by annoying the hell out of the player.

Spamming Knights of the Round in 7 is certainly cheap, but you have to do so much damn chocobo breeding that if you didn't get god-like powers in the bargain you'd be compelled to fire-bomb Square's central office. 8 just gives you the exploit for free, and then whines about you using it.

Knights of the Round and then Mime, Mime, Mime, Mime, ....

Good time, good times indeed.

Phylloh
03-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Both are good just play whichever one they both have their own faults and strong points

tsujigiri15
03-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Both are good just play whichever one they both have their own faults and strong points

I agree. Though just IMO, the system in 7 was nicer. It was certainly easier for a rookie rpg player like me to pick up! I also think I prefered the story. But still, these are 2 of the best ff games, no question

japanfe
03-26-2009, 08:02 AM
both were great
but i liked VIII slightly beter because
i of the card battles

A O Discord
03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
So annoying when people try and state their OPINION as a fact -.-

IMO 7 had the better story line by far, Loved every minute of it. 8 Overall was good with story line and such but had a much better structure of combat/leveling and I love how the resistance system worked :)

Dark-Sasuke
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
... One of. It is likely the worst big-budget title I've ever played, though. I'd have to brainstorm over that one though.

LOL FF8 was great, its a shame it was after FF7, which is why people look down on it. Don't compare and just play, FF8 rules, a bad FF was FFXII, i mean WTF i could rant for hours on how bad that game was:banghead:

I prefer FF8 to be honest but FF7 kicked ***

JIMBO.
03-31-2009, 01:18 PM
in 7, how about a party of lvl 99 fighters with all slots filled with master lvl counter

one monster attacks then you win

Amarhyllis
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
It's actually hard to choose between them.

7 had a beautiful story, revolutionary graphics at the time, epic soundtrack, highly praised materia and battle system, and characters that people wouldn't forget. It holds sentimental value to me because it's what got me back into video games and I haven't looked back since.

8 was the same, but is underrated. Beautiful story of love and friendship, Uematsu made gorgeous music to accompany your journey, underrated draw system, revolutionary graphics at the time, and characters that people would forget but I loved greatly.

Aerith and Rinoa are tied for my favorite all time heroines and they both are excellent games and add nothing but good things to the series.

But I would have to say 7, it was the first game that made me cry and do research behind the scenes to understand it more. It would have to be one of my favorite games of all times.

Now if you wanna talk about underrated...don't get me started on FFIX...

megaman1
04-14-2009, 12:26 AM
FF7 I'd say but only because it has less stuff to do.

You might be asking yourself why that's good, well let me tell you, if the game has tons of stuff to do I feel obligated to do it and as such the game takes forever to beat.

Although FF 8 did have cards ;) so it might be better because of that alone.

Yugure's Goddess
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
I prefer VIII. I liked the unique magic system and the free travel at the end of the game was wonderful. I thought it was too hard at some parts and then too easy at others. And shoot me, but I liked the story. A lot. I don't care if it was crappy or whatever, I thought the concept of traveling a certain distance and actually just ending up traveling through time was really cool and wierd. (I like cool and wierd ideas.) And, by the end of the game, I really didn't care much to use GFs. I actually really didn't need them at all anymore, but then again... I did take everyone to level 100 before I seriously boarded Lunatic Pandora and traveled to Ultimacia's castle. Still...

I did like the meteria system a lot in FFVII, I will say, though. Something about attaching cute little magical gems to mundane items to make them awesome just kind of enthralls me. Yeah it's shallow and stupid, but I still liked the system a lot.

By the way, stating that great graphics and a great score as reasons to like a Final Fantasy Game is kind of moot as pretty much all of them look and sound amazing, in the context of the time they are released. I'm just saying...

However, when it comes to final fantasy games, as far as the battle system goes: FFXII was great. That battle system was epic win. However, I vote FF Tactics for the win. Yay for actually having to think and come up with a strategy other than "let's level up some more! =D" *glares*

I do have a very inconsequential, though tiresome complaint about pretty much all final fantasy games. In every final fantasy game, and I guess in most games, in general, one of the most annoying aspects is the concept of certain puzzles and secrets that YOU COULD NEVER EVEN KNOW EXISTED WITHOUT THE WALK THROUGH. This is soooo annoying. At least give me a hint or two once or twice throughout the game. I mean, I really LIKE puzzles, but it be considered fair game, at all, when there's really no puzzle-solving involved!

love
dani
dude

Ryth
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL FF8 was great, its a shame it was after FF7, which is why people look down on it. Don't compare and just play, FF8 rules, a bad FF was FFXII, i mean WTF i could rant for hours on how bad that game was:banghead:

I prefer FF8 to be honest but FF7 kicked ***

I hate FFVII. Really, if I were to compare the two then FFVIII is really just VII but with the problems of that game multiplied by a thousand.

