PDA

View Full Version : Get the old cast of Eva Dub?

Funkgun
01-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Now that Funi is doing Eva 1.0 You Are Not Alone, you all think they should try to get the old cast that did the dub of the previous TV series for ADV, and End or Evangelon Movie?

I personally saw it entirely as a sub, but I know many who watched the dub, and think it might be better to have the voices that have done the roles before, rather than new ones that might mess it up?

Anyhow, thoughts?

Akito0o
01-05-2009, 01:40 AM
I think they should for sure get the original cast.
Not many people like dubbed obviously, but in my opinion
Evangelion had one of the best English voice casts ever.
I have seen the series in both English Sub and English Dub.
And I can not say which one I like better.:wacko:

jnLL
01-05-2009, 03:30 AM
the original cast would be better(i think) since they were all really good. and besides, some people got used to the original dubs.

Diocletian
01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
New. I really think it's stupid because most people have probably already bought the 100 dollar box set.

Funkgun
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
The only thing that might not be good about new, is, what if they get some voice or voices that just drives people crazy?
however, I wonder if they could get all the cast back anyhow?

In the Japanese cast it was nice to hear Shinji still voiced the same and Rei. I would have been pretty ticked to not hear the same voices.
I can only think once I see Eva 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, Asuka should be the same too.
I guess I would be a bit ticked if they could not get the original "kids" voices.

As for the dub, I think there might be a few who would feel the same way.

Just my humble opinion.

Akito0o
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
certain voice actor like spike Spencer who played The English Shinji Ikari, still sound the same when they voice act. He played Hanataro Yamada in bleach and he sound exactly the same. Allison Keith did the voice of Misato and also the voice of Melissa Mao in Full Metal Panic and she sounds the same in them both. Even tho it was 10 years between Evangelion and those other projects they sound the same, and its true with the other actors.

Funkgun
01-07-2009, 02:21 AM
certain voice actor like spike Spencer who played The English Shinji Ikari, still sound the same when they voice act. He played Hanataro Yamada in bleach and he sound exactly the same. Allison Keith did the voice of Misato and also the voice of Melissa Mao in Full Metal Panic and she sounds the same in them both. Even tho it was 10 years between Evangelion and those other projects they sound the same, and its true with the other actors.
So your saying that they will be able to sound the same no matter how long ago it was that they did the role?

wolfgirl90
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
So your saying that they will be able to sound the same no matter how long ago it was that they did the role?

A few do. People like Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari) and Tiffany Grant (Asuka Soryu) still sound the same and still voice act. However, the majority of the people who had voices in Evangelion either have moved on to different project and things or no longer voice act (or work for that matter). There were a few people that needed to be replaced for the director's cut, so who knows what's going to happen.

Funimation does have a habit of changing voices when they have acquired a previously licensed anime. They changed the voices in One Piece and they changed the voices in Vandread. Funimation has their own group of preferred actors and actresses. Although, they need to be careful with Asuka. Tiffany Grant will probably not accept anyone being Asuka but her:p.

Funkgun
03-07-2009, 09:05 PM
A few do. People like Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari) and Tiffany Grant (Asuka Soryu) still sound the same and still voice act. However, the majority of the people who had voices in Evangelion either have moved on to different project and things or no longer voice act (or work for that matter). There were a few people that needed to be replaced for the director's cut, so who knows what's going to happen.

Funimation does have a habit of changing voices when they have acquired a previously licensed anime. They changed the voices in One Piece and they changed the voices in Vandread. Funimation has their own group of preferred actors and actresses. Although, they need to be careful with Asuka. Tiffany Grant will probably not accept anyone being Asuka but her:p.
Well, I suppose I see the point of replacing the people who are no longer available.
But for some of those key roles (the ones you mentioned that are still working) it might make a better transition to at least have some of the voices.
lol yes, I have heard she likes that role.

Oh well, it is Funi's baby now. I have not looked to see when it is slated to be out yet.