PDA

View Full Version : From DS to DS Lite - Now what?!

MoroDashi
01-15-2009, 06:38 AM
I've read the latest issue of Untimate Nintendo from cover to cover for this month, and they've had talk of yet another DS!
From the first DS to the Lite, I can list so many better changes!
-The stylus is longer.
-The stylus is placed in a more conveniant place.
-The screen quality and color is waay better.
Etc!

So now they're releasing the new DSi. Heres part of the article.
The DSi has managed to sell 170,779 units on the first day of sale in Japan, which totals up the grand sale of the DS unit to 23,624,419 units!

I don't know if this is just another DS, with little difference just to boost it up, but since the DS hasn't come to Australia, no mags have any reviews about it. I need to know from the Aussies x)
Anyways, what do you think of this new DSi?

-Info link for DSi- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi)

I, even though I haven't experienced the DSi- would get the Lite.
Firstly, from what foreign articles that i've read- it doesn't make thaaat much difference. And the DSi sure to be more expensive than the Lite.

Even though the DS hasn't really been heard of a new update for a long time, i'm fine with it being how it is. It's not just because i'd like to see it, but I can't because I already have a lite, but it's because with the Wii revolution, and the WiiMotion plus, and talks of a Wii2, and all the PS3 and talks of a 4th -in a while x)- I don't think it's worth it.

But, now that I think of it. It does look smexy.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/56/Nintendo_DSi.jpg/250px-Nintendo_DSi.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nintendo_DSi.jpg)

It has some improvments, I must list.
-A larger screen.
-Power switch replaced by a button, as you can see under the pad.
-The DSi has five brightness settings compared to the DS Lite's four.
^ That, although, reduces the power to 14 hours play time per charge.
-Improved speakers.
and this one, I am fuming at.
IT HAS A FREAKING CAMERA!!
I've dreamed so long for a DS with a camera. And I couldn't wait for this DSi, I just heard about it last month. So I just went hell withitz and brought a Lite.
And also this, I am fuming at.
IT CAN PLAY FREAKING FOREIGN GAMES.

I'm jealous. But i'm not gonna get one.
I'm.. I can't! I have a Lite. And I love it.

Kojack
01-15-2009, 10:26 AM
IT CAN PLAY FREAKING FOREIGN GAMES.
The DS has always been region-free; I have a couple import games I play on my DSphat. But any future DSi-specific releases will be region locked. The DSiWare service will also be region locked.

The main difference between the previous DS and DSi is, beside the camera, the DSiWare service. It's a DS version of WiiWare, and content will be purchased through a similar point system. It will also have an SD card slot replacing the GBA slot.

Kishiro
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry Moro, there is already a thread, commotion, hoot and holler about the DSi.

People, please do a search before creating a post about something, just to be sure. Especially if it has to do with Nintendo (chances are Ellipsis has already hit it).