Also, FFXII wasn't that bad. Not that it was very good. It was certainly superior to VII and VIII though.

Amray The II
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I personally like Final Fantasy VIII. It is my second favourite after all, under X.

I adored the plot and the graphics of VIII. It got even more amazing the further one got into it! There were some very big "coincidences" in it, ("Amazing! We were all raised in the same far-away orphanage, just the exact few of us that are now travelling together because we met by coincidence by bumping into eachother in hallways and such!") but nevertheless it was far more exciting than most others: is my personal opinion.

Yugure's Goddess
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I hate FFVII. Really, if I were to compare the two then FFVIII is really just VII but with the problems of that game multiplied by a thousand.

Also, FFXII wasn't that bad. Not that it was very good. It was certainly superior to VII and VIII though.
Eh, I know that. The story was one of the best in the FF series, but the main problem with FFXII was the fact that... almost the entire game was dungeon crawling and there was VERY little of the game NOT based almost entirely around combat. I mean, one of the things that I like most about FF games is that they give lots of silly but fun mini games. FFXII was JUST combat. But, like I said, it was an extremely awesome battle system. Final Fantasy Tactics was built around the battle system but then again... it was on game systems that allowed considerably less memory for one game cartridge. FF Tactics is probably my favorite turn-based battle system, ever, though. Even though the battle system is almost the same as Bahamut Lagoon for SNES. I wonder who ripped off who...

love
dani
dude

Sagat
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
FF7 by far .. this shouldn't even be a competition

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Eh, I know that. The story was one of the best in the FF series, but the main problem with FFXII was the fact that... almost the entire game was dungeon crawling and there was VERY little of the game NOT based almost entirely around combat. I mean, one of the things that I like most about FF games is that they give lots of silly but fun mini games. FFXII was JUST combat. But, like I said, it was an extremely awesome battle system. Final Fantasy Tactics was built around the battle system but then again... it was on game systems that allowed considerably less memory for one game cartridge. FF Tactics is probably my favorite turn-based battle system, ever, though. Even though the battle system is almost the same as Bahamut Lagoon for SNES. I wonder who ripped off who...

love
dani
dude
Actually, FFT directly rips off Tactics Ogre (sequel to the delicious Ogre Battle), but it's somewhat ok in so far as most of the creative talent for the two games is the same group of people and Square wound up buying the rest of the company later anyway.

AyumuKagami
04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Final Fantasy 8 was better than FF7. The storyline in each of the games were pretty good but i prefered 8 because there was more depth to it. 7 had a fairly good storyline but some parts it looked like the game was trying to force the next part on the player with little reason to something happening. The endings of the games 8 beats 7 in a longshot because 7 had way to much continuation and i hated the fact that they made more games of 7. The story should have ended with the game. The graphics (i know they couldn't be helped at the time) in 7 were enfuriating sometimes because they were extreamly blocky when walking around.
This is my response quickly summed up. 7 and 8 are extremely close but 8 pulls ahead by just a few hairs.

Legend of the Twilight
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
FFVII is the most overrated RPG besides Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. The thing is, there really isn't anything that special about it. I've played a ton of games that are WAY better than FFVII. The fact that there is so much hype and such a huge fan base for FFVII baffles me. The storyline is decent, and most of the characters are good, but Cloud is just awful. There was such a lack of character development with him. Why everyone loves Sephiroth, I don't know. The guy is a terrible villain. He doesn't do anything! Cloud beats him twice. A 14 year old boy named Sora beats him in Kingdom Hearts with a giant key, for goodness sake! The things Sephiroth says are very cliche as well. Honestly, FFVII is a pretty mediocre game for me.

FFVIII was very good. I like romance in RPGs, but if there isn't any whatever, no big deal. I can't tell you how many idiots I've heard complain about FFVIII just because it has some romance in it. People need to chill out and deal with it. The storyline is just as good as FFVII. The characters are developed well, including Squall. I mean, at least Squall has some change within him. Now Ultimicia is an awesome villain. Not only does she time travel to get her evil on, she uses innocents to do her bidding along the way, and uses another villain. I mean, come on, she could've so taken over the world with that stuff. FFVIII was quite a good game. I enjoyed it.

