PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think Faye was in love with Spike?

Starshine
12-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure if they should have gotten together. But I see a lot of people say they had no chemistry together, and I have to disagree. I think they had too MUCH chemistry. Perhaps they had too much of a fiery dynamic to ever be good together in a relationship. But they were totally into each other.

There is endless evidence of Faye liking Spike, anyway. Her crying when he goes to die, well you could say that's just because they're friends. She acts all tough, but a few times you see that she tries to keep Spike from doing stupid things and getting hurt. Despite her snide comments about him being a walking accident, she does stay by his side while he's unconscious. But the most overwhelming bit is the episode where Faye finds out about Julia. When she's in Jet's ship, on the way back to the Bebop, she asks who Julia is, and when Jet says she has some kind of hold on Spike, she looks really depressed. And later, when Ed is painting her nails, she randomly says "Julia", and when Ed asks, she says she was "just thinking about someone." I'm betting the someone here was Spike, not Julia. (Incidentally, I think her saying "Oh Ed, anything but blue." is prophetic; when Spike dies, the song playing is called "Blue". Or at least it's a symbolic with all the other times blue is mentioned.)

As for Spike, it's hard to say how he feels about Faye. He flirts a bit. When he says something about not coming back from his fight with Mad Pierot, he says "Just kidding. Would you rescue me if it were true?" in a taunting sort of voice.
He knows how she feels.

Most of all though, in the last episode, before he leaves to fight Vicious, they have a telling moment. He tells her to look into his eyes, tells her about them... and when he says "I have to do it, Faye", I see in his eyes another unspoken statement: I know how you feel. If I wasn't so obsessed with this one thing, I could like you too. But I have to go now.

What do you think?

JudyT
01-04-2009, 05:27 AM
See i think they had a SMALL attraction, like you said i'm not sure if they should have gotten together.
But i think that it was more friendship then anything. She knew deep down what he was going to do and it scared her. And i think Spike knew he wasn't going to come back so he told her about his eyes.

But either way the ending was brilliant. And out of Faye and Julia i would have chosen Spike to get with Faye, Julia just bugged me when ever she popped up my nose would crinkle at her. If Spike and Faye had a fling that would have been funny.

So (i'm rambling) i would say i think they implied that their was something between them but it was failed from the set off as they both knew it wouldn't develop as they both knew what was waiting for Spike. T_T

SigmaSD
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't think they were attracted to each other at all. It was more of a friendly relationship, at least that's what it seemed to me. That last seen also didn't give off any vibe that said he liked her or vice versa.

Funkgun
01-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I would tend to agree with the not much going on part.
It's just My belief but I think they were quite platonic. When having working partners it is better that there is no relation.

The part where Faye was at his side when he was all bandaged, might have a little to do with the fact he had inadvertently saved her to get back at Vicious.

Maybe if there was no Julia on Spike's mind there would have been more to it.
Maybe that 'chemistry' would have a chance :)
I do recall Faye is sorta excited to see that Spike had come fore her in the chapel, but that may have disappeared when Spike takes out the guy who is using Faye as a shield.

I was always wondering if there was more a relation that could have came from Jet and her... I mean. She does end up back on his ship. Also they are the ones who are arguing with each other more, she beats poor Jet with gambling, taking all his stuff... I was just wondering.

I guess if there is any hope of a relation between them, it might have been at the end, where she does look viably upset that he is leaving the Bebop. then again, it was a strange little family they had created, and it was dissolving.

Robin Sena
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Any otaku will tell you Spike loved ONLY Julia, and rightly so.

daft
01-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Yes, I think Faye was in love with Spike. But she only realized it too late. =/

Zenai_D'icess
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
I do think to some extent she was, because she couldn't have him, but Spike i don't think had the same feeling toward her

Gjallarhorn
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Of course she was. Remember the last 5 minutes of The Real Folk Blues pt.1? That's why it was there.

Necro'lic Enigma
01-30-2009, 05:11 AM
Well honestly , i think they both had small attractions of love going on between them. But i was never sure about this.
Maybe she was really in love with him but it was too late to confess her love to him....nobody ever knew her true feelings.

Teddie
02-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Yup. Spike obviously showed his affection to Julia only.
Faye was probably realizing her true feelings for Spike when she realized he was about to die out of her life. It's a awkward love triangle.

loveyourfate
02-26-2009, 04:22 AM
I, too, think Faye was in love with Spike. I don't think Spike loved her like that though. Contrary to many people's thoughts here, I think that in the end, he wasn't in love with Julia either (at the end of the series it was more like he had gotten over her and just wanted to set everything straight and finish off his past).

Rein*
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I, too, think Faye was in love with Spike. I don't think Spike loved her like that though. Contrary to many people's thoughts here, I think that in the end, he wasn't in love with Julia either (at the end of the series it was more like he had gotten over her and just wanted to set everything straight and finish off his past).

i agree. i think he was over julia by the end of the series. I also think that Faye-Faye was in love with Spike but spike didn't really think of her in that way. Who knows if he did maybe the series would have ended differently

gokuson
03-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Yes, I think Faye was in love with Spike. But she only realized it too late. =/ yeah i agree, i noticed it on the last episode.

mstrmnd48
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
i don't think Faye was in love with Spike at all.

tsujigiri15
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I have to say I agree with the consensus - Faye really fell for Spike bit by bit throughout the show, as you said this is especially seen in 'real folk blues pt.1'. Though IMO it was much funnier when their relationship was... professional at best, towards the start of the show.

As for Spike, he had no time for romantic love by the end, he was consumed with rage and fear over his past, never Faye or whoever else. He was already right on the edge of sanity outright, and Julia's death pushed him over the edge. If he felt anything for Faye at any stage, he couldnt in the end

watchman
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
My take on it is that they both feel a physical attraction to each other. They're both attractive people after all. But I think beyond that, there isn't much. I think Faye's attempt to keep Spike from going off against Vicious shows more of a familial love than a sexual one. Faye doesn't have anyone in her life, so she wants to keep her 'brothers' around as long as possible.

Sashikizu
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Yea, I think Faye loved him, but realized it too late. I'm not sure about Spike though, he may have known but was too obsessed with Julia to make anything of it. =/

XxxScarlettxxX
04-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I wouldnt say that she loved him but she felt something for him,maybe she wanted him as she thought of getting him as a bit of a challenge as he was so in love with julia.

IdleSniper
04-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Faye was definetely in love with him. She just didn't realize it on time. It would have been great for it to be so though. Love this anime!