PDA

View Full Version : Do you import(NTSC-U/J PAL) games?

Kaitou+
01-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Do you import games? Either PAL or Ntsc-J if you live in the Americas or the other way around.

My apologies if there's recent discussion already.

To get started. Yes, I do import games because some good games don't make it here(USA) due to license or low sales of previous game(e.g: Unlimited Adventure).

Haoie
01-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Only if someone imports it for me.

That includes your damn American games too, many of which don't make it here.

Mowick
01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Yes, I live in Dubai, our region is 2 or B just like Europe's and I almost never buy PAL games unless I really had to, why? because they look like ***, why else? well, simple, from a collector's point of view NTSC-U and NTSC-J games are way more valuable than PAL games and Since I'm a collector, I try to stick as much as possible to NTSCs.

Oh and I still have nightmares about PAL PS2 games, who the hell thought it was a good idea to put them in blue cases? if they wanted them to look cheap then I gota say they succeeded 100%. Plus, I can't stand the thick transparent Euro DS game cases, but the thing I hate most about PAL games is that ugly age rating sign, the US and Jap ones look way more elegant.

Lenks
01-17-2009, 11:41 PM
I do own a few imports (<10). I am hoping to get a few more, too. Some of them are games I already had in NTSC-U format, but I just liked the game so much that I bought the NTSC-J counterpart.

Oh, and quick question regarding imports: I have yet to play my PS2 imports, but before I sit down and play one and actually save, is it like the GC where the memory card is reformatted to NTSC-J? I'd be super upset if all of my PS2 data was gone.

Miss Electric Moonlight
01-17-2009, 11:57 PM
I have PAL and JP famicom cartridges at home for my collection, but I don't own or collect the PAL or japanese systems.

Kaitou+
01-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I do own a few imports (<10). I am hoping to get a few more, too. Some of them are games I already had in NTSC-U format, but I just liked the game so much that I bought the NTSC-J counterpart.

Oh, and quick question regarding imports: I have yet to play my PS2 imports, but before I sit down and play one and actually save, is it like the GC where the memory card is reformatted to NTSC-J? I'd be super upset if all of my PS2 data was gone.

Don't think so, but don't take me...use Google.

Brojasu
01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I import games as long as the systems region free

Opinionated
01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't, but there's one game that would I would import: Metal Wolf Chaos.