View Full Version : Sakura Taisen - Yoru no Samba

01-31-2009, 02:30 AM

I honestly don't know how I never noticed this before today -- I've definitely looked up these lyrics before, and not so long ago that I wouldn't have realized they were wrong. Oh well, what matters is that I've noticed now. So here goes:

>Anata wo ayamete misemasshou ka
>Mune no furiko ga ouki yurete

anata o ayamete misemasho ka
mune no furiko ga ookiku yurete

>Akuma ni tamashii furimasshou ka
>Kuroi honou ga chiro-chiro moete
>Honto no jibuun wo mitsuketa no

akuma ni tamashii urimasho ka
kuroi honoo ga CHIROCHIRO moete
honto no jibun o mitsuketa no

Granted, that's only five lines, but that's nearly half the song.

あなたをあやめて 見せましょか
>I'll show you how I'll hurt you

The current translation ignores the "ka" at the end -- it's more accurately "shall I show you how I'll hurt you?"

胸の振り子が 大きくゆれて わたしを あやしく 誘います
>The pendulum of my heart quivers wildly
>It suspiciously invites me

While translating "あやしく" as "suspiciously" isn't wrong per se, I think it makes more sense here to go with the "charmingly/bewitchingly" sense of the word.

くちびるを そっと かさねると
>Slowly, as I lift up my lips

そっと is "softly" rather than "slowly"; かさねる means "to overlap" (more or less), so it's more like "when our lips meet/touch."

悪魔に魂 売りましょか
>Surrender my soul to the devil

Current translation ignores the "-mashou ka" completely -- again, it's something like "shall I sell my soul to the devil?"

黒い炎が チロチロ燃えて
>The black arrow is burning crisply

炎 is "flames," not "arrow."

My translit and translation are attached.

01-31-2009, 02:57 AM
You okay with penguin taking over your translit, Chirlind?

Lemme open them later when I'm on my Windows comp. Something tells me I shouldn't on this one (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=81395).

01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh, man, I didn't even realize who had done the original. Of course, if she wants to correct it herself, she can do that.

02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Do you think I ought to PM Chirlind about this, or something?

Shinobi Chirlind-Byouko
02-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Ah, thanks for the heads up!!
Go ahead, patch it up as necessary.

This is yet another one of my old sections that needs a total recheck --which reminds me, gotta put checking status in my sticky. Perfect timing for FFshrine to go kaput.

02-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Thanks! (And I know how that goes -- as Azu-chan can attest, since he's the one I'm always PMing with corrections.)

Shinobi Chirlind-Byouko
02-03-2009, 05:05 AM
You know what I noticed just now?
That was not my work O.O! *laugh* Doesn't matter though, it's meant to be changed anyway.

Mine was: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Pagoda/5701/others/st/st-y01.html (August 29, 2003)
*hits self for the "kurikaeshi" -.-*