PDA

View Full Version : Hack//sign Wallpaper

spike_mindlesskorn
11-04-2003, 05:15 AM
This is my 3rd wallpaper that i have made :) my other two had 3D backgrounds that i made using terragen graffic software. this time i went with a 2D BG. i would like to know what i can do to make this WP better :ph34r:

Golden Anime
11-04-2003, 05:33 AM
by the gods i think my eyes are bleeding O_O

waaaaaaaaaay too much going on in there

fixes:
Increase the optacity of the right pic to 100%.
Change the glow on the text to the same blue as the bg.
never.. NEVER put red text on a blue background.
get out your eraser with a soft brush and go around the left pic, its cutting leaves alot to be desired.

advice:
the background needs to be just that.. a background, not a display of your abstract 3d artwork

imperative advice:
re render the abstract 3d WITHOUT an image projected into it, trust me it'll look 1000x times better since it wont be as busy.

axe:
perhaps lose the left stock alltogether and move the right one into the frame a little more, then you can move the title to the left which would balance it all out.

i think thats enough for now..

MistressPookyChan
11-04-2003, 10:13 AM
With a busy background like that, you need to keep it tone downed some how. I would suggest giving the background a slight blur to make it fluid. Then, I would find a larger, crisper image of the character and replace it with the image on the right. this with draw attention to one central point.

Also, font should not be just pasted on there. it should work with the background. I'm seeing a white font with a blue glow/outline (or visa versa).

onslaught2029
11-04-2003, 11:09 AM
that background is straight nasty, i wish i could do that in photoshop. Good job B)

Kiyoshi
11-04-2003, 06:18 PM
The background look disconfigured yet cool. Nice rendering. Subaru doesn't need to be in there as there is no actually place to put her there. With her in the wp, it makes it looks how do I say... well, it doesn't make the wp look good.

diablo111
11-04-2003, 10:14 PM
The bg is really cool, but for me it overwhelms the character and she gets lost...the bg would be good on it's own for a non-anime wallpaper, I like it alot...but with a character, it seems like it would always outshine whoever you put with it.

Miko
11-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Yeah, just take out the scan... this doesn't even need to be an anime wallpaper. It would work much better as just an abstract 3d; cause the background is. very cool.

_hades the wicked
11-05-2003, 10:36 PM
The background is cool, but REALLY not something to use on an anime wallpaper...
Well, just do what Golden Anime said... That's all I can say.
Hahaha, I'd like to see own's reaction if he saw this! XD

ownerizer
11-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Nov 5 2003, 11:30 PM

Hahaha, I'd like to see own's reaction if he saw this! XD
ask and ye shall receive.

I would toss the wallpaper, it has nothing to do with the anime at all. It's so abstract, that it hurts my eyes to look at. Being random is being trendy. Being trendy is bad. Both of the cuts on both images need to be worked on. I would also move the title, to somewhere more out of the way.

setsuna
11-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Ok.. what can you do to make this wallpaper better? I agree that the background makes a great stand-alone CG wallpaper. But if you want to pursue making it an anime WP... first, decide on one Subaru picture. The two don't complement each other at the moment. Make sure it's a large crisp image and remember to make it the focus, so you don't really wanna desaturate it or make it opaque. The background however, like lots of us said it's a really great CG background, but it doesn't really work right now without tweaking it. You will have to desaturate/opaque and make it MUCH lighter (So light a blue that its close to white). Also, don't make it the background of the whole picture. Make it a horizontal stripe in the center for example. The rest of the background can be a plain color, like a black or turqoise to match Subaru's dress. Then place Subaru on the right side, since most people leave their icons arranged on the left. The hack//sign font looks good but I would make sure you blend it with a better color based on what you would pick for the solid background. If you made a horizontal line you can put the font on top of the line or below it, depending on how it looks in relation to the picture. As for the red font on blue... well the things we learned about color wheel's back in school have been changing. If you ever tried to make a webpage with a blue background and red font, you would begin to see why it doesn't work. It's just hard on the eyes to read. (Hence most people stick with tried and true black and white) When using a dark blue, white or super-light blue would be easier to read. And leaving it on the bottom is a good idea.

Don't be worried... I have the same problems. (My backgrounds stand alone better than the picture I choose) And ofcourse it's much easier to tell someone else what to improve in their art than it is to tell yourself where you think your art went wrong.