PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead lacks..

Patchouli Knowledge
02-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Alright Left 4 Dead lacks to me a couple things, The fact that you only have 6 different monsters, there should have been more special infected then only 5, also there are just only 16 maps in total on left 4 dead which not enough for a normal game. Alright so if I wanna discuss if you could what special infected would you add to the game, please explain how it would look and its functions.

I was thinking about an infected in a black suit with only goggles on, which would stay invisible the hole time and when it moves you can see it a little, it would crawl up from behind holding the survivors, as it could drag the survivor silentness away from the group, which would not be possible to see she is in danger till the survivor would be attacked. Do you have an idea for a special infected tell it here.

Gjallarhorn
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I think that 5 types was too many. They're zombies. They are supposed to be slow, mindless, and hungry for brains. L4D really over did it.

I thought the game was actually very fun, despite it not being the type of game I usually play.

The only thing I thought it lacked was weapon choice. You have a long range rifle, mid-range assault rifle, and short-range shotgun, and your crappy pistol. It wouldn't hurt to up the count to 10 different styles of weapons, to add a bit more variety to the mix.

bakakame
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Most of the special infected seem to pounce you from out of nowhere already. Personally, I love the game as is, but if we were to be able to add another special;

How about a child-sized zombie than steals your primary weapon? It would jump on you like a hunter but not be able to knock you down, it would knock the weapon away from you and crawl around on you doing damage until someone knocked it off of you. You would still be able to move and shoot, but your aiming reticle would move eratically around until he was off of you.

Saikoro
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Just wait. Valve will release updates out the *** for this game. And anyone that uses Xbox 360 will be screwed, since they will charge for the DLC. Pc gamers got it better, free updates.

Patchouli Knowledge
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I think that 5 types was too many. They're zombies. They are supposed to be slow, mindless, and hungry for brains. L4D really over did it.

I thought the game was actually very fun, despite it not being the type of game I usually play.

The only thing I thought it lacked was weapon choice. You have a long range rifle, mid-range assault rifle, and short-range shotgun, and your crappy pistol. It wouldn't hurt to up the count to 10 different styles of weapons, to add a bit more variety to the mix.

Well actually your also right about the weapons there not many choices, they might also have added a few more, but the thing is Zombies are mindless and hungry for brains. Left 4 Dead however didn't work with zombies but with the infected like the things from 28 days later. besides the fact that there seem to be a hole city full off people but from those millions of people only 5 different mutations are made which in mine opinion should have been way more.

Edit: Besides you cannot put the ''Fast Zombies'' in the same category as the normal zombies, as they are different in every way.

Vintniv
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Actually, its more like only 4 maps, and you do them linearly by going through each chapter one at a time. And you can only play 2 of them on the versus multiplayer, which sucks.

And yeah, there are numerous flaws withe the general design of only having 5 types of enemies, but I do agree with Xero on the concept of them being zombies. But if this game went for the same thing as like, Dead Space for example, you would like 10 special infected, and 5 of which would just be clones of whats available already with a few bonuses thrown in.

The last thing that annoys me to no end is that stupid vote to change that can happen mid game and you entire team just votes you out from the game, so you basically waste an hour to defeat a campaign, just to be kicked out for no reason, and there's nothing you can do about it. Its annoying to be kicked out by the same little kids over and over and over again.

Kojack
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I don't think there's anything missing from Left 4 Dead. Serated's right in saying you can only have so many enemy types before there is overlap. Any new zombie types would be described as "like a Smoker, but" or "like a Witch, but"; the current enemy types cover all the bases. I feel the same way for weapons: there is no other type of gun that would be easily available in a zombie apocalypse situation.

What Valve did with Left 4 Dead is give you only what you'd end up playing with. Let's say L4D had fifteen maps, like all other FPS; you'd only end up playing on about four of them. It's better to focus on quality, not quantity.

bakakame
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Just wait. Valve will release updates out the *** for this game. And anyone that uses Xbox 360 will be screwed, since they will charge for the DLC. Pc gamers got it better, free updates.

Incorrect. Valve has already announced that the new content will be free over XBL as well.

Don't know how, but they worked something out to get it to us for free.