PDA

View Full Version : My first typographycal wallpaper

Des
01-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Saw someone who had made a wallpaper like this on another forum, and I wanted to make my own.
At first I tried to have some Soul eater figures in there, but becaus they had black cloths on, it didn`t work xP
So then I tried with that soul logo instead and got it right XD
Though this kind of wallpaper will probably be declined on here right MuZ0NaZ or Serated?

Ps: It`s just for show really, this thread.
So I won`t be altering the wallpaper in any way, was just an experiment.

Saikoro
01-17-2009, 07:28 PM
It's pretty nice. Good job.

Hautalken
01-18-2009, 02:45 AM
MMMMNN....

Interesting style you've used here. When I look at the thumbnail, I can see the features of the shape clearly. But when I enlarge the wall, I have to look very carefully to notice them.

A very nice style though. I like it.
Why don't you make another wall using this style, but with lighter colors? I'm sure it'll turn out great ^^

Des
01-18-2009, 06:33 AM
MMMMNN....

Interesting style you've used here. When I look at the thumbnail, I can see the features of the shape clearly. But when I enlarge the wall, I have to look very carefully to notice them.

A very nice style though. I like it.
Why don't you make another wall using this style, but with lighter colors? I'm sure it'll turn out great ^^

yeah.

I could try it, see if I could get some anime figures in one.
Probably have to go back and forth a bit to get it right.

wizz-o-matic
01-18-2009, 06:54 AM
blah, I couldn't stop not commenting on this.

First of all ... make some higher res ... seriously, 1024x768 should be banned from the net nowdays ~_~
Then, you should improve a bit your approach on here. There are yellow marks at some parts, a kind of mixture between orange and white. if you're looking at it for some time it gets really annoying. make it either orange or white ... no passage between them.

Now, for the suggestion part ... one is to maybe shift the text in each line. Try different variation, from just 1 letter shift to half word shift (you can go left/right).
And ... credits could be smaller ;)

Des
01-18-2009, 07:14 AM
blah, I couldn't stop not commenting on this.

XD

[quot]
First of all ... make some higher res ... seriously, 1024x768 should be banned from the net nowdays ~_~
Then, you should improve a bit your approach on here. There are yellow marks at some parts, a kind of mixture between orange and white. if you're looking at it for some time it gets really annoying. make it either orange or white ... no passage between them.
[/quote]

Well, I did use 1152x864 or something, which is the res. I use nowadays(crappy screen)
So photobucket must have resized it :/
Approach: yeah probably.
The stock is used for that logo/head was this http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/Des85/souleaterlogo.png
Just cut away that outer white line.
So as you see, it`s probably becaus of the nose and those other small details that adds white here and there, and other colors.

Now, for the suggestion part ... one is to maybe shift the text in each line. Try different variation, from just 1 letter shift to half word shift (you can go left/right).
And ... credits could be smaller ;)

Ok, I`ll try that, IF I make a new one xP
Told Lovebeat I won`t lol.
"It was fun, not doing it again" :p

Ok :)

The psd file if anyone is interested.
Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?dyml5tw5enn)
It`s only missing the last applied image layer where I put sharpening on.
And it`s a really simple psd file :p

Mira Kaiba
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow, very nice wall. I really like the style - I've only seen a few of these, and most have not been very well done. Yours is very clear and well-defined. Great wall! ^.^

Thanks for sharing the psd file also! I've seen very few tuts on this, so this may be helpful.

Des
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Wow, very nice wall. I really like the style - I've only seen a few of these, and most have not been very well done. Yours is very clear and well-defined. Great wall! ^.^

Thanks for sharing the psd file also! I've seen very few tuts on this, so this may be helpful.

Thnx :)

Yeah, tried finding some good ones on DA, but none :\
Well there was 2 or 3, but they wasn`t very good hehe.
Many duplicates in that psd xP

And your welcome XD