PDA

View Full Version : Air Gear -- Ringo

Cantelope
12-23-2008, 09:46 PM
So I woke up at 1:00 PM today and felt like making a wallpaper. Nearly 9 hours later, this is the best I could come up with, sadly lol.

Honestly, this is probably one of the most frustrating wallpapers I've made, having to restart completely so many times because I just didn't like the way it was looking, and other times because I just had absolutely no idea what to do.

Anyways, I think I have something that looks half decent now, but yet another dilemma appears that I'm far too tired to solve. I can't choose whether the pink or blue background looks better. Between the two people I asked one likes pink, the other likes blue. =| Anyone mind doing a tie-breaker?

Please comment and critique! All feedback is appreciated. Stating your color preference too would be fantastic.

PINK OR BLUE?!

*EDIT* Oh yeah, although I'm thinking of having no title for it (no where to cram one anyways imo) but if anyone can come up with a really good one, I'm game.

Cantelope
12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Shameless bump and updates.

I fixed up my brushwork, touched some of the empty parts of the wallpaper, and added more vector lines. Oh yeah, and added some patterns to the stock.

Feedback still appreciated.

MuZ0NaZ
12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Pink, definitely - and don't fade into gray, fade it into another shade. Also, I don't like the sparkles and extra round sunburst-things you added in V2, keep them out. The fact that the scan is flat-shaded and everything else around is totally creamy and delicious is bothering me, too - perhaps just keep the background coloured like the scan is, i.e. in flat areas?

Cantelope
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Pink, definitely - and don't fade into gray, fade it into another shade.
Hmm, I thought about doing that, but I was originally aiming for an image with minimal colors. Do you want the colors to fade to another shade because of some law of graphics, or because it doesn't look good? I think it works well personally though.

Also, I don't like the sparkles and extra round sunburst-things you added in V2, keep them out. The fact that the scan is flat-shaded and everything else around is totally creamy and delicious is bothering me, too - perhaps just keep the background coloured like the scan is, i.e. in flat areas?
Yeah, I think I might have gone a little over the top in V2, but when I compare it to my first version, it's painfully obvious to me that V1 was way too dry. I think I know what you mean with the background though, but minimalism has never been my forte.

MuZ0NaZ
12-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Hmm, I thought about doing that, but I was originally aiming for an image with minimal colors. Do you want the colors to fade to another shade because of some law of graphics, or because it doesn't look good? I think it works well personally though.

I might be wrong about the color but it never hurts to experiment. Thing is, the colouring is too soft for the vector.

Yeah, I think I might have gone a little over the top in V2, but when I compare it to my first version, it's painfully obvious to me that V1 was way too dry. I think I know what you mean with the background though, but minimalism has never been my forte.
Precisely. It's not like the sparkles are too much, it's just that they are really out of place and doing more with less is never easy.

Cantelope
12-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Blah, it's not working out and I'm sick of looking at it. Submitting now =3 Thanks for the suggestions MuZ

MuZ0NaZ
12-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Just remove the sparkles and don't make the vector so sharp (blur it a small bit) and it will be good to go.