Sword
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
These are my 2 favourite games ever. Whichever one takes first place usually changes from time to time. Right now I'm thinking 8. The storyline is awesome and I really care about the characters.

Squall = BEST. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. EVAR!!1

Lady_Saiyan
04-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Can't choose FF 7 and FF8, to me they are both great games.
When I was first introduce to the Final Fantasy series it was FF 7 and FF 8, I hired them from blockbuster at the same time (I own both now).
FF 7 I love for the materia system, the storyline and it was the first time I cried in a game (Aeirth death scene).
I loved FF 8 for the GF system, the storyline, the romance between Squall and Rinoa, the card game and the song 'Eyes on Me' (my favorvite song!!).

lowellgallagher
04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Fanal Fantasy rules!!!

angelic_assasin
04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
7 and 8 were both pretty good.
I'd say the plot for FFVIII is better though.

Haoie
04-20-2009, 05:24 AM
10 years later and people are still arguing over this? Sheesh.

ai_frostbite
04-20-2009, 08:32 AM
i love them both!
buuut
id have to say
originally,
ff7 has to be mai favorate.
<3
cloud
-mwah

Magical Soul
04-20-2009, 08:39 AM
FF7 forever...Cloud rules.....I like his hair...

Furevor
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
10 years later and people are still arguing over this? Sheesh.

I would call it a discussion more than an argument, but then what else is a forum for?

Anyway, I like FFVIII better than VII, this is not IN ANY WAY implying that FFVII is not an amazing game (I think most games in the series are better than any other) it's just that i think FFVIII has qualities which tip the scale in its favour, e.g. Triple Triad, which is also linked to the Abilities learned by GFs (Card Mod in this case), magic/item refining abilities, the idea of collecting magazines in order to gain information about advertised weapons which you can then obtain the necessary items for and purchase in Junk Shops. I loved the characters in VIII, Squall in particular is my favourite main character of any FF; he's so moody and teen-like (can relate to that =P). These, as well as other examples including, depth of storyline, character development, levelling system, Junction system, Limit Breaks, etc. simply make this game a better choice. FOR ME! THIS IS MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE OFFENCE...

Peace. =)

Seta Souji
04-29-2009, 07:45 PM
8 for me.

Amazing soundtrack, during that time it had the best graphics, insane amount of side quests, card game=fun, and it was much more difficult to complete everything than 7. Also isn't the intro to 8 better than all the other final fantasies?

7 is kool too but cloud is way too emo and stays that way even through advent children. squall at least grew sum balls during mid game.

Aysami_Kishima
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Ff7.

JIMBO.
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
8 for me.

Amazing soundtrack, during that time it had the best graphics, insane amount of side quests, card game=fun

the random rule just sucks, and good luck beating Ellone in space with luna rules fun you say! crazy more like no matter how good the cards you got and I had most of the player and GF cards! part from squall,Irvine,kiros and laguna. speaking which I'm just about to do the card CC's sidequest for the Gilgamesh (from Xu) card I need it to beat ultima weapon without a fuss

yakman1692
04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
FF7 for me. 8 was just a little bit lacking in my eyes. The story was confusing and kind of redicualous at times, and the drawing system really pissed me off. But is was definately worth playing, both of them were.

JIMBO.
04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
if you dont wanna draw then mod cards refine then up grade, but that just as long if not longer than drawing 100 of most powerful spells.

Seta Souji
05-01-2009, 04:00 AM
speaking which I'm just about to do the card CC's sidequest for the Gilgamesh (from Xu) card I need it to beat ultima weapon without a fuss 04-29-2009 04:47 PM

I haven't played ff8 for years but if i remember correctly ur gittin the gilgamesh card for the 10 holy wars right? If so, u don't actually need them to beat ultima/omega weapon. I junctioned 100 hastes on speed and just used auras with zell, rinoa, n squall. They barely ever attacked me.

Also u can change the rules when u meet the card queen. Theres a very specific spot around cactaur island where shes chillin and later on at that 1 city that has the train station. cant remember but its not timber, i think its where u fight seifer's gang for the first time. or where zell lives.

JIMBO.
05-02-2009, 01:39 AM
its just the way I always do it, I cant be asked to pish about and out skill him or the others.

the games cheap as it, so I'll be too.

Akito0o
05-02-2009, 02:16 AM
i would have to say i like them both equally but that's not a lot. there both not that great of rpg's i agree with every on likeing ff6

liveinfear
06-09-2009, 08:48 PM
what a diffucult ask .D i choosed viii,better than vii