PDA

View Full Version : Clare's Claymore breezy night

nichunter1
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Here is a wallpaper of clare , from the anime "claymore" that I made.
I need to start using brushes so that's one of the first of the genre ( for myself of course ). I fear this wall is not complete at all or maybe just a little, If any effects don't fit , are useless , or are needed please tell me!
Anyways I'm starting to like big format wallpapers and I actually don't even know if 1600X 1200 is allowed, so in case it isn't be sure to remind me! :D

Helpful criticism is more then allowed ! Thanks again

Princess Minako
12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
again the background and the character do not mesh. The character is very grungy and the background is very clean and plain. The picture/background don't look like one, they look like a picture slapped on a background. You are churning out wallpapers without actually taking the advice of people and fixing one. I suggest, sitting on one wallpaper for awhile and taking peoples critiques and changing it.

You need to make the background more grungy, less cookiecutter.

Des
12-18-2008, 08:05 PM
It`s a stock image as the bg right?
Thats pretty boring imo, too easy/simple.
Maybe watch Claymore again and try to get some inspiration from it.
And I agree with Minako, stick with one wallie until you get a good result ;)

Cookiecutter, kewl word XD

Come to think of it, using a stock img. for bg can be cool, if you do it right ;)

nichunter1
12-19-2008, 09:47 AM
well the background is not a stock image i self made it , i already know this wall is far from being complete , I just want to get first impressions on it so I know if im / or not going in the right direction =)

Princess Minako
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
The front picture colors are too washed out and don't fit with the vivid hues of the background. The mountains dont' look real. They're flat, they need depth, I would recommend not adding in t he mountains, and taking out the lightening, it doesn't fit. You have lightening and no clouds in the sky, with a bright moon. You are just adding random elements without logic or reason. pick one element and just do it well, instead of a lot of elements ok-ly. Make the picture and the background mesh, as if they belong. Not as if they were just layered ontop of one another.

http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/strawberrypanic/full_1.php

This one by Muzzy, the mountains have depth, they look liek there are several of them, the colors are the same hue,tone,range as the picture. You don't have very vivid colors with a washed out pic. The Style is the same between both pic and bg, one isn't a manga art with an anime background. They both look like a manga picturesque scene. Focus on that first before you add in more elements.

If you want a stacked element look, check out LavaBugs work. He is very good at layering grunge.

nichunter1
12-19-2008, 12:59 PM
ahah yes you're so right about the mountains i need to figure this out knowing i've enver done this kind of stuff before i will probably take me a lot of time and i fear that if i take out the lightning I will be running out of elements and this wall will jsut be way too plain :(.. What to do?

edit : I just realised that for some reason this Background totally sucks , i think i need to find something else out because this is not working out at all

edit 2 : this is what im going towards , Im gonna ahve to figure out how im gonna paint these tree troncs :S gonna be pretty hard as for the rest tell me if it's a good idea and what I should add to this thx !

Princess Minako
12-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't think such a bright background will work. Grey out the colors. THen ask yourself, why would someone who is obviously in a fight, and looking angry be in a bright forest during the day time. Think dark, think grungy, thing dirty.

nichunter1
12-20-2008, 08:13 AM
right , so i guess i should make this in a gray / dark green pattern right?

FLASH-X
12-20-2008, 11:43 AM
i think u should change the background from forest to something more darker like a graveyard or something.... and use a little more dark atmosphere...... rest u did a great job..... i admire the art man:D