PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Melbourne

Akiyama25
12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
G'day mates.

My name is Andrew, but my friends call me Aki. I have been into anime and manga since 2001 (though have been exposed to it since the late-80s), and have since collected various anime and manga.

My top favourite series are Utawarerumono, Last Exile, Vandread, Shuffle and School Rumble.

I like drawing, so a lot of my artwork is influenced by anime itself (though I very rarely ever do fanpictures or fanfiction). I am currently writing a series of novels inspired with a mixture of anime and other genres.

Other than that, I play games like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Metal Slug, Final Fantasy and Soul Calibur on Play Station 2, and I wage tabletop battles from the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 games.

Although I love many of the new series released in recent years, there is an anime I saw years ago in the early '90s, but I cannot remember what the title was. My memory of the series is rather vague, but here is the basic description.

In the present day (?), two children, a boy and girl, are in search of their fathers frozen in stone in the Japanese castle of an evil queen(?). Whenever the children touch each other's hands, they release some form of spiritual or magical power. They are constantly on the run as the villainess's henchmen hunt them.

Yugure's Goddess
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, wolcome, Aki.

This is one of the coolest things about AF. You're in Australia, and I'm in the US. We've got a mod in Japan and I've met tons of people on this site from any of another number of countries. It's really cool

Sorry about that. I just wanted to say hello. I can't really tell you what anime that is that you asked about but Anime Forum is amazing and we're really happy to have you here. Be sure to keep to the rules, make friends, be reasonable and have fun.

love
dani
dude

Deadly Kiss
12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi welcome to af. Make sure you read the rules and if you need a friend pm me.

Yoko Littner
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello and welcome to AF, have fun and stay active.

Private Message me anytime and I'll respond as soon as possible.

~*Red*~
12-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi there Aki and welcome :)

Lady Edani
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
hello and welcome to anime forum, follow the rules and have fun here.

Aushkei Ver
12-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Welcome, welcome.
Read the rules, keep posting, make friends, etc.
Enjoy the site.

jnLL
12-29-2008, 12:40 AM
hello there Akiyama25, and welcome to AF!
enjoy your stay and have fun:]
just PM me if you need a friend or if you need anything...

Lady_Saiyan
12-29-2008, 04:45 AM
Welcome to AF.I hope you have fun here.
PM me please! I like to hear from an fellow aussie.:D
(I did send you a PM. reply please.)

sasuke_cat
12-29-2008, 11:23 PM
welcome to AF have fun follow the rules and hope to see you around ^_^

rEikAbLeU
12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
hello Aki...
welcome to AF!
have lots of fun here and stay active...

^_^
pm me if you think i can help you with anything...
or if you wanna be my friend...

Sanosuke X
12-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Hey Aki; welcome to AF enjoy.

Akiyama25
12-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Wow!

So many replies in a small space of time. I aim to have to have much as fun as possible, and to keep up-to-date with the anime world.

Thank you all for your open and friendly welcome! I would be honoured to become friends with everyone on the forum.

^_^

P.s. Do I need to speak to a moderator for an avatar, or am I able to attach one through my profile?

Elphaba
01-01-2009, 11:50 AM
welcome to the forums.
see you later.

SigmaSD
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
hello and welcome to AF. Hope you have a lot of fun here. If you ever need anything, just send me a PM. I'll be around.